The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why does everyone hate Birmingham?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by TheMagicRat
In my experience, when most people ridicule the accent and attempt to imitate it they actual do a Black Country accent.

Yeah they do.

Most people in this country have never heard of the Black Country that's the problem.
Original post by theonefrombrum
I've lived all over Birmingham and some of it is nice but a lot of it isn't. I love the city centre and Broad St is a top night out but other than that there isn't nothing to really get excited about. I live in Small Heath ATM and its a true ****hole and I just cant wait to move out of here.

I live in Northfield , but the area is I live in is quite nice not the ****ty type.
You do have a nice Eiffel Tower.

Oh wait that paris.
Original post by HDBrowne
Are you an Idiot? only one of the people in the article and linked articles from the names you can click are is from Birmingham.

CHECK YOUR OWN SOURCES

Only 1 person that's linked to that article is from Birmingham

I refer YOU to post #127.

I suggest you read the link and see who else did a lot of important work in Birmingham. Unless you think that only people actually born in Brum can make contributions?
Reply 144
Original post by Kibalchich
I suggest you read the link and see who else did a lot of important work in Birmingham. Unless you think that only people actually born in Brum can make contributions?

To be honest all that doesn't matter you claimed Birmingham created the industrial revolution which isn't true.
Original post by Kibalchich
Yes. Birmingham was a major seat of industry, with lots of important figures and innovations.

yet none of them are important or famous enough for you to know them. . .
Reply 146
I like Birmingham, shopping is great, and you do know not everyone shares that same opinion of hate towards birmingham :colondollar:
Reply 147
Original post by Nice.Guy
Being '2ND CITY' everyone expects Birmingham to STAND OUT in some way. . . to have something famous linked to it
For instance, Edinburgh's got Edinburgh castle, Cardiff's got the Millenium stadium

So you had 7 pictures to sell Birmingham :rolleyes: and we can see:

Water
older water
a small footbridge
a building
a bigger building
a bit of funny-shaped metal
and green building...

Nothing that exciting really, is there. . . ? :nah:

As I said - outsiders just don't understand! I love my city.
Reply 148
Original post by sheepshap
you guys obviously have not been to Harborne :smile:

and that isn't as good as it used to be. look at the high street.
I'm a brummie and I hate my accent.

The city isn't as bad as people are making out though, yeah some areas are really grim but there's nice areas too!
Reply 150
I go to uni in birmingham, and i have a love hate relationship with the place, it reminds me of one of those american cities in the 1980's. There is some good qualities about the place, good nightlife, variety of bars (not the same as london though) the canals in the city centre. The inner city areas are bad though, and there is a nasty racial divide in the city. But its an ideal place for a student, especially if they come from a small village in the home counties i imagine, i come from the big city so it feels like a town to me.
Reply 151
I really love Birmingham. It's so stimulating visually and intellectually and it is such a cool place to be....... Oh sh*t! Hang on a minute! I was thinking of Oxford.
Reply 152
I went to Bham once and it actually was pretty depressing. I saw a lot of the city and nothing really broke from the grey of it all. Manchester's more of a second city.
Original post by hvh
As I said - outsiders just don't understand! I love my city.

I'm glad you do, honestly, and I would say the same for my city!

My only problem is against Kibalchich, who's trying to enforce his opinion onto the whole country :rolleyes:
Reply 154
Original post by Nice.Guy
yet none of them are important or famous enough for you to know them. . .

Oh you got my point thank you :smile:
I quite like the accent, and it's a friendly city, well from my experience anyway. I like it.
that accent. definitely the worst in britain.
Reply 157
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
that accent. definitely the worst in britain.

What about Essex?
Oh you got my point thank you :smile:

haha i think we hold exactly the same opinion on this thread, it's pretty awesome when that happens . . . restores my faith in humanity :biggrin:
What about Essex?

essex is annoying but I'd rather sound like that given a choice between the two

Latest

Trending

Trending