Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have an Iphone 3G, Looking for a new phone! Samsung Galaxy S3 or Iphone 4? Help o.o

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    I have had my aging iphone 3G since 2009 and whilst I love the features it has, it is getting on my nerves for a few reasons.
    Its very slow, its battery life is going downhill, its camera is absolutely terrible, doesn't have a front camera, can't upgrade to newer software etc.

I am looking for a new phone for my birthday and I don't know much about newer phones, I was originally going to just go for an Iphone 4. However Samsung Galaxy S3's have been catching my eye more and more. They look a lot easier to customize and I love the bigger screen.

I don't know much about Samsungs though and I have bought quite a few songs on itunes that is discouraging me from moving on to something other than an Iphone. Everyone around me seems to have Iphones and sometimes I just want something a little different.

I've never had another smartphone apart from my Iphone 3G, or an android.

What phone is better in your opinion, or is there any other phones out there that could suit the bill?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    iphone 4 = easier to use due to limited funtionality

s3 = bit complicated at the start if your not familiar with android but when customised it will be easier to use
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same situation. You can get a second hand iphone 4, good condition for around £200 so I am tempted to just do that.
    But I'm thinking upgrade to the iphone 4s because the point of me upgrading is because of how slow the 3G is...and the 4s has a dual core rather than single core processor like the 4.
    But then the cost comes into it so I was swayed towards the samsung galaxy s3 but there doesn't seem to be much difference in cost, so i'm still swaying towards saving/waiting for the 4s price to drop.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    get the Nexus

the fastest smartphone out, with the smoothest slickest operating system. It makes the galaxy s3 feel slow and clunky

boxed as new less than 200 quid
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    You can salvage your iTunes library by burning it onto CD's and then ripping it back onto Windows Media Player. iTunes would allow you to burn purchases to disc the last time I tried it; hopefully it hasn't changed.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    May be worth waiting to see what the iPhone 5 has to offer, details will probably be announced in the next month or so.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I would go for the galaxy s3, I have just upgraded my iPhone to one.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got a Galaxy Nexus with 300 minutes and unlimited texts for free on £20.50 a month, the phone itself has jelly bean 4.1 and makes the phone run just as well as the S3 (if not better), but is far, far cheaper.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    As an ex iphone 4 User recently moved over to an htc one x, I would say the samsung galaxy s3. Apple really aren't bringing anything new to the table really. I looked at what ios6 was bringing before upgrading and it was laughable, really. Things phones should do anyway being touted as features.

I sync my library and photos using a free program called iSync (I think its called that) I also have dropbox and audiogalaxy so can access all my music and photos if necessary.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-x)
    You can salvage your iTunes library by burning it onto CD's and then ripping it back onto Windows Media Player. iTunes would allow you to burn purchases to disc the last time I tried it; hopefully it hasn't changed.
    Or downloand doubletwist onto your laptop and android phone which will sync all your music from your itunes library to the phone for you.A lot less hard work involved.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambry)
    Hello
    I have had my aging iphone 3G since 2009 and whilst I love the features it has, it is getting on my nerves for a few reasons.
    Its very slow, its battery life is going downhill, its camera is absolutely terrible, doesn't have a front camera, can't upgrade to newer software etc.

I am looking for a new phone for my birthday and I don't know much about newer phones, I was originally going to just go for an Iphone 4. However Samsung Galaxy S3's have been catching my eye more and more. They look a lot easier to customize and I love the bigger screen.

I don't know much about Samsungs though and I have bought quite a few songs on itunes that is discouraging me from moving on to something other than an Iphone. Everyone around me seems to have Iphones and sometimes I just want something a little different.

I've never had another smartphone apart from my Iphone 3G, or an android.

What phone is better in your opinion, or is there any other phones out there that could suit the bill?
    iPhone 4, in my opinion... Easier user interface; I personally don't like the big screens on the S3s (lols, don't show this to my boyfriend who has an S3 & I have an iPhone); battery life in iPhone 4 is way better than iPhone 3, and iPhone 4s have the camera on the front which are muchhh better quality than the iPhone 3s... Also, your used to how iPhones work; why not upgrade to a better iPhone and save yourself the hassle of teaching yourself the ways of androids?
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-x)
    Are you absolutely insane? :lolwut:

I don't even think there should be a problem porting iTunes friendly formats to an Android phone, but if there were, all you'd need to do is use any number of freely available opensource programs to batch convert them into any format you want.

I find your suggestion rather adorable though

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 8, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.