Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

University of Bradford or University of Birmingham

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I was wondering whether it really makes that big of a difference on what university you attend. I got accepted at both university of Bradford and university of Birmingham for electrical engineering and was just deciding if it really makes a difference.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bump
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well i think what you should do is look at the particular modules, personally i LOVE the course at Bradford i am now in my second year. But whatever you decide good luck n well done for picking electrical engineering! Hoever if you do come to bradford i hope u shall be joining the Electronic engineering society in freshers week haha!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham would be my choice.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://unistats.direct.gov.uk/

find the two courses you've been accepted to
    'choose up to 3 to compare'
    have a look at the national student surveys, satisfaction etc
    consider your 'feelings' of both universities when you went there

no matter what course you go onto, there will be people who love it and hate it, so dont take an individuals opinion into account! (unless like 30 people all say its horrible)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    They're both very good uni's, you should go with the one you prefer, but from what I've seen , I think Birmingham would be a better choice
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the overall experience: modules, area, accomodation available, employability etc thats what I'd look for anyway.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    you have got to be joking
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhilliChilli)
    Well i think what you should do is look at the particular modules, personally i LOVE the course at Bradford i am now in my second year. But whatever you decide good luck n well done for picking electrical engineering! Hoever if you do come to bradford i hope u shall be joining the Electronic engineering society in freshers week haha!
    I didn't know they had a society lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham I suppose.

Well, can anyone tell that would City university of london be a good choice for electronic engineering?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Well what do you want? A research led university in the top 30 in the UK, member of the Russell group and hence nationally recognised as a good university, or Bradford?

Guardian places Birmingham 17th for Electrical/Electronic and City university 18th. Both are good places to be.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShafiqJ)
    I didn't know they had a society lol
    haha myself and my 2 friends made it over the summer so now its officially starting in september so it'll be open to the freshers to join
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So these rankings are authentic?
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/...ic-electrical-
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    birmingham university
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Because I have to do a foundation year (I didn't do the subjects required) does it matter if I do the foundation year in one uni and then do the actual degree in another? For example of I did the foundation in Bradford and start the first year in Birmingham or vice versa
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dilburt)
    you have got to be joking
    For real this guy is American and even he knows enough about UK universities to know that you are off your rocker OP.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham defo

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 3, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.