The Student Room Group

Why can women never keep promises?

Every woman I meet can never make a promise or keep to their word and I can't stand that in people. People who say one thing and do another. Everytime I say something I keep my word. I don't bull****.

Is this common with women? Why do women lie so much? In my opinion men tell the biggest lies but women tell the MOST lies. Women tell a ton of lies.

I just find it hard to be truthful in a world full of lying people. Is telling the truth even right today? Is it even rewarded? Does karma even exist? Do you have to play the phoney game to win and succeed?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bit sexist to say women lie the most.. both genders lie alot. You just just think women do because your a bloke and im guessing women you like/date lie to you alot.. well guys do the same thing to women they date. In general alot of people lie but there are some good honest people put there.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300
Reply 2
I know exactly what you mean. Women in general do lie a lot, but don't get caught up in it. A lot of the time it's because they want to project a certain image, or it's a protection mechanism or it's all just a game to them (that usually developed due to some experience they had in the past). But even though there are a lot of girls who do lie, there are also plenty of girls who value honesty a lot and it's those ones you should be looking for.

I've personally found that 8/10 times if you're completely open and honest with others they will return the favour, so stay open and honest and when you know someone's lying to you, confront them about it or don't keep them in your life. There are plenty of honest people out there, so you really don't need to surround yourself with those who aren't. I know I certainly don't have time for liars in my life.

And if you're talking about girls as potential significant other halfs specifically then I suggest to just set your standards and stick to them. I know when I meet a new person one of the first things I say to them is this- I have 3 rules: no lying, no cheating and no hitting. Break any one of them and you're out the door". So far people have respected because I've made it clear that those are dealbreakers not to be messed with. If lying is your dealbreaker, then make that clear and don't associate with people who lie. If they can't respect that they're not worth your time anyways.
Original post by blondyx
Bit sexist to say women lie the most.. both genders lie alot. You just just think women do because your a bloke and im guessing women you like/date lie to you alot.. well guys do the same thing to women they date. In general alot of people lie but there are some good honest people put there.

:rolleyes:

Is it sexist to say women are better at multitasking or men are phsyically stronger?

Women lie more and are better at it, it's just how it is.

Original post by fl4mers
I know exactly what you mean. Women in general do lie a lot, but don't get caught up in it. A lot of the time it's because they want to project a certain image

Omg this.
Reply 4
Original post by Wilfred Little

Is it sexist to say women are better at multitasking or men are phsyically stronger?

Omg this.

.. thats your opinion not fact. Girls have just the same problems with guys you know, you just dont realise because you havent had romantic relationships with them.

Reply 5
Can't believe how sexist this thread is... Im sure if I did one about how men treat people like **** I would get alot of abuse from it.. Women and men both lie, no-one knows who lies more. jeezz
Reply 6
Everyone lies. Unfortunately, that’s the sad truth. Honesty is rarely rewarded. To some extent playing the phoney game would help you win and succeed alot quicker than honesty.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
You are probably just associating yourself with women who have the morals of a man
Being bitter and judgemental is likely to result in you not being around nice people. If you want to be around people who are fair and honest, you should probably be nicer to people.

Omg this.

Yes.

OP, you've probably just been unlucky in meeting people who lie a lot. It certainly isn't true that all women - or all people - lie as much as you say. Think of how valuable you are as a rare, truthful person. When you find people who appreciate that about you, it will make up for being 'unusual' in that respect.
Original post by Amwazicles
Yes.

OP, you've probably just been unlucky in meeting people who lie a lot. It certainly isn't true that all women - or all people - lie as much as you say. Think of how valuable you are as a rare, truthful person. When you find people who appreciate that about you, it will make up for being 'unusual' in that respect.

So you're saying men and women are not only equal but the same?
So you're saying men and women are not only equal but the same?

No.

Sexism:
Prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.
Making an assumption about an entire group based on a small number of cases is prejudice. Saying all women are liars because you have had some bad experiences with people who lied and were women is both logically incorrect and sexist. In fact, I'll retract my comment about men being physically stronger, because this is a biological fact. But there is no evidence that women lie more, or are better at multitasking.
No.

Sexism:
Making an assumption about an entire group based on a small number of cases is prejudice. Saying all women are liars because you have had some bad experiences with people who lied and were women is both logically incorrect and sexist. In fact, I'll retract my comment about men being physically stronger, because this is a biological fact. But there is no evidence that women lie more, or are better at multitasking.

I never said all women are liars, don't twist my words. And don't assume anything about my life either, who's making assumptions now?

So you are saying the only difference between men and women are their bodies and other than that we are the same? Or are we different but just not allowed to talk about it?

And there is evidence of women being better at multitasking btw lol.
(edited 11 years ago)
I never said all women are liars, don't twist my words.

So you are saying the only difference between men and women are their bodies and other than that we are the same? Or are we different but just not allowed to talk about it?

And there is evidence of women being better at multitasking btw lol.

I wasn't twisting your words, I was just relating to what the OP said.

Of course there are differences between men and women. In fact, I'm going to skip this argument and get back to my point. You said "women lie more and are better at it" - do you have any evidence for that particular generalisation?
Reply 14

Of course there are differences between men and women. In fact, I'm going to skip this argument and get back to my point. You said "women lie more and are better at it" - do you have any evidence for that particular generalisation?

Thats the point I was trying to make, the OP wont listen..

To be honest I think that about men lol I always keep my promises too! I guess we're just unlucky to meet all the liars.. Lol but its definately not a gender thing.

Lol are you a feminist?

Answer me this, at what point does it become sexism? And where did you get your sexism definition which highlighted sexism against women?

Evidence will be provided when I'm at a computer. Don't know how tov paste on here.
Original post by blondyx
Can't believe how sexist this thread is... Im sure if I did one about how men treat people like **** I would get alot of abuse from it.. Women and men both lie, no-one knows who lies more. jeezz

Im with you. this thread is sexist.
Reply 18
Women do not lie more than men. That is, I include "lying by omission" in the term "lying". Men avoid the truth, give false promises and deceive to the exact same extent women do. Depends which POV you have.

Nobody here can tell you if karma exists. I hope so yes, and I behave assuming that it does.
Original post by Millie228
Women do not lie more than men. That is, I include "lying by omission" in the term "lying". Men avoid the truth, give false promises and deceive to the exact same extent women do. Depends which POV you have.

Nobody here can tell you if karma exists. I hope so yes, and I behave assuming that it does.

Yeah you're right it's split bang on 50/50 between men and women as to who lies more which is very convenient isn't it? Do you seriously think things work that way?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending