Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I got an iPad on contract but they are charging a line rental as well as contract?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The contract is with 3. Is this right?? They are charging us £25 which is what we were told we would pay then an extra £12 a month and this has happened for the past year and a half. I don't think you should pay a line rental with an iPad (3G one) as it cant make calls or send texts. Thanks for your help.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is the £25 for the cost of the iPad?

There will be a line rental for a 3G iPad after all how else would it connect to the 3G network?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donuticus)
    Is the £25 for the cost of the iPad?

There will be a line rental for a 3G iPad after all how else would it connect to the 3G network?
    We were just told that it was £25 for the whole thing we weren't told about a line rental that we had to pay. It does seem fair enough, but I just don't know why the person didn't explain it to us. I'm sure it was £25 for the iPad and 15gb of Internet.

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Clearly if you bought it on a network you would think there was line rental a month, especially 3g. Why would you think something that expensive would just be £25?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Give them a call and ask them what's going on. There will be a line rental to pay as the iPad is using a line but it seems odd they would split the price as unit+line, most places just give you a price to pay per month that is both combined.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AllanMcG)
    We were just told that it was £25 for the whole thing we weren't told about a line rental that we had to pay. It does seem fair enough, but I just don't know why the person didn't explain it to us. I'm sure it was £25 for the iPad and 15gb of Internet.

How long was your contract and did you pay anything upfront for your iPad?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm slightly confused. Either you're paying £37 per month which is for the internet and cost of the iPad (159 upfront) or you think you've bought an iPad for £25 and get 15GB of data per month?

Did you pay a lump sum up front for the contract?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schleigg)
    I'm slightly confused. Either you're paying £37 per month which is for the internet and cost of the iPad (159 upfront) or you think you've bought an iPad for £25 and get 15GB of data per month?

Did you pay a lump sum up front for the contract?
    We paid £100 upfront (just remembered there) and then it was £25 thereafter. But as it turns out we have been paying £37 although it wasnt explained.
    I probably am wrong, just wanted to make sure
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donuticus)
    Give them a call and ask them what's going on. There will be a line rental to pay as the iPad is using a line but it seems odd they would split the price as unit+line, most places just give you a price to pay per month that is both combined.
    Thats what i thought as well and it was £100 upfront cost (i forgot about that until just there) I think my mums going to go into the 3 shop tomorrow and see about it. It was a 24 month contract as well so it ends in december
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Probably misinformed you to get the sale
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raja1988)
    Probably misinformed you to get the sale
    Probably... charming! Oh well, thanks for your help
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AllanMcG)
    Thats what i thought as well and it was £100 upfront cost (i forgot about that until just there) I think my mums going to go into the 3 shop tomorrow and see about it. It was a 24 month contract as well so it ends in december
    In that case it sounds about right. Just an odd way of explaining the cost.

£25pcm for the unit then £12pcm for the line rental. See if you can find the paperwork you got when you signed your contract that'll give you the breakdown.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if it helps but my iPad is with t-mobile and i just pay £25 a month...i paid 200 or something up front for it but then its just the 25, no line rental! I never have liked 3 as a network though...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieee-x)
    Not sure if it helps but my iPad is with t-mobile and i just pay £25 a month...i paid 200 or something up front for it but then its just the 25, no line rental! I never have liked 3 as a network though...
    Im pretty sure this is what was meant to happen! Whether it be 100 or 200, it should have been like this. Thanks for your reply, ill go into the shop because I don't really understand why they wouldnt have told us all this before signing a contract

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 4, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.