Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Moving between Main Campus and Hes East

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'd like to get accommodation in the new Langwith college which is on the Heslington East campus but my department will be on the old main campus.

So my main question is has anyone done a 'commute' between the campuses to get to lessons and how hard/annoying was it? Also am I correct in understanding that there is a free bus between the campuses?

I've tried to look on the uni website but haven't had any luck.

Many thanks.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know, there is a free bus for students between Hest West and Est. I found that it is about 10-15 min walking and actually many people live in Hest Est while having their department in Hest West and there isn't much trouble with commuting. This is what I found by asking students
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isaiahT)
    Hi,

I'd like to get accommodation in the new Langwith college which is on the Heslington East campus but my department will be on the old main campus.

So my main question is has anyone done a 'commute' between the campuses to get to lessons and how hard/annoying was it? Also am I correct in understanding that there is a free bus between the campuses?

I've tried to look on the uni website but haven't had any luck.

Many thanks.
    Hi there,

There are two free shuttle services between Hes East and West that run every 10-15 minutes each, from different bus stops (they're run by different companies) and its free to get to and from each campus or you can pay £2 for a return into york and back to campus.

Its maybe a 10-15 minute walk, and often I found it much quicker to just walk than hang around for a bus, which is then driven by someone who's due to take a 10 minute break before going off etc etc, especially when the weather is nice. When its bad, stick to the bus :P

any other york questions give me a shout

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 4, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.