The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Looking at the tennis timings tommorow, since Murrary is in the men's single and mixed double final, the mixed final starts literally RIGHT after the men's final is predicted to finish...does he not even get like an hour/two break?? =O
Original post by Hood_Man
Big team cycling, small team cycling, forward cycling, backward cycling, cycling while wearing a hat, cycling with no hands, cycling with your eyes closed, cycling in armour etc.

Just a few ideas :tongue:

Imma all out of da rep. :frown:
Reply 5022
Original post by SirMasterKey
It's easier to get that many events in the swimming, how would you sugggest we got 34 events in the cycling?

I wasn't suggesting it.
Reply 5023
Original post by spacepirate-James
Imma all out of da rep. :frown:

It's the thought that counts :smile:
Original post by Deshi
I have just returned from work. Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do :frown:

I just got back from football so likewise.

I hear Ennis is all but assured of gold, plus we got one in the cycling.
Original post by Deshi
Just imagine if we were allowed to enter more than one competitor in the cycling events like they allow in the swimming :sexface:

Carnage. :coma:
Original post by KingMessi

not assured per se, but she should get it if she has a great 800m, which she should.
Reply 5027

She's got around a 13 second lead for the 800m. The only question is whether she can break the 7000 points mark.
Reply 5028
Original post by Hood_Man
Big team cycling, small team cycling, forward cycling, backward cycling, cycling while wearing a hat, cycling with no hands, cycling with your eyes closed, cycling in armour etc.

Just a few ideas :tongue:

How about slow cycling. The last person to finish the race wins.

I used to be pretty good at that - it really tests your balance.
Is Greene out now since he only finished 4th?
Reply 5030

She's got an 150-ish point lead over someone who is 7 seconds slower than her in the 800m. She just needs to put a solid run in tbh. I'm looking to see how well KJT does, on course to see a world junior heptathlon record & if she can get inside the top 15 it'll be fantastic.
Original post by mynameisntbobk
not assured per se, but she should get it if she has a great 800m, which she should.

Original post by notnek
She's got around a 13 second lead for the 800m. The only question is whether she can break the 7000 points mark.

It seems as though her nearest competitor needs to complete the 800m thirteen seconds faster than her, which, barring injury or disqualification, won't happen.
It seems as though her nearest competitor needs to complete the 800m thirteen seconds faster than her, which, barring injury or disqualification, won't happen.

Pretty much. But it ain't over till she runs across the line and the points say yes.

And then Mo.
And then the Long Jump, which could go fecking anywhere.
Original post by Derrick1509

Undetermined.

Original post by YMLT
She's got an 150-ish point lead over someone who is 7 seconds slower than her in the 800m. She just needs to put a solid run in tbh. I'm looking to see how well KJT does, on course to see a world junior heptathlon record & if she can get inside the top 15 it'll be fantastic.

Exactly. It's, as I say, a done deal - injury or disqualification notwithstanding. Johnson-Thompson has been excellent. Her performances augur well for the future.
We are ****ing dominating! Best in Europe, South America and Oceania. Third in the world!!

Feels good to be part of a nation of absolute winners. That cycling an hour ago was beautiful, complete domination!
Original post by Drewski
Pretty much. But it ain't over till she runs across the line and the points say yes.

And then Mo.
And then the Long Jump, which could go fecking anywhere.

True. Very true.

I'm so nervous for Mo. He has been the one British athlete - far more than Ennis or Wiggins - that I've been desperate to see win gold, but given the quality of the field he's up against it could go wonderfully or catastrophically - if one sees outside the medal places as 'catastrophic'.

Yes, the long jump is an outside shot, though...
And Jessica Ennis, come on you beautiful Yorkshirewomen! Another gold in the bag providing nothing unexpected happens!
Original post by Jack93o
thank god that we've got out own equivalent of swimming where there are about a hundred events that aren't too different from each other, multi-medalling at its finest :colone:

The thing is, we put our eggs in many baskets - we dominate cycling, got the most golds in the rowing and could get a lot from the sailing. The best is yet to come :colone:
Original post by Derrick1509

It's First two from each semi plus two fastest losers so if anyone in 3rd or 4th finishes in better than 48.19 then he'll be out.
Ok I missed a lot today, so other than the rowing medals this morning, did we get anymore? :s

Latest