Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Stockings and Piggy Banks!

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Do you use them? (Pillows, Mattresses, Etc also count!)

And if so, how much do you have in them?

I'm very proud of my piggy bank, although there's only 3 Euro in it.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wondered what the hell this thread was about until I saw which forum it was in

I used to have a piggy bank when my parents gave me pocket money, it was one I painted myself and I was so damn proud of it until my sister broke it The only physical money I really save now is for laundry and I keep that in an old Mickey Mouse Fantasia sweet tin, so I guess that counts.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It does count! No doubt.

I love saving money physically... oddly enough once it's on my bank account it's gone already. :<
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a one pof those ceramic piggy banks which you hjave to smash to get at the loot, its feeling rather full at the minute, unfortunately its only coppers :rolleyes:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I was going to put every Euro I get into the piggy bank. But lately I don't spend so much (only onlline shops!) so I have none to put in there.

Also: Do people only save coppers physically?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    I have a one pof those ceramic piggy banks which you hjave to smash to get at the loot, its feeling rather full at the minute, unfortunately its only coppers :rolleyes:
    Me and my housemate spent over an hour trying to smash hers at Uni last year. We didn't have a hammer and so tried throwing it at the floor repeatedly and hitting it with other hard things. Needless to say, our attempts were not successful...

We then proceeded to pull EVERY note and coin inside it out through the slot using a pair of tweezers. Good few hours of procrastination there!
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beffnee)
    Me and my housemate spent over an hour trying to smash hers at Uni last year. We didn't have a hammer and so tried throwing it at the floor repeatedly and hitting it with other hard things. Needless to say, our attempts were not successful...

We then proceeded to pull EVERY note and coin inside it out through the slot using a pair of tweezers. Good few hours of procrastination there!
    What was it made of, armour?! smashed mine in about an hour ago as it was full, only took little push off the desk
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Genuinely thought this would be a thread about student prostitution.

But on topic, I have a tin of coppers, but I just can't be bothered to slice it open and count it all up. Maybe when I've got my dissertation deadline, I'll reach that level of procrastination...
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a piggy bank but it's only a small plastic money box, I just put all my shrapnel and 5ps in it while I'm at uni. I'm not really sure how much is in it though.
    • 72 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beffnee)

Were you thirsty?
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    I used to have a piggy bank when I was about 5-6, but then it broke

Considering getting a new one just so I can store my coppers in there - I've got too many just lying on my windowsill and desk and on the mantlepiece in the living room

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 4, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.