The Student Room Group

Why can women never keep promises?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blondyx
.. thats your opinion not fact. Girls have just the same problems with guys you know, you just dont realise because you havent had romantic relationships with them.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300

Resorting to shaming tactics? Seriously?
Reply 21
Original post by Wilfred Little
Yeah you're right it's split bang on 50/50 between men and women as to who lies more which is very convenient isn't it? Do you seriously think things work that way?

I never said it was 50/50. I'm personally believe there are biological differences between the sexes, and that men and women have inherent different traits. But women being more likely to lie has never been one of them, nor it is an assumption I have ever come across before.
Reply 22
Resorting to shaming tactics? Seriously?

Im not using any tactics. Pisses me off when people generalise and say things like 'women lie more then men' Like i saod both genders lie its not just females and you cant prove women lie more anyway. I dont know why you are being so adamant women are so much more dishonest. I know plenty of women who are honest and plenty of men who are dishonest.

Reply 23
Original post by blondyx
Bit sexist to say women lie the most.. both genders lie alot. You just just think women do because your a bloke and im guessing women you like/date lie to you alot.. well guys do the same thing to women they date. In general alot of people lie but there are some good honest people put there.

you.do.not.understand.sexism.
Every time I come in the Relationships section I feel like I should hate myself a little more for being a woman...

...but then I realise that I'm awesome. :awesome:

(Awaits the next thread: "Why are women so egotistical?") :teehee:
Original post by Rennit

Basically.

I particularly like that sexism definition posted by a mod - "Sexism is mostly against women". :cool:

Original post by SimplyEccentric
Every time I come in the Relationships section I feel like I should hate myself a little more for being a woman...

...but then I realise that I'm awesome. :awesome:

(Awaits the next thread: "Why are women so egotistical?") :teehee:

There are just as many man hating threads on here.
Original post by Millie228
I never said it was 50/50. I'm personally believe there are biological differences between the sexes, and that men and women have inherent different traits. But women being more likely to lie has never been one of them, nor it is an assumption I have ever come across before.

lol it happens all the time.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2070551

You see it on here loads.
Basically.

I particularly like that sexism definition posted by a mod - "Sexism is mostly against women". :cool:

That's not what the quote said. It was simply from an online dictionary, and it just referred to that fact that the term sexism is more commonly used to describe discrimination against women.
Original post by Amwazicles
That's not what the quote said. It was simply from an online dictionary, and it just referred to that fact that the term sexism is more commonly used to describe discrimination against women.

Which is sexism in itself.:biggrin:

stereotyping on the basis of sex

So men are typically sexists then :laugh:
Which is sexism in itself.:biggrin:

So men are typically sexists then :laugh:

Wait what? I think I've lost track of your point..
Reply 30
lol it happens all the time.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2070551

You see it on here loads.

I have never seen real scientific research or surveys saying that women lie more. It tends to highlight men lying more, and even their lies tend to be worst, whereas the most common female lie is "I'm fine".

I'm sorry, your comments on TSR are usually sensible, but this is completely off track and sounds bitter. I'm not really interested in the debate anymore when examples of other TSR threads are used as proof. I don't think there is any agreement here - I'm not a liar, nor are my female friends and on the grand scale I've never seen someone I take seriously say women are liars, so I cannot relate to it.
Original post by Millie228
I have never seen real scientific research or surveys saying that women lie more. It tends to highlight men lying more, and even their lies tend to be worst, whereas the most common female lie is "I'm fine".

I'm sorry, your comments on TSR are usually sensible, but this is completely off track and sounds bitter. I'm not really interested in the debate anymore when examples of other TSR threads are used as proof. I don't think there is any agreement here - I'm not a liar, nor are my female friends and on the grand scale I've never seen someone I take seriously say women are liars, so I cannot relate to it.

That's not what I said.

Tbh I don't even come on here for serious debates any more, every thread is pretty much full of emotionally driven posters so I prefer to wind people up these days.

I will say this though, there's a woman on the first page who said something similar to me, why is nobody going at her?

Original post by fl4mers
I know exactly what you mean. Women in general do lie a lot

That's all I said in this thread, why is it worse for me to say it?

Probably. Perhaps I'm just a masochist who subconsciously seeks out the female-hating threads on here :redface:

tumblr_l8ennaMkPd1qcn2zmo1_500.png
Original post by SimplyEccentric
Probably. Perhaps I'm just a masochist who subconsciously seeks out the female-hating threads on here :redface:

tumblr_l8ennaMkPd1qcn2zmo1_500.png

It's okay xoxox

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/nymetsparrot31/mayerandkanyehug.gif
Original post by Anonymous
Every woman I meet can never make a promise or keep to their word and I can't stand that in people. People who say one thing and do another. Everytime I say something I keep my word. I don't bull****.

Is this common with women? Why do women lie so much? In my opinion men tell the biggest lies but women tell the MOST lies. Women tell a ton of lies.

I just find it hard to be truthful in a world full of lying people. Is telling the truth even right today? Is it even rewarded? Does karma even exist? Do you have to play the phoney game to win and succeed?

Source or STFU? You choose.
Every woman I meet can never make a promise or keep to their word and I can't stand that in people. People who say one thing and do another. Everytime I say something I keep my word. I don't bull****.

Is this common with women? Why do women lie so much? In my opinion men tell the biggest lies but women tell the MOST lies. Women tell a ton of lies.

I just find it hard to be truthful in a world full of lying people. Is telling the truth even right today? Is it even rewarded? Does karma even exist? Do you have to play the phoney game to win and succeed?

In real life i never noticed that women lie more than men. How big do the lies have to be though?
Reply 36
Original post by Rennit

All I am saying is that its unfair to say women lie more than men. PEOPLE lie, there shouldnt be so much hate for women both genders do it alot
Reply 37

Why do most women tell lies?? Easy...I don't.
Reply 38
Women often lie to "be nice". like if they are rejecting you or if they are breaking up with you. Be better if they told you straight (rejecting you) rather than keep stringling you along and not telling you how they feel outright, its better for a guy to take a rejection in one huge blow rather than being kept in a loop which henceforth keeps the hope, which is much much worse imo. Ive experienced both and its so much easier for a guy to move on if they are told outright.
Reply 39
Original post by Foo.mp3

I don't

Not even little white lies?

Quick Reply

Latest