The Student Room Group

Omg so scared! :(

I start Uni next month OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am ****ting ma pants!

My friends are not going to the same Uni as I, so obviously I need to start from fresh. That's the part I'm ****ting my pants :frown:

Am I the only one? It's like starting Year 7 again somehow wtf?

Advice really appreciated! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
You have a successful YouTube career. What are you so scared of?
Well I'm moving country so :smile: I'm not going to know anybody in the whole country aside from the family I have living in the UK, who live about 5 hours away from my uni... In ways it's scary of course, but I think of it as an opportunity. I get to start fresh, go somewhere new, meet new people.

I really don't think we're the only ones. Making friends at uni is everybody's biggest worry, so we're all in the same boat! :awesome:
Reply 3
Original post by desdemonata
Well I'm moving country so :smile: I'm not going to know anybody in the whole country aside from the family I have living in the UK, who live about 5 hours away from my uni... In ways it's scary of course, but I think of it as an opportunity. I get to start fresh, go somewhere new, meet new people.

I really don't think we're the only ones. Making friends at uni is everybody's biggest worry, so we're all in the same boat! :awesome:

YAY! :smile:
I know I'm not the only one, I'm just getting worried.

I will miss my mom sooooo bad :frown:
Original post by SeaNanners
YAY! :smile:
I know I'm not the only one, I'm just getting worried.

I will miss my mom sooooo bad :frown:

I'm going to miss my dog :frown:

Haha well, I might be the only Brit moving back from living abroad. So maybe I'm the one who should be worried? Damn, oh well :colone:
Reply 5
It was pretty easy for me tbh, its not as daunting as you think :smile: I didn't know anyone either and made friends with the first person I spoke to. Still friends now.
Look at it like this - at least you know you have a place.

And your friends not being there may allow you to branch out and make friends with people you wouldn't usually have spoken to :smile:
Reply 7
Just graduated this year so looking at these these only reminds me of my experiance on the first year. Basically I did have a lot of nerves at the start because its something totally different. It took me about 4 weeks to stop being nervous. Im not one to make friends easily but I managed it. Your be fine.

I dont know about other uni's but everyone please brush up on your cooking lessons, I recall so many fire alarms being triggered in the middle of the night because of peoples bad cooking lol.

I guess the only thing that may help you calm the nerves is to realise EVERYONE you see on freshers week is in the exact same situation, that means you all can relate and making friends should be easier than normal.
Reply 8
to be honest my biggest fear about uni at the moment is even getting a place!

after that, however scary it is, at least I won't be repeating a school year:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending