The Student Room Group

Results Day: Check Track before collecting results?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by MJ1993
Reading this thread is making me feel physically sick D: I am terrified for results day, after how my exams went I KNOW that I havent got in D: Anybody fancy drowning sorrows on results day with me?

These are my exact thoughts, it's te worst feeling ever.
Original post by kjærlighet
I'm definitely going to try and check track before heading out to get my results. Feeling doubtful as to how well I did and I don't really want to have to find out in front of all my teachers/friends. If I've done awfully at least I can react in private and not in front of everyone. Can you tell I've already been having nightmares about results day? :colondollar:

You're not the only one to have nightmares, I've had several already, all include me not getting into my firm. I'm so nervous and my nightmares and not sleeping will probably increase the closer it gets.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 62
"Many school and college advisers are concerned that logging in early to Track is all very well if the news is good, but if the news is disappointing they would rather be on hand to support you through deciding what to do. In the end it's up to you. Don't let yourself be pressurised, by all your TSR mates who are logging in and posting the results, into doing the same if you would rather not. It may help to decide in advance what you want to do, bearing in mind the possible outcomes:

If school and college advisors are truly concerned then they would OPEN EARLY to be on hand to support disappointed students and to allow them to quickly access clearing once they have considered their next course of action.
In my opinion, schools only opening at 10:30 on results day are more concerned with the comfort of their staff than the welfare of their students.
My post-16 is open from 8 especially for the ones who don't get in and need help. They encourage us to check track before we go to get our results.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I think I'm going to get up at 7 and then see if it's working then.
Reply 65
avoid it till the last possible moment ... if i get in if i get in if not well i'll find out eventually :rolleyes:
Depends if I fall asleep/wake up at 7.

Although I'll be checking my actual results first (they're all online on same exam board) at which point I'll know anyway where I've been accepted/rejected
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 67
Ever since my econ exam went so badly wrong I've been prepping for the worst.. I think I my even ask my grandma to check track and tell me the news!
Reply 68
What's worse is that in the middle of my exam season i discovered my front teeth were brown from the back and I spent a whole 5 days (3 exams) worried that my teeth were decaying! I saw the dentist on Friday and he told me I drink too much tea (which is staining) and my teeth were totally fine. WHAT IS MY LIFE?!

If only the exam boards would accept a valid reason for special circumstances like that! Lol
Reply 69
Can someone please clear something up for me? My insurance has higher grade requirements than my firm (had no choice unfortunately but to do this). On results day when I log into track if it says I've met the conditions for my insurance choice would this automatically mean I've surpassed the requirements needed by my firm?
Reply 70
Original post by Choppyy
Can someone please clear something up for me? My insurance has higher grade requirements than my firm (had no choice unfortunately but to do this). On results day when I log into track if it says I've met the conditions for my insurance choice would this automatically mean I've surpassed the requirements needed by my firm?

Track will not say that you've met the conditions, they will change your offer to unconditional - so they could have accepted you with lower grades than they initially asked for.
I think that if you see on track that your insurance has accepted you, then either your firm hasn't accepted you or has offered you a changed course.
Reply 71
My intention was always to check Track first, but I'm going to get my results online at 7. :smile: I know that some people could check their Track at 6am last year, but I don't want to get up early to find out that I can't!
Reply 72
Original post by Catherine.
My intention was always to check Track first, but I'm going to get my results online at 7. :smile: I know that some people could check their Track at 6am last year, but I don't want to get up early to find out that I can't!

I wish my school let you look at your results online, we have to go in to get them.
YES do it - this is what I did and the walk/drive was much better as I knew I had gone into my course.

Another mate of mine DIDN'T do this and was almost in tears as he didn't get the grades. But when he went home he found that he HAD got in!.
I'm checking track... I NEED to know as soon as I possibly can.
I couldn't go in not knowing. I have to know asap so I can prepare myself if I haven't got it. If it all goes wrong, I couldn't face walking into a room full of my friends/teachers, who are stressed enough themselves, and then not get the grades without knowing about it first. Far too much extra pressure to handle.
Reply 76
Original post by 1mum
Track will not say that you've met the conditions, they will change your offer to unconditional - so they could have accepted you with lower grades than they initially asked for.
I think that if you see on track that your insurance has accepted you, then either your firm hasn't accepted you or has offered you a changed course.

Would both firm and insurance say unconditional if I achieve the grades for my insurance, in this instance?
Reply 77
I'm sorry but I'll be checking for sure; if the opportunity is there to view results earlier then you gotta take it! Plus whatever happens atleast you know sooner and can do something about it if need be. Heart in mouth situation or what ! :redface:
I'm gonna check Track/email (if it lets me on/sends- I dunno whether my firm uni is particularly slow to update). Either way I know I'm not gonna do Clearing this year if I don't get in so if Track tells me I'm unsuccessful I won't be in any huge rush to get in for my results, and I'd rather know before I go to pick them up anyway so I know what reaction to expect from teachers etc when I walk in (although most of my teachers won't be there). This is all dependant on whether I'll actually be physically able to wake up before 12pm anyway...
Reply 79
Original post by DoubleNegative
I couldn't go in not knowing. I have to know asap so I can prepare myself if I haven't got it. If it all goes wrong, I couldn't face walking into a room full of my friends/teachers, who are stressed enough themselves, and then not get the grades without knowing about it first. Far too much extra pressure to handle.

Damn, I hadn't thought about it like that...

Quick Reply