Original post by Village Whisper
Fine Art :smile: What about you?

Im doing Sports and Exercise science hopefully ! :smile:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 21
Original post by parpirate
The welcome parties are definitely halls only though I've no idea if returners living in halls are allowed to move in then, the Sing Off is definitely halls only as well. For Freshers FND the halls buy tickets in advance so it's unlikely anyone else will get in because there simply isn't space.

The first few days are usually fully packed with loads of people really lost and confused, that combined with ridiculous queues for the bar would be enough to put most returners off anyway I think. Thinking about it, Returners FND is the
busiest night of the year which probably answers the question about Freshers FND.

Welcome parties are welcome to all. freshers in halls, freshers in town, returners in halls, 2nd, 3rd, 4th years and postgrads. Just queue up as normal :smile:. (probably a lot earlier though as the Union normally hits capacity at some point.)
Reply 22
Original post by DaveTingle
Welcome parties are welcome to all. freshers in halls, freshers in town, returners in halls, 2nd, 3rd, 4th years and postgrads. Just queue up as normal :smile:. (probably a lot earlier though as the Union normally hits capacity at some point.)

If Tingle says it, it must be true!
Reply 23
Original post by sophiered
I'm doing art foundation and from the looks of it it doesn't seem like we get much of a freshers week?

:tongue: Like I think I move into Village Court on the 26th, then have an induction day on the 28th and then the course starts on the 3rd October (I think)?

Hey I'm doing art foundation too! I'm in Faraday accommodation and don't know when to move in, haven't been told anything about freshers. Have you done the summer project? :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Lmtaylor
Hey I'm doing art foundation too! I'm in Faraday accommodation and don't know when to move in, haven't been told anything about freshers. Have you done the summer project? :smile:

Likewise! I'm at bakewell but doing art foundation and have no idea about anything!? I just started doing the art project today, going through the list of names and stuff :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 25
Original post by msmith94
Likewise! I'm at bakewell but doing art foundation and have no idea about anything!? I just started doing the art project today, going through the list of names and stuff :smile:

Me too I'm trying to start the project today, I've got a few photos for the photography task but that's it, seems like quite a lot to do :s I thought we would get the normal freshers week like everyone else, but I'm not sure! I'm trying to find a facebook group or something which might say but can't find anyone doing art foundation, hopefully we find out soon! :smile:
Reply 26
Me too I'm trying to start the project today, I've got a few photos for the photography task but that's it, seems like quite a lot to do :s I thought we would get the normal freshers week like everyone else, but I'm not sure! I'm trying to find a facebook group or something which might say but can't find anyone doing art foundation, hopefully we find out soon! :smile:

I've found a good group, it's just Loughborough University Freshers 2012 and I've wrote on that and people are saying it doesn't matter about what course we do we will all have the same freshers! :smile:

Reply 27
Original post by msmith94
I've found a good group, it's just Loughborough University Freshers 2012 and I've wrote on that and people are saying it doesn't matter about what course we do we will all have the same freshers! :smile:

Ah that's good! I'll join that thanks :smile:
Reply 28
I'm in Faraday accommodation and don't know when to move in, haven't been told anything about freshers.

Im in Faraday too! :smile:

As far as I am aware, move in date for Faraday is Wednesday 26th September.
Reply 29
Original post by NickA92
Im in Faraday too! :smile:

As far as I am aware, move in date for Faraday is Wednesday 26th September.

Ah first person to be in Faraday as well! Oh ok that's great thanks :smile: what course are you doing?
Reply 30

Only just started the summer project today because I'm such a bad procrastinator! :tongue: Probably gonna end up rushing it last minute, just been going through the artists list and went down to the National Gallery yesterday for the Titian exhibition!

Haha hope we at least get a few days of freshers! Otherwise may just have to wait 'til the year after for proper freshers :tongue: And somehow go out most nights and try to get up for the 9am start! Eek!
Reply 31
Original post by sophiered
Only just started the summer project today because I'm such a bad procrastinator! :tongue: Probably gonna end up rushing it last minute, just been going through the artists list and went down to the National Gallery yesterday for the Titian exhibition!

Haha hope we at least get a few days of freshers! Otherwise may just have to wait 'til the year after for proper freshers :tongue: And somehow go out most nights and try to get up for the 9am start! Eek!

All I've done is cover a book to use as the a5 sketchbook ... which has taken me all day when I'm supposed to be starting the project, I am so bad at this haha! Yeah I think that might happen oh god that is going to be hard getting up for 9 while everyone else lies in!
Reply 32
Ah first person to be in Faraday as well! Oh ok that's great thanks :smile: what course are you doing?

System's Engineering. You?
Reply 33
Original post by NickA92
System's Engineering. You?

Art foundation :smile:
hey ive moved up to loughborough and im in private rental im just wondering how this will work for freshers week? :smile:
Original post by gracestones
hey ive moved up to loughborough and im in private rental im just wondering how this will work for freshers week? :smile:

Either affiliate to a hall to enjoy their festivities or do it off your own back with your flat/housemates. I would pick the first option, though, as you'll probably have a better time.
Original post by thenickoftime
Either affiliate to a hall to enjoy their festivities or do it off your own back with your flat/housemates. I would pick the first option, though, as you'll probably have a better time.

thanks :smile: you at loughborough uni already or starting this year?
Original post by gracestones
thanks :smile: you at loughborough uni already or starting this year?

About to start my third year! I'm an oldie. Any questions, just private message me, I'll probably have an answer or at least a link that'll help.
Original post by thenickoftime
About to start my third year! I'm an oldie. Any questions, just private message me, I'll probably have an answer or at least a link that'll help.

haha im on oldie just starting late :smile: 21 in november

Quick Reply

Latest