The Student Room Group

Favourite Torchwood Character?

Scroll to see replies

Gwen :biggrin:
Reply 21
Original post by CharlieNoir
Ooh I've actually got The Twilight Streets on my kindle but I just haven't got round to reading it :tongue:
And no I haven't :frown: oh dear this is making me look like a terrible fan haha, I completely forgot they did those audio plays! But after watching the first episode of Miracle Day and hating it I kind of forgot about Torchwood :tongue:

Read it :P

No you don't! :biggrin: I doubt many torchwood fans even know the audio plays exist! You really should listen to them though! On one of them there is a really touching moment between Ianto and Jack! It did make me wonder if something would happen to Ianto or Jack in series 3, but I didn't think anything of it. I never thought they would kill Ianto off!! :eek:

Original post by JordanS94
Gwen :biggrin:

Really? Why?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by AJCSShp

Really? Why?

I actually have no idea why tbh :lol: I've always had a lot of love for the character I may be influenced by the actress being in series 1 episode 3 :lol:
Reply 23
Original post by JordanS94
I actually have no idea why tbh :lol: I've always had a lot of love for the character I may be influenced by the actress being in series 1 episode 3 :lol:

It took me soooo long to realise what you meant by series 1 episode 3, then I realised you meant the revived doctor who !:banghead: :colondollar:
I admit she was good in that!!!

I don't like her in torchwood though! She is just so unlikeable! (If that is a word. :biggrin:)
Reply 24
Torchwood is one of my faves, hoping more series would get Commissioned.

I have 3 favourite characters: Jack, Ianto and Gwen. Jack and Ianto for reasons already mentioned. Gwen because she kicks butt, I'm Welsh, POW.
Reply 25
Definitely Jack!.His picture is my avatar :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 26
Its a hard choice, i quite liked thee old team. I think they managed to survive without Tosh & Owen, poor Ianto though when he died, i cried like a baby!! :frown: Gwen shouldn't have had a baby too.. just seems to humanised if ya get me?? :/ They did ruin it when the show went over to America - bleeeh! I hope it returns back to England and forget the whole american series ever existed :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 27
Ianto don't go, don't leave me please, please don't
Reply 28
Original post by Jammie_x
Its a hard choice, i quite liked thee old team. I think they managed to survive without Tosh & Owen, poor Ianto though when he died, i cried like a baby!! :frown: Gwen shouldn't have had a baby too.. just seems to humanised if ya get me?? :/ They did ruin it when the show went over to America - bleeeh! I hope it returns back to England and forget the whole american series ever existed :biggrin:

in before angry welsh person
Reply 29
oops, i mean turn back to Wales :colondollar: my baaad!
Original post by AJCSShp

No you don't! :biggrin: I doubt many torchwood fans even know the audio plays exist! You really should listen to them though! On one of them there is a really touching moment between Ianto and Jack! It did make me wonder if something would happen to Ianto or Jack in series 3, but I didn't think anything of it. I never thought they would kill Ianto off!! :eek:

It just pains me that they'd kill off such great characters like Ianto, Tosh and Owen and yet Gwen is still alive :mad: she does my head in :tongue:
Reply 31
Original post by CharlieNoir
It just pains me that they'd kill off such great characters like Ianto, Tosh and Owen and yet Gwen is still alive :mad: she does my head in :tongue:

I know! I don't like Gwen either. :biggrin:
I suppose you either love her or hate her!
Reply 32
Original post by AJCSShp
I know! I don't like Gwen either. :biggrin:
I suppose you either love her or hate her!

I love Gwen.

What's your beef with Gwen?
Reply 33
Original post by Cephalus
I love Gwen.

What's your beef with Gwen?

In my opinion

Bad points
She was so whiny and demanding!
She was like Jack love me, love me all the time.
She cheated on Rhys. (Who I love btw, after that I started to hate her. )

Good points
She is a strong independent women.
Good in a fight.

Bad points out-weigh good, therefore, I dislike Gwen.
Original post by AJCSShp
In my opinion

Bad points

Good points
Good in a fight.

The main reason I don't like Gwen is because she cheated on Rhys too!
He's so Welsh and adorable :colondollar:
Reply 35
Original post by AJCSShp
In my opinion

Bad points

Good points
Good in a fight.

You haven't factored in that sexy welsh accent :biggrin:
Why does everyone hate miracle day? I at least prefer it to children of earth.
Also, no votes for John Hart? He is my second favourite after Owen.
Reply 38
Original post by When you see it...
Why does everyone hate miracle day? I at least prefer it to children of earth.

I actually quite liked Miracle day.

It was nice to see a spectrum beyond just fighting aliens.

And it was quite deep.
Reply 39
I like Tosh and Owen :biggrin: its a shame they got killed off :frown: they would have made such a cute couple and those death scenes :frown: heartbreaking, although Iantos definitley topped those :frown: I miss the old team, hated Rex in Miracle day, he was so arrogant and awful then decided to throw the old teams deaths back in Jacks face :angry: He kinda grew on me at the end but I wish it was Esther who stayed alive not him... exactly how could he suddenly come back to life :confused: what makes Jack imortal is not in his blood, we learned that he was a fixed point in time and space in Doctor Who... Did the Americans not know that or something..
It should have just stayed in the UK, I get a change is good and I quite like that they moved bits of Doctor Who to America now but the writers did a good job with that
Starz just messed Torchwood up, I almost hope that there won't be another season if this is how its going to end up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending