Scroll to see replies

Original post by moonkatt
Break wind.
Fart.
Flatulence.

I get it, I get it..lol
Original post by 2ndClass
I'd rather get ebola than live in Kampala to be honest

really mate? You don't know what you just said.
Original post by WhisperOfLove
The deadliest virus has hit this place fml I am too scared:s-smilie:

****. Stay safe!

Wasn't Ebola spotted in Tasmania or was it Tanzamia? Anyway, there were two subjects who were suspected of having Ebola but were confirmed not to have it?

Anyway, literally stay away from Human contact, see anyone coughing run the opposite way. Heard Ebola was spotted in kenya as well.

Edit: Just read 13 people have died already. I feel bad playing that Infection game on the ipod now.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ProfessorPester
****. Stay safe!

Wasn't Ebola spotted in Tasmania or was it Tanzamia? Anyway, there were two subjects who were suspected of having Ebola but were confirmed not to have it?

Anyway, literally stay away from Human contact, see anyone coughing run the opposite way. Heard Ebola was spotted in kenya as well.

Edit: Just read 13 people have died already. I feel bad playing that Infection game on the ipod now.

looool you're cute. It's Tanzania, in East Africa.
Yeah mate, true.. true...

lol what infection game
Read The Hot Zone. That will terrify you for sure.
The deadliest virus has hit this place fml I am too scared:s-smilie:

Whatever you do, do not board a plane for everyone else's safety. In fact Entebbe International Airport should be closed for departure flights. Or make sure that every single passenger gets a medical check before departure.
looool you're cute. It's Tanzania, in East Africa.
Yeah mate, true.. true...

lol what infection game

I don't get it, what did i say was funny? Or was that sarcasm?

The iphone game is called 'Plague inc'. Pretty much choose what you want to be like bacteria, fungi, virus and you choose where you want to start the infection.
that's what you get for living in uganda
Original post by TheWalkinDude
Read The Hot Zone. That will terrify you for sure.

If Ebola was in your country, a virus that has a high death rate, would you want to know what symptoms you will get and how you will die?

With 13 deaths already, i'm sure she does not need to be in more fear.
Reply 29
Original post by HARRY PUTAH
Not really.

If it attaches itself to the common cold then yes, we are ****ed.

Yes really, its pretty damn deadly few other virus's have up to a 90% mortality rate without dipping below 50% very often..
If Ebola was in your country, a virus that has a high death rate, would you want to know what symptoms you will get and how you will die?

I'd want to know what symptoms to look out for in others so that I could try and minimise the chances of me catching Ebola. Especially the Zaire strain.

I do recommend people read The Hot Zone though. Far more scary than most horror books because it is essentially a true story.
I'd want to know what symptoms to look out for in others so that I could try and minimise the chances of me catching Ebola. Especially the Zaire strain.

I do recommend people read The Hot Zone though. Far more scary than most horror books because it is essentially a true story.

Internal and external bleeding, vomiting, the ****s, a fast forwarded expiry date, stomach pains, joint and muscle ache are from what i can remember. Not pretty.

I will read this, definitely sounds interesting. Always was interested in virus', i agree it really is scary, something so small can **** you over and many others big time.

Knowing my luck and just how crap the UK, i would not be surprised if there was a Ebola case here.
(edited 11 years ago)
Never heard of CNN but aww sheeeet!

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/08/03/health/uganda-ebola-virus/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

I hope this isn't a mutated strain.
(edited 11 years ago)
Internal and external bleeding, vomiting, the ****s, a fast forwarded expiry date, stomach pains, joint and muscle ache are from what i can remember. Not pretty.

I will read this, definitely sounds interesting. Always was interested in virus', i agree it really is scary, something so small can **** you over and many others big time.

Knowing my luck and just how crap the UK, i would not be surprised if there was a Ebola case here.

Definitely read it. The author is Richard Preston. But essentially it was an outbreak of Ebola in a monkey house in America. The scariest thing was that it had managed to become airbourne, we were just lucky that this strain hadn't been able to make the jump to humans yet.
Definitely read it. The author is Richard Preston. But essentially it was an outbreak of Ebola in a monkey house in America. The scariest thing was that it had managed to become airbourne, we were just lucky that this strain hadn't been able to make the jump to humans yet.

Airbourne? ****ing hell, how did they quarantine it? I need to read this, apparently Stephen King praised it as well.
Airbourne? ****ing hell, how did they quarantine it? I need to read this, apparently Stephen King praised it as well.

Kept it in the monkey house and prayed that it wouldn't make the leap to humans from what I remember.

I've read a lot of Stephen King books (It being the one that scared the bejeezus out of me) but The Hot Zone literally kept me awake at night because it's a factual account of a real life event.
I was in Kampala when the first death was announced, luckily I was in a secure campsite and moved to jinja the next day. Got back to the UK last Friday. It freaked me out when I was there. Feel for you :-(

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my ST18i
I don't get it, what did i say was funny? Or was that sarcasm?

The iphone game is called 'Plague inc'. Pretty much choose what you want to be like bacteria, fungi, virus and you choose where you want to start the infection.

wow what a game o.0 No I wasn't being sarcastic. I found it funny that you said tasmania and tanzamia :P

Hey, it's no problem really! Infact, it is helpful to know the symptoms I guess..
Original post by dream_merchant
I was in Kampala when the first death was announced, luckily I was in a secure campsite and moved to jinja the next day. Got back to the UK last Friday. It freaked me out when I was there. Feel for you :-(

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my ST18i

oh that's so cool! How did u like k'la? I'm not a local btw :3

Quick Reply