The Student Room Group

AQA MPC2 (Core 2) Exam June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
yeah I have both one after the other tmw! :s-smilie: is anyone else doing it tmw?
M1 was great!
Reply 462
Anybody got mark scheme yet for C1 & C2 yet?
Reply 463
Original post by x_Raman_96
M1 was great!

Umad???!?!? (Unless you took physics that is) :facepalm:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-N7000
Reply 464
Original post by ashton.gibbs
Sorry everyone, didn't realise my dad had got rid of my scanner! So I've had to do the pictures on my phone! Hope they're okay everyone :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

That genuinely made me feel kinda ill having to look at that paper again! I dropped like 24 marks.. I've never done so badly in an exam before! Who knows, that might end up being a low b.. hopefully! Still incredibly annoying though, since I was aiming for 95ums+ :frown:
Reply 465
Ahh this is a different exam sweetie :smile:

Have you got the solutions for this paper?
[QUOTE="iceman95;37763781"]
Ahh this is a different exam sweetie :smile:

Have you got the solutions for this paper?

No, sorry!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 467
Hmm thanks Ashton for the paper :smile:

Hated it. Worst paper ever and ironically, core 2 was the one I prepared for the most

Got 87 in C1 and defo at least 90 in M1..

I think i only got about 41 in this paper... is that enough for the 60 ums I need to get an A overall??
Reply 468
Original post by MSI_10
Hmm thanks Ashton for the paper :smile:

Hated it. Worst paper ever and ironically, core 2 was the one I prepared for the most

Got 87 in C1 and defo at least 90 in M1..

I think i only got about 41 in this paper... is that enough for the 60 ums I need to get an A overall??

Is there a C1 solution available?
How do people think the grade boundaries are gonna be? I reckon im gonna get about 60 marks tbh, just nervous i'm gonna get a B :frown:
Original post by Jake011268
How do people think the grade boundaries are gonna be? I reckon im gonna get about 60 marks tbh, just nervous i'm gonna get a B :frown:

Would say 58 as its inbetween the crazy last exams boundary of 54 and also aroundabout the normal average of 60- but a bit lower cus it was quite challenging

Personally I reckon I got around 57/58
Plus mate Im sure 60 would be a really high b anyways so longs as you did ok in your optional module you will be fine ( 60 is very likely to be an A)

My optional was decision and I reckon I got around 60/61 there
Maybe just have to accept the high B whereas im sure your in a better situation :smile:
Original post by KING2011BOB
Would say 58 as its inbetween the crazy last exams boundary of 54 and also aroundabout the normal average of 60- but a bit lower cus it was quite challenging

I did horrible in my option and im retaking it in Jan next year.

But yeah, i hope so! Good luck yourself :smile:

I did horrible in my option and im retaking it in Jan next year.

But yeah, i hope so! Good luck yourself :smile:

Thats a good plan actually might retake it myself if I don't get an A cus really for all the work I put in I should be getting an A tbh anything else would just put too much pressure on the already hard : C3 and C4 and M1 which I may do also

Thanks and good luck to you also
Son how are feeling about this exam overall? Especially with results next week !! D:
Reply 474
it was awful...though there have been really low boundaries before...june 2011 was low and our paper was harder than that one....it was 54 or something for an A...so theres hope...i agree with an earlier comment...M1 was amazing!!
Reply 475
Original post by kitkat19
it was awful...though there have been really low boundaries before...june 2011 was low and our paper was harder than that one....it was 54 or something for an A...so theres hope...i agree with an earlier comment...M1 was amazing!!

Thinking logically, and by the sounds of most of the posts in this thread, the boundaries should be less than or equal to 54.

If they aren't, then it's just complete bull****, really.
Reply 476
Original post by J10
Thinking logically, and by the sounds of most of the posts in this thread, the boundaries should be less than or equal to 54.

If they aren't, then it's just complete bull****, really.

hoping you're right
Original post by kitkat19
hoping you're right

Same here did you do statistics too?
Reply 478
Has anyone had a chance to look at the grade boundaries yet? It's 51 raw marks to get an A and 46 to get a B. I found it here: http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-GDE-BDY-JUNE-2012.PDF

It seems quite reasonable considering how hard the exam was. Now fingers crossed for tomorrow :crossedf: Good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 479
51 for an A!???

WOOO-HOOOOO.

Good luck all!

Quick Reply

Latest