The Student Room Group

changing firm choice?

is it possible to alter your firm choice at this stage? and if you do are you automatically entered into clearing? also, does anyone know how to access the list of courses which still have places available on ucas? thanks.
Reply 1
bump, i need to know this too!
Reply 2
bump:smile:
It's possible. You can do it through adjustment on UCAS.

http://www.ucas.com/students/nextsteps/adjustment/

Also, to see which courses are still available just go onto the course search on UCAS and pick courses starting in 2012. When you look at the different courses at the different unis, there's a key at the bottom. It explains that courses that still have spaces have an X next to them whereas the ones without spaces have a C next to them.
The deadline was yesterday to change any firm/insurance choices by probably every Uni around the country as they get our results either today/tomorrow.

Therefore, it seems your out of luck mate :frown:

You can always entering clearing come results day, clearing list will be published early hours 00:01am on the day of results 16th.
Reply 5
Original post by oElectronic
It's possible. You can do it through adjustment on UCAS.

http://www.ucas.com/students/nextsteps/adjustment/

Also, to see which courses are still available just go onto the course search on UCAS and pick courses starting in 2012. When you look at the different courses at the different unis, there's a key at the bottom. It explains that courses that still have spaces have an X next to them whereas the ones without spaces have a C next to them.

ok, thanks. one more query, with regards to the courses which still have vacancies, can i apply for a place or do i have to wait for clearing, seen as though i have already selected my five choices long ago?
Original post by ralph99
ok, thanks. one more query, with regards to the courses which still have vacancies, can i apply for a place or do i have to wait for clearing, seen as though i have already selected my five choices long ago?

Nope you have to wait after results day (16th August) to go into adjustment, which is the same day as clearing. But you can only go into adjustment if your firm choice was conditional and you exceeded its requirements.
Reply 7
Original post by oElectronic
Nope you have to wait after results day (16th August) to go into adjustment, which is the same day as clearing. But you can only go into adjustment if your firm choice was conditional and you exceeded its requirements.

ok, my first choice was 'conditional' and i more than met the entry requirements, so i should be fine on that score. if worst comes to worst and i really don't like my firm choice i suppose i could always do what i did last time i was at university, when i changed courses even after i'd started the original course. clearly, i am far too indecisive....
Reply 8
one final question, how do i enter 'adjustment'? do i have to notify ucas or the university themselves?
Original post by ralph99
one final question, how do i enter 'adjustment'? do i have to notify ucas or the university themselves?

If you exceed the conditions of your firm offer, a button will appear on Track. You then need to ring the Uni you want to go to and ask for a place. This will all happen on Thursday.
Reply 10
Original post by ralph99

once you get your results, you got to immediately ask for your firm to let you go, than you'll entered through clearing and given a number after which you can do clearing, got to call individual uni's your interested in.
Or if your grades are higher than your conditional, you can do adjustment
Reply 11
Original post by ralph99
is it possible to alter your firm choice at this stage? and if you do are you automatically entered into clearing? also, does anyone know how to access the list of courses which still have places available on ucas? thanks.
You need to read Changing your Mind.
Reply 12
Original post by Iqbal007
once you get your results, you got to immediately ask for your firm to let you go, than you'll entered through clearing and given a number after which you can do clearing, got to call individual uni's your interested in.
Or if your grades are higher than your conditional, you can do adjustment

i'm not waiting on results, so is there any way that i can contact them earlier?
Reply 13
Original post by ralph99
i'm not waiting on results, so is there any way that i can contact them earlier?

You can talk to them, but they can't give you a place, as it doesn't open up officially till the 16th, but you could get a word in before hand to let you go.
Reply 14
Original post by Iqbal007
You can talk to them, but they can't give you a place, as it doesn't open up officially till the 16th, but you could get a word in before hand to let you go.

ok, thanks for yours and everybody else's help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending