The Student Room Group

what will you miss most when you go to uni?

S'all in the title :smile: What are you leaving behind, what luxuries will your budget not allow for?

Just occurred to me when my mum came downstairs this morning and found me eating my coronation chicken and she said "you know I wont be able to post that to you when you're at uni, it'd go off" me- :eek: I'd like to think I could set aside £2 of my budget purely for coronation chicken spread but we all know we have to make sacrifices :frown:

On a lighter note as well, is there anything you wont miss? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If all goes to plan, I'll end up better off financially in uni than I am now. So in short, nothing!
Honestly probably my animals, my Xbox/gaming PC and my glorious double bed. I need my creature comforts X3

Parents? Pfft. What are those?

Edit: Negged? What for? Because I'm not so utterly dependent on my parents for everything?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Miss Trololol
my Xbox/gaming PC and my glorious double bed.

I'm brining my gaming desktop just for games & watching films and bought a seperate laptop for uni work (which can still run some games! :smile:) I will miss a double bed, but the accomodation I want will have them.

There is not a lot I will miss. I am giving up my RC model building as I won't be able to afford it, and selling a lot of my models off.

I definitely won't miss my family, I don't get on with them, and can't wait to get away from them.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Things I'll miss:
Well I'm going from a king size bed to a single! That for one! :'(

My mattress!

My 120Mb Internet to 4Mb which I can upgrade to 20Mb

I have a 42in tv on my wall - probs have a 28 at uni..

My home theatre speakers I have :frown:..
1000w system to a measly 150ish!

My home network! I admin that!

HD tv..

My Sheesha pipe

MY CAR!!!! Fml..

Gonna suck!! But... There's allot of opportunities at uni! More friends, more going out, more chilling, less nagging, freedom, you know what I mean! Hahaha!
My double duvet :smile:
Home friends and boyfriend
Sky plus
Having the use of a car
The bank of mum and dad :tongue:
Reply 6
What I missed most was the fridge magically restocking itself after a midnight smash-and-grab raid.
Reply 7
My surround sound system, I don't think flatmates will approve of me cranking the music up in the morning and dancing my in Pjs.

could be a useful icebreaker though
Reply 8
my car.. gaming pc (decided its too much of a hassle bringing components to the uk and rebuilding it there).. the greek weather and food.
Original post by grim_marmazet
I'm brining my gaming desktop just for games & watching films and bought a seperate laptop for uni work (which can still run some games! :smile:) I will miss a double bed, but the accomodation I want will have them.

I thought about bringing my PC but eventually thought better of it. It would probably just distract me too much (why hello there Skyrim) :biggrin: Plus, my halls room isn't exactly huge so the PC would take up valuable desk space. I'm just taking my laptop plus lots of art materials :3
Reply 10
Original post by grim_marmazet
I definitely won't miss my family, I don't get on with them, and can't wait to get away from them.

That's sad :frown: I'm going to really miss my family :frown:
My mum and my dog Umm all my books because I know I won't be able to take them all with me. My king-sized bed, gonna have to get used to sleeping in a single! I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be falling out of bed a lot. That's all I can think of really.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by druchavda
Things I'll miss:
Well I'm going from a king size bed to a single! That for one! :'(

My mattress!

My 120Mb Internet to 4Mb which I can upgrade to 20Mb

I have a 42in tv on my wall - probs have a 28 at uni..

My home theatre speakers I have :frown:..
1000w system to a measly 150ish!

My home network! I admin that!

HD tv..

My Sheesha pipe

MY CAR!!!! Fml..

Gonna suck!! But... There's allot of opportunities at uni! More friends, more going out, more chilling, less nagging, freedom, you know what I mean! Hahaha!

Jeeesus, who even needs 1000W?! Also consider yourself lucky to have 4Mb...my home's internet connection is SHOCKING; I'm lucky to get 2Mb :|

Also, I don't think being the "admin" of your home network is that big a deal :')
Probably my Dog
My dog :frown:
Reply 15
Ummm my friends back home. That's about it cannot wait to get away from my parents haha I love them but they drive me crazy :')

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I missed sharing cooking/cleaning duties with the family. We all take it in turns to do washing, ironing, cooking and cleaning, so having to suddenly do all of that made me appreciate my Mum a heck of a lot more.

I also missed my Dad's cooking. When I first moved into halls I could hardly cook, and this meant I ate rubbish because I was too lazy to learn. I'm pretty good now though, so if I had the experience again I would cope a lot better.
I will be taking everything in my room with me :biggrin: ... my room is very small so if it can fit in here it must fit in there :biggrin:. minus my tv :'(
Reply 18
When I go back I'll miss Sky television, my friends, delicious cooked meals and having my washing done for me.
Reply 19
Original post by Care-Free
S'all in the title :smile: What are you leaving behind, what luxuries will your budget not allow for?

Just occurred to me when my mum came downstairs this morning and found me eating my coronation chicken and she said "you know I wont be able to post that to you when you're at uni, it'd go off" me- :eek: I'd like to think I could set aside £2 of my budget purely for coronation chicken spread but we all know we have to make sacrifices :frown:

On a lighter note as well, is there anything you wont miss? :smile:

You'll miss the days when there's a teacher standing in front of you telling you what to study, how to study and how you're doing right now. At university, you'll have to become more independent - no one's going to tell you what to do or when to do it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending