The Student Room Group

Adjustment to the uni who rejected me before

So, here is my situation;

I applied to KCL and got rejected by them. They stated that I do satisfy their requirements but due to high competition they had to reject me. However I did very well in my exams and I was wondering if I could give it another try with KCL? I also exceeded my firm unconditional choice but so far my firm uni has already provided me with accommodation and CAS reference (I'm an international student) and if by any miracle I get an offer from KCL I feel so bad rejecting my firm choice. I'm an idiot for realizing an adjustment just now, but I thought it's still not too late to try anyway. So, should I try or just stick to my firm choice?

Thanks!
The worst they can say is no - ring them up in the morning :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
The worst they can say is no - ring them up in the morning :biggrin:

Exactly! Give them a call and see if they can do anything for you.

This was posted from my iPhone.
Original post by Ryonelle
So, here is my situation;

I applied to KCL and got rejected by them. They stated that I do satisfy their requirements but due to high competition they had to reject me. However I did very well in my exams and I was wondering if I could give it another try with KCL? I also exceeded my firm unconditional choice but so far my firm uni has already provided me with accommodation and CAS reference (I'm an international student) and if by any miracle I get an offer from KCL I feel so bad rejecting my firm choice. I'm an idiot for realizing an adjustment just now, but I thought it's still not too late to try anyway. So, should I try or just stick to my firm choice?

Thanks!

Was your firm an unconditional offer all along?
Reply 4
Original post by TheSownRose
Was your firm an unconditional offer all along?

No, they changed from conditional to unconditional when they received my results in June. Yeah, I know, it's August now, I feel so stupid for finding adjustment just now :frown:

I will call KCL tomorrow morning and see what they decide. Thank you
No, they changed from conditional to unconditional when they received my results in June. Yeah, I know, it's August now, I feel so stupid for finding adjustment just now :frown:

I will call KCL tomorrow morning and see what they decide. Thank you

No, it's just that you wouldn't be eligible for Adjustment if it had always been unconditional, but seeing as it hasn't you are and it's all good for you to ring them. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by TheSownRose
No, it's just that you wouldn't be eligible for Adjustment if it had always been unconditional, but seeing as it hasn't you are and it's all good for you to ring them. :smile:

Thank you!
Reply 7
One last question; When exactly can we use adjustment? Apart from the fact that we meet the firm offer and exceed it, it is the moment our firm choice turns unconditional firm? Like, if in my case it was in June, does it mean that since then I could use adjustment? Thank you!
One last question; When exactly can we use adjustment? Apart from the fact that we meet the firm offer and exceed it, it is the moment our firm choice turns unconditional firm? Like, if in my case it was in June, does it mean that since then I could use adjustment? Thank you!

From UCAS:

The Adjustment process is available from A level results day (16 August for 2012) until 31 August. Your individual Adjustment period starts on 16 August or when your conditional firm (CF) choice changes to unconditional firm (UF), whichever is later. From this time you have a maximum of five calendar days (five 24 hour periods, including Saturdays and Sundays) to register and secure an alternative course, if you decide this is what you want to do.

http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/nextsteps/adjustment/facts

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending