The Student Room Group

UCAS processing problems

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
i wonder what time they will start to update because I wont be able to sleep/rest until this is sorted out....so annoying most people i know have heard from their uni...and im tempted to phone constantly tomorrow morning
Reply 141
Feeling another sleepless night coming on, what with not hearing from my firm or insurance or anything changing on UCAS
Didn't expect today to be this stressful :redface:
Nothing will update or change now - you might as well try to sleep.

Write yourself out a nice long detailed to do list - it'll help you brain switch off because you wont have to remember what to do in the morning - and set your alarm:smile:

All the stress is exhausting and a bit of sleep will help keep you going tomorrow and stop you getting too down if there are any more setbacks :biggrin:
For reference, please see here: http://www.ucas.ac.uk/about_us/contact_us/make_complaint

anyone who has had stress and confusion or thinks they might miss a deadline for a clearing place I'd suggest making a formal complaint - if nothing else it might get you an official apology and might be incentive enough to help prevent similar problems happening next year.

This also goes for anyone who has been stuck on hold trying to get through on the phone: http://www.ucas.ac.uk/about_us/customerservice/customer_service
Original post by Illusionary
For reference, please see here: http://www.ucas.ac.uk/about_us/contact_us/make_complaint

anyone who has had stress and confusion or thinks they might miss a deadline for a clearing place I'd suggest making a formal complaint - if nothing else it might get you an official apology and might be incentive enough to help prevent similar problems happening next year.

This also goes for anyone who has been stuck on hold trying to get through on the phone: http://www.ucas.ac.uk/about_us/customerservice/customer_service

Good work.
Reply 145
Original post by PQ
Nothing will update or change now - you might as well try to sleep.

Write yourself out a nice long detailed to do list - it'll help you brain switch off because you wont have to remember what to do in the morning - and set your alarm:smile:

All the stress is exhausting and a bit of sleep will help keep you going tomorrow and stop you getting too down if there are any more setbacks :biggrin:

Lists <3 I have a plan of action in my mind - the fact that i'm taking a gap year is easing me slightly more too! Bit busy in the morning with a family member leaving after a weeks visit - I guess that gives the uni a chance to prepare themselves for my onslaught :wink:

Original post by Illusionary

Thanks for the link! Super usefull
Reply 146
I called up my uni for adjustment today and they said they would call me up by the end of the day if they had vacancies. I have still not heard from them. Is there still hope amongst these technical problems? :/
Hey, I didn't get the grades I needed and was really down about it but I've started looking at some colleges overseas that are taught in English and they are actually really good and wayyy more affordable on the tuition fees front. Loads of universities in Holland had good courses and so did some in Denmark and Norway. In the end I went for Griffith College in Dublin because it's closer to home and also their Law & Business course was right for me. I spoke to them today and applied online and it already looks promising cos they said my CCD grades were fine. Fingers crossed... such a stressful time!
Original post by pingpong7
I called up my uni for adjustment today and they said they would call me up by the end of the day if they had vacancies. I have still not heard from them. Is there still hope amongst these technical problems? :/

It's a bit late in the day now. Try phoning them up tomorrow morning again and see what they say.
Original post by PQ
There's not likely to be any changes til the morning now :smile:

Mine was updated at around 9:30pm :redface:
Reply 150
ok so the UCAS track has not been working properly today. It will probably be working tomorrow and be updated tomorrow.

The front page of my ucas track will change from what it is now ("you have accepted an offer") when I get accepted or rejected

The conditional offer will change to unconditional on ucas track if I am accepted. If not it will say something about being rejected

I have an unconditional offer as my insurance. So if I do not get into the conditional offer, I will then go to the insurance university.

Is this all correct? Also once something has happened do I have to do anything else? or just wait for emails or letters from the university?
Original post by TimHuak
ok so the UCAS track has not been working properly today. It will probably be working tomorrow and be updated tomorrow.

The front page of my ucas track will change from what it is now ("you have accepted an offer") when I get accepted or rejected

The conditional offer will change to unconditional on ucas track if I am accepted. If not it will say something about being rejected

I have an unconditional offer as my insurance. So if I do not get into the conditional offer, I will then go to the insurance university.

Is this all correct? Also once something has happened do I have to do anything else? or just wait for emails or letters from the university?

It is not definite that it will update tomorrow. In which case you need to phone your conditional firm university and ask them if they've made a decision yet and if not, when they expect to make a decision by. Everything else you've said is correct if it updated.

You don't need to do anything if you're firm turns to unconditional or if your firm turns to unsuccessful and your insurance remains unconditional. Then you'll get your AS12 letter through from UCAS confirming your place and should hear from the relevant uni in due course.
Reply 152
Oh no! I just missed my Cambridge offer but Track has said Unconditional all day. I didn't contact them because I was told not to if Track says Unconditional. Was it a glitch? Have I got in? :frown:
Original post by a.byrnie
Oh no! I just missed my Cambridge offer but Track has said Unconditional all day. I didn't contact them because I was told not to if Track says Unconditional. Was it a glitch? Have I got in? :frown:

Yep, congrats :yep: Unconditional means either you met the offer or they accepted you even though you missed the offer.

Hm, what do you mean? Have you got your grades? Did track say unconditional when you logged in first thing this morning (at what time)? What does it say now? Have you received any emails from UCAS/Cambridge?
Reply 155
Original post by Ecosse_14
Hm, what do you mean? Have you got your grades? Did track say unconditional when you logged in first thing this morning (at what time)? What does it say now? Have you received any emails from UCAS/Cambridge?

My offer was A*AA. I logged in at around 7:30am and Track said "Congratulations! Your place at University of Cambridge (C05) to study Law (M100) has been confirmed." I picked up my results at 9am and found that I'd actually achieved A*AB at which point I checked Track again and it still said "Congratulations!". I took that to mean that I'd been accepted anyway (maybe because I applied through CSAS). I also got the confirmation email at 8:23am. Checking now, it still says "Congratulations!". Reading that Track has been glitchy just turned my disbelief into panic!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 156
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Yep, congrats :yep: Unconditional means either you met the offer or they accepted you even though you missed the offer.

Phew! That's reassuring, thank you!
My offer was A*AA. I logged in at around 7:30am and Track said "Congratulations! Your place at University of Cambridge (C05) to study Law (M100) has been confirmed." I picked up my results and found that I'd actually achieved A*AB at which point I checked Track again and it still said "Congratulations!" which I took to mean that I'd been accepted anyway (maybe because I applied through CSAS). I also got the confirmation email at 8:23am. Checking now, it still says "Congratulations!" Reading that Track has been glitchy turned my disbelief into panic!

Nice one! Congratulations!

Great feeling eh?
My offer was A*AA. I logged in at around 7:30am and Track said "Congratulations! Your place at University of Cambridge (C05) to study Law (M100) has been confirmed." I picked up my results at 9am and found that I'd actually achieved A*AB at which point I checked Track again and it still said "Congratulations!". I took that to mean that I'd been accepted anyway (maybe because I applied through CSAS). I also got the confirmation email at 8:23am. Checking now, it still says "Congratulations!". Reading that Track has been glitchy just turned my disbelief into panic!

Oh, okay. I misunderstood what you were saying, sorry :colondollar:

Congratulations! :biggrin:
Reply 159
Original post by Plato's Trousers
Nice one! Congratulations!

Great feeling eh?

Which feeling? :tongue: In the course of today I've experienced stress, relief and joy, mild disappointment, overwhelming excitement, panic and relief again. Only a few of those were great! :tongue:

Original post by Ecosse_14
Oh, okay. I misunderstood what you were saying, sorry :colondollar:

Congratulations! :biggrin:

Thank you! :redface:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending