Scroll to see replies

Parham Road Student Village anyone?
OR
Anyone studying politics??
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
I haven't got my accommodation yet how long did everyone wait to get allocated ?
Reply 502
I got horrendous A level grades yesterday but managed to get offered a place in the Biosciences foundation course through clearing. Hopefully there will still be some accommodation available by the time I'm able to apply for it!
Reply 503
Hey,
got my place at Canterbury christ church and offered student accommodation at Parham road
anyone visited the accommodation at Hamill terrace? If so whats it like?
Original post by SJD1988
I have, got them a couple days ago. 17 Freeman, third floor.
I sent an email to there accomodation team, and a day later got a offer.

Iv done the same, called and emailed and they still havent sent me anything, and I have unconditional offer, I done my A levels like 2 years ago, well annoying, ahhh well hope its soon! I bloody applied for Accom back in April, when did you applly x
Reply 505
Applied first day it opened back in April. Not sure what to suggest really, just keep on top of them. Pretty sure a offer will come through shortly, there meant to ensure 1st years who are firmers get acommodation. Out of interest what accomodation did you apply for ?
Reply 506
Original post by H A M I D
I got horrendous A level grades yesterday but managed to get offered a place in the Biosciences foundation course through clearing. Hopefully there will still be some accommodation available by the time I'm able to apply for it!

I got horrible results as well from one subject. I live close so I went straight there as the clearing phone line was so hard to even get on the waiting list and got in thankfully, after waiting for someone to tell me and a friend who was going through on clearing also. well done for getting your place. I also hope you can get accommodation :smile:
Reply 507
Original post by danniiii
I got horrible results as well from one subject. I live close so I went straight there as the clearing phone line was so hard to even get on the waiting list and got in thankfully, after waiting for someone to tell me and a friend who was going through on clearing also. well done for getting your place. I also hope you can get accommodation :smile:

That was lucky, congratulations! What course are you taking? I made a list of 6 unis for clearing and tried to get through to them for hours. Canterbury was the first one i managed to contact because they were the only ones to have a queue system. After being on hold for about 25 minutes a woman took my details and got back to me later the same day before i had even talked to all of the other unis. I really liked the look of Canterbury though so it was a rapid acceptance :smile:. Will you be living at home or looking for accommodation on site? Thanks.
Hey,
Just got an offer in clearing for the Biosciences course but now can't decide if I want to leave home or not >.<
Reply 509
http://www.facebook.com/groups/110867279060809/

For all those who are going to be living at St Georges, here is a facebook group someone made.
Reply 510
I'm gonna be at St George's, worked out that if I tried to live by loans and grants alone I will be left with £11.91 for the whole year. Hahaha, I'm gonna get skinny from lack of food. But thanks Karism for putting that group up!
Reply 511
I'm gonna be at St George's, worked out that if I tried to live by loans and grants alone I will be left with £11.91 for the whole year. Hahaha, I'm gonna get skinny from lack of food. But thanks Karism for putting that group up!
Original post by SJD1988
Applied first day it opened back in April. Not sure what to suggest really, just keep on top of them. Pretty sure a offer will come through shortly, there meant to ensure 1st years who are firmers get acommodation. Out of interest what accomodation did you apply for ?

I applied for Parham road village, ensuite rooms 1st and 2nd choice then normal rooms after that. How about you :smile: and yeah I will, its just annoying cause its like well why havent I recieved information yet lol x
Reply 513
Original post by H A M I D
That was lucky, congratulations! What course are you taking? I made a list of 6 unis for clearing and tried to get through to them for hours. Canterbury was the first one i managed to contact because they were the only ones to have a queue system. After being on hold for about 25 minutes a woman took my details and got back to me later the same day before i had even talked to all of the other unis. I really liked the look of Canterbury though so it was a rapid acceptance :smile:. Will you be living at home or looking for accommodation on site? Thanks.

Thanks was so glad I wasn't to sure on going too far away. I'm studying education studies. Yeah the lines were bust but the queue thing was good there was not many people at the uni when I went so we were told we were accepted in under an hour. Yes it is a nice place. I'll be living at home to save a bit of cost.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by bemydetonator
I haven't got my accommodation yet how long did everyone wait to get allocated ?

i applied as soon as it opened, like the week it opened and it was first come first serve with the allocation. but im guessing they are still giving them out as i still havent heard.
just want to know where im going to be living!!

im going to be studying geography, is anyone else?! :smile:
Reply 515
Original post by beccaaalice
i applied as soon as it opened, like the week it opened and it was first come first serve with the allocation. but im guessing they are still giving them out as i still havent heard.
just want to know where im going to be living!!

im going to be studying geography, is anyone else?! :smile:

They say it was first come first served but I applied on the day it opened and then realise the prices of st George's so cancelled and did a new application weeks later... But I already have my accommodation sorted and paid for, I thought I was late doing it!
I hope you get yours soon! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by alexiaantoniou
Parham Road Student Village anyone?
OR
Anyone studying politics??

I'm at Parham Road! Number 20, second floor, room 2. Where are you? I'm doing childrens nursing, less than 3 weeks until I move - yay! x
Reply 517
I didn't realise you had to arrange to pay for the accommodation straight away :frown: So I'm going to have to accept AND arrange payments for a room that's too expensive. I phoned the izone and they said to accept it anyway, then email the university to ask about moving to another room, changing payment amounts and stuff is no doubt going to be a lot of hassle :frown: On top of that, I'm going to have to change to a different card (I'm not paying the £100 administration fee myself) between now and when I start, blah.
Just got my offer for city halls :smile:
Pretty excited!
how long do you think they'll take to respond to the accommodation applications ?

Quick Reply

Latest