The Student Room Group

Why isn't any Universities accepting grades which are below their own requirements?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by carnationlilyrose
No prob. Hope it works out for you.:smile:

spent 8 minutes on the phone to Ucas and the man basically told me he could see exactly where I was coming from etc but that they couldn't really do much since it was up to the university. He advised me to ring them up again and explain that it was urgent and I needed an answer. however, when i ring up QUB the people at the help desk know absolutely nothing about the admissions process and just tell me to be patient. To top it off accommodation allocations are starting today!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by spatterson9
spent 8 minutes on the phone to Ucas and the man basically told me he could see exactly where I was coming from etc but that they couldn't really do much since it was up to the university. He advised me to ring them up again and explain that it was urgent and I needed an answer. however, when i ring up QUB the people at the help desk know absolutely nothing about the admissions process and just tell me to be patient. To top it off accommodation allocations are starting today!

Dear oh dear. It's a mess. I suggest asking PQ or Potally_Tissed or any of the other Clearing mods, because they are better versed in the Ucas regs than I am, but I think the Ucas people can do better than that. Have a chat with a mod about the next step.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Dear oh dear. It's a mess. I suggest asking PQ or Potally_Tissed or any of the other Clearing mods, because they are better versed in the Ucas regs than I am, but I think the Ucas people can do better than that. Have a chat with a mod about the next step.

worse thing about it is, the man on the phone contacted the supervisor TWICE! i will ask them, thanks!
I'm also going to ring up QUB on monday again.:smile:
Reply 43
QUB will look at its position on applicants still in the mix on Sunday morning. What course are you trying to get in for and with what grades?
Original post by BelfastLaw
QUB will look at its position on applicants still in the mix on Sunday morning. What course are you trying to get in for and with what grades?

I'm trying to get into Biological Science with
three A2's in biology, accounting and english
B1 - geography
B3 chemistry
C1- Maths

These are all higher level! the requirements were four B2's and two C's with two of the B2's to be in bio and chem. so I literally just missed out!
Reply 45
I got BBC( 5 ums of BBB thats 2 marks my luck is so bad :frown:) and some BBB uni's say they will get back to me none have atm. I really just want to get into a biochemical-ish course, at a uni I kinda like.
Reply 46
Original post by karchun
Aren't they going to get to a point where no more students have attained such grades and all they are left with is people like me eg. ABC,ABB,ACC(me),BCC,BBB etc.

There's a waiting list for those with BBB/ABC, as long as you have B in chemistry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending