The Student Room Group

In without the grades

Scroll to see replies

Tried to get into a course at uni with BBE through clearing, eventhough requirements were BBC and they refused.

I guess everyone arent as lucky :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 21
I got to Southampton with BBD when I needed AAB. I thought it was a mistake and called them up! :eek:
Reply 22
I got into Keele to do Biology and American Studies on BCD (and a B in general studies) when my offer was BBB.
well if you were an international student then this is not an alien thing.Cause they pay much higher fee then the rest and universities are actually fishing for them quiet dearly.Dont know about any such cases for local UK student.
Reply 24
got into Royal holloway with A*BC , they generally ask AAB. SO LUCKY:smile:
Reply 25
mother_of_god_Half_Life_2_Lamp-s233x249-341301-580.jpg
I need some of that there luck.

Got BBC trying to find A biology/chemistry based course in a somewhat close university around a 100mile radius tried brighton, aston, kent, herts(keep saying they want AAB for everything), I dont want to go QMU(wana move out but cant really be fussy now can I?) but they are the only to have phoned me back sadly I missed the phone so I will have to wait more.

Stupid clearing keep taking my details and not replieing. Most uni's like UWE, Bham and Herts just give an outright NO.

Its so sad cause with me...

funny-legend-wait-for-it-dary.jpg

... science.

my grades are just bad luck 5 ums of B in maths and an E in a heavily cheated practical(Inflated grade boundaries) that I was the scapegoat for pulled my bio to a B i Had A's in units.

Sometimes I just wana quit but then I chin up and hope for the best cause I cant be asked to resit flawed examinations that test nothing but not making silly mistakes

/Post
(edited 11 years ago)
I went through clearing to Newcastle Uni and they accepted me for computer science where they ask for AAB/ABB/AAC and I got ACD :eek:
(edited 11 years ago)
notice that these are all english unis... meanwhile, in Ni we've a different story! :frown:
I needed ABB for my course and got ACC, but I didn't even have to wait for a reply, as soon as I logged onto track at 8am, I found I'd been accepted.
I put it down to good luck and fewer applicants than last year.
Reply 29
I got into my firm with A*AB(+A* EPQ) despite my offer being A*AA.
My offer for physics at Warwick was AAA and I got in with AAB.

I think this was because my B was in philosophy (not physics or maths) and the B was only 1 UMS off the A.
I find it depends on the uni.

My best friend didn't get into her firm which asked for ABB because she got ABC.
However, me and my boyfriend both got into our firms with BBC when we were both asked for BBB.
Reply 32
Im in clearing of no fault of my own. I got BBC to get into leeds uni but they deffered my entry to 2013 and still dont know if they are going to do the course. So just going to do either Human biology, Physiology, Biology or biomedical science through clearing tomorrow morning. i got BBC so didnt bother ringing russel group uni's and BBB and above because i was under the ussumption it would be a resounding no! but obvss im wrong if they are excepting lower grades than me for ABB courses! so hopefully i will get something. And if anyone has already got a place on a similar degree through clearing with similar grades please let me know.

I will keep u guys posted.! OHH and entrance grades for most degrees are going up next year! some of the unis that were BBB this year are now ABB!
Reply 33
Got into my firm with lower grades than needed! Offer was ABB but i got BBB. Thanking God so much!! Alhamdullilah.
Reply 34
I know someone who got AAA but needed A*AA for Chem at Imperial. They still let him in.
On the morning of results day i looked at my results and cried , i really thought i wouldnt be accepted because from what I'd heard the uni i applied to were quite strict on people getting their entry requirments , i rang the uni to see if there was anything i could do to be accepted and they told me I had been accepted. when i checked ucas they supported it too !!! I'm just so grateful I got into my first choice !! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 36
My brother needed AAB to get in to Nottingham Trent and AAB to get in to Newcastle (to study law) and he got AAD
He was pretty depressed for a few hours until Nottingham Trent called to tell him they would have him anyway.
now i get to move in to his (old) room, so overall it worked out well for everyone.
Reply 37
Original post by Naami
I know someone who got AAA but needed A*AA for Chem at Imperial. They still let him in.

Ah, same for me, only difference is the course itself.

Was wondering if there were many other Imperial people in that boat :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by Issy123
Got into my firm with lower grades than needed! Offer was ABB but i got BBB. Thanking God so much!! Alhamdullilah.

what uni
Reply 39
Friend missed firm + insurance. Got in Birmingham (-not- city) for Law with BBC (no LNAT). They require AAA + LNAT. Go figure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending