The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Freshers Autumn 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by justn1c2
Hi! Im Nic, I applied for York through adjustment to study Biotechnology and microbiology. Will be accepting my offer on Monday :smile:

Anyone know what colleges will be available to apply for? I presume lots will be full already from original applicants.

Students who have only just had their offers changed to Unconditional apply for accommodation on the 22nd.

So most of us will apply on the 22nd and all colleges should be available. :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 61
Original post by Holby_fanatic
Students who have only just had their offers changed to Unconditional apply for accommodation on the 22nd.

So most of us will apply on the 22nd and all colleges should be available. :smile:

Oh thats cool, i like the look of Goodricke College even though its off campus :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by MPN
Hi! We will be doing the same course :smile: Finally found sb doing Biotech.

About accommodation, there should still be a full range of rooms available in every college for A-levels applicants. Good luck with that!

Woo a friend! :P What college have you or will you be applying for?
Reply 63
Woo a friend! :P What college have you or will you be applying for?

I got a room in Vanbrugh. Good luck with getting yours!^^
Reply 64
Hi! Im Nic, I applied for York through adjustment to study Biotechnology and microbiology. Will be accepting my offer on Monday :smile:

Anyone know what colleges will be available to apply for? I presume lots will be full already from original applicants.

:hi: I'm guessing you did better than expected then? :smile:

Other than people who received results earlier in the year/month (such as Scottish AH students) no one has applied for accommodation yet. All firmers will receive an application email on the 22nd August and people who had York as their insurance or have got in through clearing/adjustment will receive one on the 23rd. What time you receive the email determines how much choice you will have, although some of all the different types/price ranges will be held back to give people as much choice as possible. :smile:
Reply 65
Original post by PatrickD
:hi: I'm guessing you did better than expected then? :smile:

Other than people who received results earlier in the year/month (such as Scottish AH students) no one has applied for accommodation yet. All firmers will receive an application email on the 22nd August and people who had York as their insurance or have got in through clearing/adjustment will receive one on the 23rd. What time you receive the email determines how much choice you will have, although some of all the different types/price ranges will be held back to give people as much choice as possible. :smile:

Yes i did :smile:
Oh wow that sounds like a really fair system! Although it sounds like the accommodation office will have there work cut out for them in the near future!

Where do you plan to apply?
Hi I'm Sam.. Going to be studying medicine :biggrin:
Original post by AmbitiousMedic

And the jealousy begins. :wink:
Congratulations on getting the grades to get into medical school! :biggrin:
Reply 68
Yes i did :smile:
Oh wow that sounds like a really fair system! Although it sounds like the accommodation office will have there work cut out for them in the near future!

Where do you plan to apply?

Well in that case, well done! :biggrin:

Yeah it seems a bit fairer and makes more sense as it means only people who are definitely going to York apply for it. I think they had lots of problems with the system last year so they've changed it slightly based on student feedback. Hopefully everyone gets the accommodation they want or at least something similar. :smile:

I'm planning on applying to Derwent, purely because it's some of the oldest and therefore the cheapest accommodation. I'll have to see what the system throws up though as I'm not sure what will even be available!

What about you? :smile:
And the jealousy begins. :wink:
Congratulations on getting the grades to get into medical school! :biggrin:

Oh no that wasn't the intention at all :tongue: Thank you, what are you going to be studying at York? :biggrin:
Reply 70
Original post by PatrickD
Well in that case, well done! :biggrin:

Yeah it seems a bit fairer and makes more sense as it means only people who are definitely going to York apply for it. I think they had lots of problems with the system last year so they've changed it slightly based on student feedback. Hopefully everyone gets the accommodation they want or at least something similar. :smile:

I'm planning on applying to Derwent, purely because it's some of the oldest and therefore the cheapest accommodation. I'll have to see what the system throws up though as I'm not sure what will even be available!

What about you? :smile:

Well its good that they listen to there students! I honestly cant decide what college i would like to apply for. The money saving option is tempting, but i'm not sure how bad the older accommodation is.

Have you visited and seen the blocks in Derwent?
I'm Louise and I'm gonna be doing genetics! I can't wait to go now- October seems a lifetime away!
Oh no that wasn't the intention at all :tongue: Thank you, what are you going to be studying at York? :biggrin:

I'll be studying Biological and Medicinal Chemistry. :biggrin:
What accommodation are you thinking of going for? :smile:
Hello everyone, im studying history and politics this year. It should be REALLY lush! hope to see you all around. Lets hope people dont get all shy and awkward irl on freshers lol
Reply 74

We've got a brain box in the house! :biggrin:
Original post by sophie--liz
Hi, I'm Sophie and I'll be studying English Lit :smile:

Hi Sophie, I'm Jess and I'll be studying English lit too! :smile:
I'll be studying Biological and Medicinal Chemistry. :biggrin:
What accommodation are you thinking of going for? :smile:

Sounds fun, well done on making your offer :biggrin:

I'm thinking of Alcuin at the moment purely because I would love to stroll into the medical school in 5 minutes from my room :tongue: How about yourself?
Original post by 9855010

Haha I'm really not, but thanks I suppose :wink: What are you going to be studying? :biggrin:
Reply 78
Well its good that they listen to there students! I honestly cant decide what college i would like to apply for. The money saving option is tempting, but i'm not sure how bad the older accommodation is.

Have you visited and seen the blocks in Derwent?

Definitely! Yeah it's tough to decide and I need to look at all the colleges a bit more closely before Wednesday. :smile:

Nope. I saw some accommodation on an open day I went to but it was obviously some of the nicer, more modern accommodation. I'm not even sure what college it was. Possibly James...?

Original post by 9855010

Says the theoretical physicist! :tongue:
Reply 79

Can I ask, how exactly does the HYMS application process work? Did you have any say in whether you ended up in Hull or York?

Well done on getting in by the way. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest