The Student Room Group

What's the worst thing that's ever happened to you in an exam?

Scroll to see replies

Either: 1) Realising that there was a question on the back of my maths exam - total fail. OR
2) Nose running because of hay fever but had no tissue (sorry for the imagery) so I had to sniff constantly.

But, haha, one of the people in my Mandarin Chinese class did the chinese reading exam paper and 10 minutes before the end of the exam, he realised he had been doing the wrong section (Traditional Chinese instead of Mandarin). Can't have imagined the stress he must've felt :giggle:
Reply 1141
Almost started writing the lyrics of a song I was thinking of during Biology.
Wiping my nose for 30 minutes...Ended up with many drenched tissues and a couple of drenched sleeves...Hayfever is very unkind D:
Reply 1143
removed
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by alizasauras
In History I think they actually ran out of spare paper, I think everyone used at least 2 extra sheets.

Oh in my biology exam last year my friend (who sits in front of me) put her hand up, an examiner came and spoke to her, she stood up and then just kinda collapsed!

Shufled to the front of the hall and sank into a chair and the office medic came and took her away..

She had to retake the exam this year

I think I hold the record in my school for using 8pieces of extra paper in english haha :smile:

This was posted from TheLightbulbKid - voicing an opinion and attempting to give advice :smile: on the iPad/iPod app
I'm terribly bad at stats - most of my stats exams are done by guessing and hoping that my answers match the answer key...

It's horrible when you walk into a stats exam and realise that you literally don't know any of it. When the numbers start to swim in front of your eyes and the only thing you can do is hope for the best and tick the box you think it could be, avoiding any obvious patterns. Panic attack imminent.
Really needing to pee when you're running out of time :frown:
Reply 1147
Having a girl sat behind you, Poking me in the back every 5 mins!!!
Wasnt me but my friend had eaten a rather dicey kebab a couple of hours before the exam which unfortunately had the undesired side effect of making her chunder all over her exam paper :rolleyes:, thankfully though it was just an end of term exam so no real harm done :tongue:
Having a coughing fit throughout my entire English Literature exam, accompanied by some backing vocals from my extremely hungry, growling stomach. I literally spent more time trying to keep both quiet than actually doing the paper! Worst exam ever.
Reply 1150
This thread hasn't half made me chuckle :biggrin:

Not strictly speaking in the exam, but last year my friend and I turned up to completely the wrong room for one of our Classics papers. We were running late as it was, so walked straight into the hall and, apparently unperturbed by the fact it was entirely full of Year 11s (:facepalm:) started weaving through the rows attempting to find our seats. Needless to say we were swiftly removed by the invigilators and, by the time we'd worked out where we were meant to be and made it there, got to do the walk of shame a good 15 minutes in to the actual exam :colondollar: Believe it or not we both made it out with As, and it taught us to be a lot more thorough in checking our exam timetables in future!

Another one that pretty much everyone in our school has heard about was in our English GCSE. One of the sources we needed to answer on was a leaflet of about 2 or 3 pages, however several people just saw the front page of the leaflet and assumed it was a poster, not realising it continued over the page. I didn't get caught out by it personally, but a girl a few seats back from me did, and, realising her mistake about 10 minutes from the end, loudly shouted "Oh ****" in the otherwise silent exam hall. There was no chance of keeping us quiet after that one!
Original post by kimja
This thread hasn't half made me chuckle :biggrin:

Not strictly speaking in the exam, but last year my friend and I turned up to completely the wrong room for one of our Classics papers. We were running late as it was, so walked straight into the hall and, apparently unperturbed by the fact it was entirely full of Year 11s (:facepalm:) started weaving through the rows attempting to find our seats. Needless to say we were swiftly removed by the invigilators and, by the time we'd worked out where we were meant to be and made it there, got to do the walk of shame a good 15 minutes in to the actual exam :colondollar: Believe it or not we both made it out with As, and it taught us to be a lot more thorough in checking our exam timetables in future!

Another one that pretty much everyone in our school has heard about was in our English GCSE. One of the sources we needed to answer on was a leaflet of about 2 or 3 pages, however several people just saw the front page of the leaflet and assumed it was a poster, not realising it continued over the page. I didn't get caught out by it personally, but a girl a few seats back from me did, and, realising her mistake about 10 minutes from the end, loudly shouted "Oh ****" in the otherwise silent exam hall. There was no chance of keeping us quiet after that one!

When your in Year 11,do the school give out a special exam timetable,with the rooms your meant to be in?because in Year 9 and 10 all I got was just the exam times and dates and the exam times were sometimes wrong.
Original post by Dalek1099
When your in Year 11,do the school give out a special exam timetable,with the rooms your meant to be in?because in Year 9 and 10 all I got was just the exam times and dates and the exam times were sometimes wrong.

All of my exam timetables since Year 9 had everything, including the room and correct exam time.
Reply 1153
Original post by Dalek1099

Ours always had the rooms on as far as I can remember :confused:
The person sat at the desk next to me had a massive nosebleed. Nosebleeds make me faint so I spent the majority of the exam with my head on the desk. Not good.
The person behind me kept sniffing and coughing. And then in my German exam I had a mini heart attack when I saw the stuff in German, forgetting I was in a German exam -_-

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1156
For me, it was asking for extra paper in an economics exam for a long essay question, and instead of writing the actual question number (which was 7), I put the question number down as 18, probably because that's how many marks that question was.

I only realised when I handed my paper in, and couldn't stop thinking about it all summer. Luckily things turned out alright! (I got full ums in that exam!)
Reply 1157
Spending way too long on some questions in my physics GCSE paper so end up not answering all of the questions. I cried so hard... I still do thinking about my results that are coming on Thursday!
Original post by kimja
Ours always had the rooms on as far as I can remember :confused:

They only have them on the school website as far as I know.
Original post by andrew6544
in my German exam I had a mini heart attack when I saw the stuff in German, forgetting I was in a German exam -_-

:rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest