The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds Accommodation 2012 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by morganite1
Hey, well I guess we're neighbours haha! What're you studying?
Probably going to take most of my stuff on the 12th to get it out of the way (I only live in Liverpool so the journey's not too bad!), then go home and return with any extra bits that I forgot or didn't realise I needed on Saturday :smile:

I think I may do something similar 12/13th to drop stuff off but I have to drive myself there and back from Manchester :frown: (don't fancy carrying all my rubbish on the train)

do you have facebook/twitter/skype? would be nice to get to know someone at least a little bit before I go xD

oh and I'm studying aeronautical and aerospace engineering , how about you? :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by jb1206
History :smile: do you know when you're gonna move in yet?

Most likely on Saturday 15th, both my parents have got off work to help me move in, but it's not too bad as I only live about 30 minutes away! What about you?
Original post by Jippet
I'll be moving in on Wednesday 12th so before freshers but there are still events and I want to familiar myself with the city :smile: so excited!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC One X

oh brilliant! The 12th is ideal :biggrin: how scary though! What are the dates though that you can move in like earliest to latest?
Reply 1923
Original post by brigittesniper
I'm sure I saw someone in the Henry Price thread want Montague Burton...

I think that was me asking if someone wanted a place in Montague Burton because I cant seem to find anyone on that threat wanting to swap :frown: Thank you for your help though :smile:
Original post by Markholme
I think I may do something similar 12/13th to drop stuff off but I have to drive myself there and back from Manchester :frown: (don't fancy carrying all my rubbish on the train)

do you have facebook/twitter/skype? would be nice to get to know someone at least a little bit before I go xD

oh and I'm studying aeronautical and aerospace engineering , how about you? :smile:

Omg that sucks, having to drive yourself there :frown: and yeah i do, my twitter is @KatBradley2 and if you want i'll dm you my fb there? And yeah i agree, i don't wanna get there not knowing anyone haha :P
I'm doing Classical Civilisation, but it's so weird because my boyfriends doing the exact same course as you at Sheffield! Small world, huh?
Original post by jb1206
In Block A, 2.32 anyone near me? :biggrin:

I'm in Block A but floor 3 flat 2:smile:
Reply 1926
Original post by jamesmiley73
I'm in E1.15 anyone similar?
Can't wait to get there!

Well I'm in E1.31 I think so kinda similar :biggrin: Whatcha studying?
Long shot but if anyone allocated henry price would like to save an astonishing £20~ a week by swapping for Lupton then let me know!
Reply 1928
Original post by IngensPolyspaston
Is it me or have most Tannery applicants so far been allocated block C?

I feel like I'm on my own in Block A :frown:

I'm in block A :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300
Reply 1929
Original post by TheBigJosh
Hi everyone!
So when can we move in then? When does Freshers start? And when does the actual course start? Lots of questions haha - thanks :smile:

Hey freshers starts 17th so people moving in on Saturday 15th :smile: think most courses start end of sept :smile: mine does anyway. What accommodation you in?x

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by GabbiWS
I'm in block A :smile:

Woo, thats a relief :smile: What room have you got?
I'm in block B, room B3.25, anyone else nearby? :smile:
Reply 1932
Original post by MDPearson
His name's Ricky, he's a Politics student. Ah cool you're in the flat next to mine then! Studying Law and French myself, how about you?

Oh you're a bright one :smile: Yeh thats cool, look forward to meeting you! I'm doing Criminal Justice and Criminology at the uni X
Reply 1933
Original post by IngensPolyspaston
Woo, thats a relief :smile: What room have you got?

Ive saw a few people unconditional in A when i got my offer :smile: 812A you?

Reply 1934
oh brilliant! The 12th is ideal :biggrin: how scary though! What are the dates though that you can move in like earliest to latest?

I'm 99% sure that for self catered the earliest you can move in is the 12th at 2pm and I guess the latest you can move in is when your course starts but you wouldn't have any friends so I wouldn't do that haha. I think a lot of people move in between the 12th and the 15th so I'm hoping I'm not the only one in my flat when I get there haha

Hey everyone! :smile:

Would anyone offered Central Village or Storm Jameson want to swap for Charles Morris Dobree, room 610?

I'm studying Fashion Design btw.. anyone else here doing that?
Original post by Ksmall4
Hey freshers starts 17th so people moving in on Saturday 15th :smile: think most courses start end of sept :smile: mine does anyway. What accommodation you in?x

Ah brilliant! Can't wait now :smile: I haven't got any information yet, don't know where I am... I applied to Ellerslie Global Hall but I've not heard back yet! To be honest I'd rather be in Charles Morris :biggrin:
What about you?x
Original post by GabbiWS
Ive saw a few people unconditional in A when i got my offer :smile: 812A you?

Ahh thats good, was beginning to think I was being placed in isolation is block A! :wink:

Wow, that must be on the 8th floor then? :O must be a tall building.. I'm on 118 B. Have you been to the accommodation? I don't get the A and B thing or what separates the 4 blocks :s-smilie:
Reply 1938
Ah brilliant! Can't wait now :smile: I haven't got any information yet, don't know where I am... I applied to Ellerslie Global Hall but I've not heard back yet! To be honest I'd rather be in Charles Morris :biggrin:
What about you?x

Ah! I only heard today. I am in central village :smile: my contract starts on 8th! Haha not going then though. What course you doing?x

Original post by Jippet
I'm 99% sure that for self catered the earliest you can move in is the 12th at 2pm and I guess the latest you can move in is when your course starts but you wouldn't have any friends so I wouldn't do that haha. I think a lot of people move in between the 12th and the 15th so I'm hoping I'm not the only one in my flat when I get there haha

Haha yeah bad idea! 15th sounds ideal really :smile: i'm going catered tbh, I can't be arsed to cook! I applied to Ellerslie Hall but I don't want to go there now :/
don't suppose you know if you can decline your accommodation choice and ask for another can you? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest