The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow Accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joneasy
I applied for accomodation back in april or something, turned to unconditional after results, still no word regarding accommodation, is this normal?

I applied around then too and only changed to unconditional on Thursday. Got my accommodation offer last night at about 8pm so you shouldn't have long to wait! Where are you hoping to get in? :smile:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by JJTEASE
Murano street large :smile: Moving about 300 miles north and absolutely ******* myself :colondollar:

Hey its the same for me moving 300ish miles north and in Murano Large and ******* myself. Excited too though. Where abouts you moving from??
So is everyone moving in on the 7th/8th?
Original post by la-penseur

I think most med students have to be up a couple of days before that.
Reply 1484

I'm moving on the 2nd, there's the international orientation programme...
(edited 11 years ago)

Think so. Does anyone know how the rooms are allocated?
Reply 1486
Original post by Ju_Dragonslayer
Hey its the same for me moving 300ish miles north and in Murano Large and ******* myself. Excited too though. Where abouts you moving from??

Haha I'm pegging it but looking forward to it at the same time :smile: Glad it's a large flat, hopefully most of them up for the parties :biggrin: Moving from Oxford!! You??
Reply 1487
Original post by meganharcus
I applied around then too and only changed to unconditional on Thursday. Got my accommodation offer last night at about 8pm so you shouldn't have long to wait! Where are you hoping to get in? :smile:

Cheers :smile: Murano large hopefully! yourself
Reply 1488
Original post by pietro93
I'm moving on the 2nd, there's the international orientation programme...

hey
have u already received yr pre-term accommodation booking??
Reply 1489
Original post by meghaklr
hey
have u already received yr pre-term accommodation booking??

I applied for pre-term a week ago but they didn't send me anything yet!
Original post by joneasy
Cheers :smile: Murano large hopefully! yourself

I got into Queen Margaret Residences so preparing myself to be ridiculously skint haha, hope you get in to Murano!
My email said that I've been given Murano Street Large Flats ("The Hall")
Roomtype: single standard
So could someone tell me what all this means?
How many people am I sharing with? Is it like a flat where we share the same living area or is it just a big long corridor with continuing rooms on each side?
How many people am I sharing with?
How closely am I "sharing?"
Reply 1492
Original post by I am Ace
My email said that I've been given Murano Street Large Flats ("The Hall")
Roomtype: single standard
So could someone tell me what all this means?
How many people am I sharing with? Is it like a flat where we share the same living area or is it just a big long corridor with continuing rooms on each side?
How many people am I sharing with?
How closely am I "sharing?"

It's basically a long corridor with many individual rooms plus a few shared kitchens and bathrooms. Large flats are for 10-12 people.
so I've just found out I'm staying in murano large flats this year. slightly worried as when I visited on the open day they didn't seem too great and I hear the area is really bad.. but i also hear the parties are amazing! :smile: is it really that bad? any one else staying there? or doing geography this year?
Original post by Soph.a.loafy
so I've just found out I'm staying in murano large flats this year. slightly worried as when I visited on the open day they didn't seem too great and I hear the area is really bad.. but i also hear the parties are amazing! :smile: is it really that bad? any one else staying there? or doing geography this year?

Same place, not a large one though. I'm seeing ma sister tomorrow to get the low down on it so will post back what I find out. Firgured though if 1500 students manage it can't be that bad :tongue:
I had QM first too but I had to changed cause it worked out too expensive so now I have Murano large first. I am literally going to know no one when I go it's so scary! :lol:

I'm coming over too from Armagh and don't know anyone either!lmao so it looks like were in the same boat! I'm staying in Murano too, excited/so scared!
Original post by cduddy507
I'm coming over too from Armagh and don't know anyone either!lmao so it looks like were in the same boat! I'm staying in Murano too, excited/so scared!

Omg I'm glad I'm not the only one haha! What are you studying?
Original post by JJTEASE
Haha I'm pegging it but looking forward to it at the same time :smile: Glad it's a large flat, hopefully most of them up for the parties :biggrin: Moving from Oxford!! You??

Yeah thats the main reason I chose the large flat for the parties and the good times. Moving from Bristol and going to fly up because it takes a really long time to get there any other way.
Omg I'm glad I'm not the only one haha! What are you studying?

yeah i was starting to think i may be a little mad moving by myself but we'll be grand! ill be listening out for the same accent!lol. Primary education! you? :smile: x
Original post by cduddy507
yeah i was starting to think i may be a little mad moving by myself but we'll be grand! ill be listening out for the same accent!lol. Primary education! you? :smile: x

Same here! Everyone I know is going to Queens or Ulster and I was beginning to think what have I done! Lmao! should be an experience anyway :smile: I'm studying English Lit and History and I've no idea what to pick for my third subject yet :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending