The Student Room Group

What is my 'PIN' I need for student finance?

Honestly have no idea what this 4 digit code could be? Is there anywhere I could find it? I mean what exactly are they asking for - I've never had to use it until now.
Reply 1
It's a code they give you to log in or as a reference...just check all your emails from Student Finance for the pin...it'll dfeinitely be there somewhere.
Reply 2
Original post by sclez1
Honestly have no idea what this 4 digit code could be? Is there anywhere I could find it? I mean what exactly are they asking for - I've never had to use it until now.

I've never heard of it either - I've only ever needed my Customer Reference Number :s-smilie:

Perhaps you should give them a ring!
Original post by sclez1

It's your date of birth and month, so 3rd January would make a pin 0301 (example) :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by tallen90
I've never heard of it either - I've only ever needed my Customer Reference Number :s-smilie:

Perhaps you should give them a ring!

Same.
I have a Customer Reference Number, a password & a secret answer.
They normally ask for like the 5th and 6th character or something of my secret answer along with my Customer Reference Number.

Perhaps this is what they mean by 'pin', OP?
It's probably a number they've sent you by post or email for you to login for the first time and set up your password and secret question. If you've lost it I'm sure they could send it you again if you phone them, they should still be open (I know Student Finance Wales is).

Quick Reply