The Student Room Group

More likely? Less likely?

This poll is closed

Getting onto a psychology degree course once you have completed A level psychology

Increases your chances of getting on? 100%
Decreases your chances getting on?0%
Total votes: 1
Is a student more likely or less likely to obtain a place on a psychology degree if they have completed psychology at A level?
It depends. Obviously if you have some experience it can be useful but then again some people probably won't have done it and they get to learn everything from scratch. It's kinda similar to philosophy in that respect.
Reply 2
Clique to say, but I don't think it matters quite so much.
I think if you demonstrate (personal statement/interview etc...) that Psychology is your element and you're into the subject then that's what admissions care about.

I know Psychology course mates that haven't studied Psychology before uni and they've got in just fine, and doing well too. However many uni's will want a science subject or maths at A level to gain a place (some uni's will accept Psychology as this instead) so it's worth checking entry requirements. I suppose being predicted say, an A grade in Psychology will strengthen your application alongside a good PS as it demonstrates your'll be a capable student, but taking Psychology A level won't necessarily be a factor putting you above other applicants :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending