The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by original_username
Exactly. I watched the second half of your game on Sat and was almost bored to tears, but that's what Sam Allardyce aims for isn't it.

Also forgot to mention the penalty we should have had. :rolleyes:

Sam Allardyce's football is almost as bad as McLeish's
yer well in lads!! not ten but thatll do me
Peterborough seem to be carrying their form over from last season, think they might be in a spot of bother this season.
Original post by Rock Fan
That's the last time I make any football predictions.

:smile: Well to be fair Blackpool deserved it. I fully expect them to be up near the top of the league They battered us for most of the match. We didn't really create anything even the goal came from a corner. Struggled to keep possession. Could defiantly do with a midfielder who can keep the ball and one who create something. On the plus side we do look solid at the back and have winnable game against Peterborough at the weekend. Certainly looks like the Championship is going to be as tight as ever with only one team with a 100% record so far.
Peterborough seem to be carrying their form over from last season, think they might be in a spot of bother this season.

Hopefully Barnsley will go with them! :biggrin:
Original post by ipswichblade
Hopefully Barnsley will go with them! :biggrin:

I tipped Barnsley as another team who will struggle, they signed Mido but he got injured straight away.
I tipped Barnsley as another team who will struggle, they signed Mido but he got injured straight away.

More fool Barnsley for signing that waste of oxygen.
Original post by original_username
More fool Barnsley for signing that waste of oxygen.

He's gotta be one of the worst players to ever grace football.
Original post by LUFC Tom
:smile: Well to be fair Blackpool deserved it. I fully expect them to be up near the top of the league They battered us for most of the match. We didn't really create anything even the goal came from a corner. Struggled to keep possession. Could defiantly do with a midfielder who can keep the ball and one who create something. On the plus side we do look solid at the back and have winnable game against Peterborough at the weekend. Certainly looks like the Championship is going to be as tight as ever with only one team with a 100% record so far.

Yeah Blackpool are a good side and they got a very good manager in Ian Holloway. Only trouble is with Leeds clearly needing a midfielder will Ken Bates bother to spend, in reality someone needs to takeover that club that's got some money and cares about the club.
Yeah Blackpool are a good side and they got a very good manager in Ian Holloway. Only trouble is with Leeds clearly needing a midfielder will Ken Bates bother to spend, in reality someone needs to takeover that club that's got some money and cares about the club.

Well Warnock said last night he's not expecting to bring any more in at the minute so Bates certainly won't be paying for a midfielder but then he never pays for anything other than building improvements. I would love the takeover to go through before the end of the window but can't see it at the minute. Ken seems to be dragging his feet for some reason. On the plus side someone supposedly to do with the deal who was at the game on Saturday is a Leeds fan and if the takeover does go through there should be reasonable money available.

Hope you're right! :wink:
Barnsley will probably struggle but still get six points off Leeds with our awful recent record in Yorkshire derbies and in particular against them.
Barnsley will probably struggle but still get six points off Leeds with our awful recent record in Yorkshire derbies and in particular against them.

Barnsley v Leeds, now that is a tough one! Nah, hope Barnsley win! :tongue::wink:
Original post by ipswichblade
Barnsley v Leeds, now that is a tough one! Nah, hope Barnsley win! :tongue::wink:

Dont worry I'm used to others wanting Leeds to loose. :wink: Though personally I like to see the other Yorkshire sides do well as long as it's not at Leeds expense and that they are not doing better than us. Is a big shame really that the biggest county in the country can't boast even one top flight team to it's name. If Leeds ever get back up would be great to have a few other Yorkshire teams join us.
He's gotta be one of the worst players to ever grace football.

Couldn't agree more. Actually feel sorry for Barnsley having him, despite them beating us on Saturday anyway
Reply 7155
We are top of the league say we are top of the league! :biggrin:

Early days, I know!

:king1:
Barnsley are the Wigan of the Championship. Favourites to go down every year but they'll do just enough to survive....
Dont worry I'm used to others wanting Leeds to loose. :wink: Though personally I like to see the other Yorkshire sides do well as long as it's not at Leeds expense and that they are not doing better than us. Is a big shame really that the biggest county in the country can't boast even one top flight team to it's name. If Leeds ever get back up would be great to have a few other Yorkshire teams join us.

Yes, Yorkshire football = awful!

I was born in Leeds and have a lot of friends and family who support them to be fair!
Original post by dan_oufc
We are top of the league say we are top of the league! :biggrin:

Early days, I know!

:king1:

YELLOWS! :biggrin:
Whereabouts do you sit?
Reply 7159
Original post by Miller693
YELLOWS! :biggrin:
Whereabouts do you sit?

Had season ticket in SSL for 5 seasons, but am off to uni next month so will only be attending a few games :frown:.
You?

Latest