The Student Room Group

Working at Primark - Q&A

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
[QUOTE="londongal23;38608353"]I would leave it for 35 days max and then if you can find a phone number ring them and say youve waited a week past the 28 days and would like to know the outcome of your interview and also why they are not replying within the 28 days like they promised. Maybe youre going to be put on hold, thye surely wont reject you after all this time - or even better they might have a job for you, they did give the lady who had waited 33 days a job so you never know. Ill keep my fingers crossed for you. (They seem to send their e mails at about 5.30pm)[/QUOTE

btw i hope you dont mind me asking, have they replied to you and if they havent how long have you been waiting and are gona contact them, sorry i just need some advice :frown:
No I dont mind you asking at all. They replied to me yesterday (wed) after 32 days saying I was successful at the interview and am on hold blah blah. this is for the Oxford street branch.
Original post by iheartdjokovic
Will they employ a random 16 year old with no experience?

Yes, as long as you're keen and passionate about the company, they'll employ you, I worked with a 16 year old when I was there
Original post by Asa-
Hey guys. I'm new here so excuse any errors. Starting new job in primark soon, really worried bout making sure my performance is up to shape. Can any of you guys give me good tips on how to maintain good performances so my job will be safe after the 3 months probation! Also if not to much trouble how are the tills because I have trainning in 3 days time! ? Are the tills hard or easy, please explain in detail. Cheers much appreciated guys.

Just turn up on time and follow instructions given, you'll be fine :smile:, on your first day you'll be paired up with another employee while on the tills, on your next shift, they'll put you on a till by yourself, you may make a few mistakes, that's fine, as long as you learn from them, you'll be fine
Reply 24
Hi there

Just wanted to ask av just had an email saying that av bn accepted in the primark oxford. Just wanted realy knw is what do returns do. Thats where they have put me. Soo plz can anyone help me...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by saddaf86
Hi there

Just wanted to ask av just had an email saying that av bn accepted in the primark oxford. Just wanted realy knw is what do returns do. Thats where they have put me. Soo plz can anyone help me...

Returns is basically taking the clothes that customers leave behind at till point and putting them back where they're meant to go
Reply 26
I've been assigned to the Customer Service desk. Is it possible to request working on the tills instead where i prefer to do so??? I have been working previously on tills for Primark at a different store
Original post by mozs11
I've been assigned to the Customer Service desk. Is it possible to request working on the tills instead where i prefer to do so??? I have been working previously on tills for Primark at a different store

Just ask your till supervisor
Hey i have a job on cash desk will i always be on tills? Or do they move u around?

Original post by fairydust sprinkle
Hey i have a job on cash desk will i always be on tills? Or do they move u around?

At the Primark I worked in, all the till ops were always on the tills. Unless the shop's quiet or closed.
Reply 30
But can i not choose the tills.

Original post by saddaf86
But can i not choose the tills.

No, you are given a department, I.e. customer services, fitting rooms, shop floor. The department you are given is your main priority. But you can ask to change if you really want to
Hey :smile:,
I've been offered an interview for a 4 hour shift a week job and I was wondering if during the Christmas period... Will they make me work a lot of days as I'm worried how this job could effect my A2 January exams :s-smilie:.
Reply 33
Original post by I'll.Be.Back
Hey :smile:,
I've been offered an interview for a 4 hour shift a week job and I was wondering if during the Christmas period... Will they make me work a lot of days as I'm worried how this job could effect my A2 January exams :s-smilie:.

If you're weekend staff, you have to work bank holidays, other than that all overtime is optional. :-)
Reply 34
Where should I hand my CV/cover letter to (the store asked me to do this btw)?
Reply 35
Original post by tom689
Where should I hand my CV/cover letter to (the store asked me to do this btw)?

Sorry for the late reply, hopefully not too late, never heard of this before. If the store told you to, take it to customer service, ask them to take it to admin/HR (explain you were told to). I was under the impression all apps were done online though.
Hiya, I've just started working as a weekender at a new store opening. So 4 hours on Sat and 4 on Sunday... These are my contracted hours but really, I just want to work on one day... When, and how should I go about this?

Reply 37
Original post by I'll.Be.Back
Hiya, I've just started working as a weekender at a new store opening. So 4 hours on Sat and 4 on Sunday... These are my contracted hours but really, I just want to work on one day... When, and how should I go about this?

Go to your manager and ask to change to all day one day (if thats what you want?) may take a while for an afternoon shift to open up but otherwise it should be fine.

Or if you just want to work 4 hours go and cancel one shift.

Which Primark are you at? I would currently like a sunday shift as well as my saturday one :tongue:

Ah a new store, dw then :tongue:
Hey guys :smile:,
I'm female and was told at my induction, our buttons have to be done up all the way to the top (to avoid cleavage showing ect.), but I bought this shirt (in black)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ladies-Sleeve-Premium-Oxford-Formal/dp/B0078E1XV6

would I really be made to do my buttons all the way to the top or can I just leave two to avoid looking like a man?
thanks!
Reply 39
Could someone please tell me where to hand my application form for primark? I printed it off but it doesn't say which primark store it is for or where to hand it in, or could someone tell me another way of applying?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending