The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Deanery guide

So when i was in Solent I lived in Deanery block C Red corridor room 012 I loved that room and often wonder who is in it now. any way i thaugt people in Deanery would like a guide of where to shop and the nerst clubs you know important stuff.

So shopping for food we all need food and stuff there is a big supermarket in Southampton ASDA near the tean station but it is a bit of a trek to go there walk round and come back with heavy shopping bags it is much easier to go to one of the two Tesco locals you closest one is go go down the rode to the left (I think if you get to Bummers Bridge you have gone the wrong way even though there is Tesco that way that is also quite close) until you get to a big church go left infornt of the church and fallow the rode down past Joiners and boom there you are.

So you have got all your beer and food and you are wondering where to go tonight well here is a quick run down of pubs and clubs that we used to frequent
in our first year there is

1. Kaos this club is near the uni walk down to jury's inn and you will see a red neon sign saying Kaos above a purple door (order a shrek)

2. OC Ocean Collins is quite a nice night club most nights good music and dance floor 2 large bars (get your drinks in early as they do get quite busy) I recall also that in my first year they also had a curry night I believe that now on mondays they have a Gay night caled pulse

3. Oceana most towns have one of these it's a big club with 3 bars upstairs balcony is usually empty the other two are packed good dance floor. you need a taxi for this one

4 Edge all I know is that it's a gay bar near Kaos.

So ofcouse there are more bars and clubs bu these are the ones that I remember seeing or hearing about. I only know about the edge and pulse due to a flyer.

Have a good freshers week people
Reply 1
Thanks for the information dude, very helpful.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Thanks for all the info!

Could you like tell us how big is the wardrobe and would there be space for a four drawer unit to go in the wardrobe? Lol! I need my extra storage!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
from what I can remember the wardrobe is a good size and has one of them in there
Original post by New- Emperor
from what I can remember the wardrobe is a good size and has one of them in there

Oh right. Is it one of them wide chest of drawers do you know?

Reply 5
yeah i think so obviously this was 8 years ago you are going to have a grate year
Oh okay. Thanks! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending