The Student Room Group

IB re-marks 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 526540828
how long does it takes? I send last week, next week is A Level, I have to make sure if i am in the clearing or not. all depend on remark

I sent mine on the 9th I think and it came back on the 29th so 20 days. Some of my friends had theres in just over 2 weeks some are still waiting (over 3 weeks) so depends really.
Reply 21
Sent mine on the 11th I think, got it back August 3rd. Sent another on the 12th, haven't got it back yet.
Reply 22
I did not mean to click 'went down grade', it was an accident, sorry dudes
Reply 23
Original post by pick-butterfly-95

I'm not sure how he found out but he did say that the IB emailed him saying that there was an increase in my grade and then told me the new paper marks :biggrin:

But you know the original component sheet which gives each of the raw, moderated and scaled marks the college gives you? That changes after a remark so if you got that the first time (or didnt) then your IBC just needs to login into that (wherever that is, and they all can!) and print it for you again- you should see how your papers changed :biggrin:

Hope this helps and hope your remark went well too :biggrin:

Oooh alright thanks! I'll go bug my IBC about it :smile:
Reply 24
I sent off to get English EE remarked, English A1 HL paper 1 and 2 remarked and also Art SL remarked. All went up :smile: EE went from A to B giving me 3 not 2 in core. English went up but not enough for my grade to change, (oh well) and Art went up from a 5 to a 6.
Reply 25
Sent off for 2 remarks, only one back which stayed the same.

But my friend had 2 2's and sent off for both remarks, one went higher, and then apparently his whole class had English orals remarked (requested by the teacher) and he just found out it made his english one grade better. And so now thanks to remarks, he went from 2 2's (therefore failing the diploma and having to retake 2 subjects) to passing (minimum pass is 28 points if you get a 2). Thought that was a surprising story :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Does anybody know the longest amount of time you have to wait for a re-mark (if there is one)? Because I've been waiting and waiting...
(edited 11 years ago)
Seriously... Been over a month now... anyone any idea how much longer I could have to wait?
Reply 28
Sent off Maths, was 2% away from a 6, my grade stayed the same but now I'm 1% away which sucks...Was told my school was requesting my papers to look for any "dreadful errors" so that gives me some hope but idk...
Original post by school_freak
SAME! which subject did you send off for remark?

I sent off for a Theatre Arts Remark... I'm guessing mines taking so long because not many people do it in comparison to other subjects.. yourself?
Reply 30
sent off english which came back in a week with a 7 :biggrin:
It's been well over 3 weeks since I sent off 2 subjects and still haven't heard anything :-/
Original post by Kyle Butler
It's been well over 3 weeks since I sent off 2 subjects and still haven't heard anything :-/

As of tomorrow, it's 7 weeks for me :frown:
Okay, so I emailed someone today to find that my results came through a few weeks ago, they just failed to send them to me! So annoying; no change in the overall grade but I'm just relieved to have had them back.
Reply 34
Finally got back my IB Results, No change in grade though... It is stupid, our entire years bio got marked down 30% and no change... :s-smilie: Ah well
Reply 35
I got my remarks while ago, both my HL Chemistry and Math grades didn't change !
I believe subjects like English, History, Economics and Business have greater chance of getting remarked cause the marking criteria for those aren't similar to either Maths or Chem, it all depends on the examiner !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending