The Student Room Group

TSR Malaysian Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4200
Hi everyone! I'm new here!
From Selangor and going to Northumbria University,Newcastle this September! :smile:
Original post by Akiraryuu
Sorry, sorry, what I meant was that it's because your uni's in London you don't get to have a free bus from Heathrow. LOL Mum wanted to buy me a slow cooker but I refused to lug that thing over to UK! Also, I've always been able to cook edible food (now I'm showing off :tongue:)

Hahaha!!! I see! I guess my seniors will be there to bring me and my friends to our respective accommodation! Will arrange with them haha! Slow cooker? A rice cooker is sufficient enough. :eek: I've always been able to cook edible food too, but maybe not so delicious lah! :tongue: Anyway I have 3 years to improve my cooking skills, can possibly open up a restaurant upon graduation muahahaha! :bl:
Apa khabar semuaaaa orang :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300
korang ni ... datang US boleh tak? semua pergi UK apasal? :p:
Just kidding.
Original post by Nicholasng925
Hahaha!!! I see! I guess my seniors will be there to bring me and my friends to our respective accommodation! Will arrange with them haha! Slow cooker? A rice cooker is sufficient enough. :eek: I've always been able to cook edible food too, but maybe not so delicious lah! :tongue: Anyway I have 3 years to improve my cooking skills, can possibly open up a restaurant upon graduation muahahaha! :bl:

3 years is a good enough time period to improve your cooking no worries! HAHAHA. Open restaurant in Chinatown London! :tongue:
Original post by strawberry
korang ni ... datang US boleh tak? semua pergi UK apasal? :p:
Just kidding.

tak boleh! :tongue: HAHAHA!
3 years is a good enough time period to improve your cooking no worries! HAHAHA. Open restaurant in Chinatown London! :tongue:

HAHAHAHA!!! A plan of being an entrepreneur and start up a huge restaurant business with many branches just flashed through my mind! :eek:

Anyway I'm just kidding! I'm happy enough if I could cook delicious food for my family and friends! As long as I won't die of starvation, that's pretty much enough for me. :tongue:
tak boleh! :tongue: HAHAHA!

tak boleh pulak dia ... hahaha!

HAHAHAHA!!! A plan of being an entrepreneur and start up a huge restaurant business with many branches just flashed through my mind! :eek:

Anyway I'm just kidding! I'm happy enough if I could cook delicious food for my family and friends! As long as I won't die of starvation, that's pretty much enough for me. :tongue:

don't open a restaurant. biggest drain on financial resources ever.
Original post by strawberry
tak boleh pulak dia ... hahaha!

don't open a restaurant. biggest drain on financial resources ever.

Haha that's why I said I was just kidding! :tongue:
Reply 4209
Original post by Kaylain
I applied to Kings, Liverpool, Bristol and Leeds, was rejected by Leeds and Kings and withdrew from Bristol. I didn't do A levels or IB though, I applied with an Australian high school cert so I'm lucky to get in, really, as many of the med schools don't accept anything but As and IB :biggrin:

Liverpool interviewed me in Novotel KL in Jan earlier this year. Edinburgh don't interview. The rest interview in Singapore, Malaysia or the UK itself.

You need to sit the BMAT for Oxbridge, ICL and UCL and you will need a decent UKCAT score for Manchester and Kings like >660 to be safe. There are plenty of threads to help med applicants though and you can research them and apply to those where your application is the strongest in terms if their requirements, oh and be sure to do work exp and voluntary work!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Yes, for sure, I've done my work experience :smile: It was awesome!

Thanks for the advice!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by shanayxw
Hi everyone! I'm new here!
From Selangor and going to Northumbria University,Newcastle this September! :smile:

Original post by Meltingice
Apa khabar semuaaaa orang :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300

Hello! Khabar baik~ :smile:
Why isn't anybody going to Leeds this Sept? From what I know, there'll be only two girls going there, me and another girl from UniKL. :bawling: the rest are guys.
Original post by cancergirl92
Hello! Khabar baik~ :smile:
Why isn't anybody going to Leeds this Sept? From what I know, there'll be only two girls going there, me and another girl from UniKL. :bawling: the rest are guys.

Haha, it's rare to see Malaysian here in the city :eek:
Original post by Meltingice
Haha, it's rare to see Malaysian here in the city :eek:

Really? They say Leeds is like Manchester. A Malaysian village~

You live in Cambridge? U really stay there or are you there to study?
Reply 4213
hi everybody , I'm new here :smile:
Does anyone going to Hull uni?
Goin with emirates or other airlines?
Reply 4214
Haha! I'm super duper excited. Been buying a lot of things like rice cooker to bring over there (I'm self-catered) :tongue: Yeah, Nottingham University provides a free bus from Heathrow to Nottingham. :biggrin:

argos sell rice cooker for £12
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9367809/Trail/searchtext%3ERICE+COOKER.htm

and yes, argos is everywhere :biggrin:
Original post by r1d3r
argos sell rice cooker for £12
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9367809/Trail/searchtext%3ERICE+COOKER.htm

and yes, argos is everywhere :biggrin:

Hahaha, rice cookers in the UK are generally gigantic. Mine is a really tiny and cute one!
Reply 4216
Hahaha, rice cookers in the UK are generally gigantic. Mine is a really tiny and cute one!

Haha. I bought a tiny rice cooker to bring with me to UK too. Can only cook like maximum three cups of rice :smile:

Original post by shanayxw
Haha. I bought a tiny rice cooker to bring with me to UK too. Can only cook like maximum three cups of rice :smile:

I almost forget to buy a tiny rice cooker! :eek: hehe thanks for reminding!
I almost forget to buy a tiny rice cooker! :eek: hehe thanks for reminding!

Get your rice cooker in the UK! In time, you will realise that almost what you need can be bought in London.
Original post by studyboy
Get your rice cooker in the UK! In time, you will realise that almost what you need can be bought in London.

Quite true! Hopefully my luggage won't exceed the weight limit (30kg check in + 7kg carry on). :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest