The Student Room Group

Med Schools with no interview?

What are all the med schools with no interview? (I think there has been something like this before) :smile:
Edinburgh and Southampton don't do interviews, and I think that's it. You're better off asking on the Medicine forum though this is the Veterinary Medicine forum :P
Reply 2
Medicine or Vet Med? As far as I know, only Southampton offer places without interview. Just to let you know though, this is much much tougher than going the interview route because they instantly cut down from thousands to the places they have, where as getting to interview stage is easier as you dont necessarily have to be as good on paper, you could have just scraped an interview but then get a chance to really impress on the day and with most unis once you get to interview stage its a blank slate from there.

To get an offer from Soton you pretty much need to be PERFECT on paper cause theres so many other people who are beyond fantastic, and those that apply to Soton etc tend to be those who shine on paper but perhaps lack social skills etc key for interviews. So if youre looking at all A*s in your entire life, sh*t loads of work exp and vol work and extra curriculars but most importantly - you know how to condense all this down on to your PS and make for a great read - which requires top english skills then go for it! But remember youre up against loads of people who are of likely an equal or better caliber who more than likely have gotten help to write that PS from english teachers, ucas referees etc.

Sorry if my grammar etc was poor, its late and im shattered :tongue: good luck nonetheless.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending