The Student Room Group

Red planet marketing?

Okay, so I really need a job and was searching around on the job websites like totaljobs.com and came across this company called red planet marketing.

Thye said no training is needed in this sales assistant role (though I have some experience) and that I could be earning 250-500 pounds a week! :eek:

So I applied and just got a call now saying I have an interview tomorrow....

I would like to ask does anybody know this company? do you think its a scam? do you think its telesales and knocking on peoples doors?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by cool pilot dude
Okay, so I really need a job and was searching around on the job websites like totaljobs.com and came across this company called red planet marketing.

Thye said no training is needed in this sales assistant role (though I have some experience) and that I could be earning 250-500 pounds a week! :eek:

I would like to ask does anybody know this company? do you think its a scam? do you think its telesales and knocking on peoples doors?

It seemed a bit scammy, I was called by them a couple of years ago. Are you a fresh grad? I mean they're not trying to sell you anything, which is normally a sign of a scam though
Original post by hiding12
It seemed a bit scammy, I was called by them a couple of years ago. Are you a fresh grad? I mean they're not trying to sell you anything, which is normally a sign of a scam though

Did you go to the interview? did you work for them?

Im an A-level student. Trying to sell things to people who are looking for jobs? you sure?
Reply 3
Did you go to the interview? did you work for them?

Im an A-level student. Trying to sell things to people who are looking for jobs? you sure?

not entirely sure what they do, I looked at their website and they seem to offer sales solutions, to what Im not sure. Never worked for them and didnt go to interview. You could check it out and let me know. Just make sure you do NOT hand over any money for anything up front, capiche?
not entirely sure what they do, I looked at their website and they seem to offer sales solutions, to what Im not sure. Never worked for them and didnt go to interview. You could check it out and let me know. Just make sure you do NOT hand over any money for anything up front, capiche?

hahaha oh well... I will check it out and get ack to you :wink: and dont worry, I dont have any money to give, whcih is why Im looking for a job! :biggrin:
Reply 5
Sounds to me like a door-to-door sales company with 100% commission.

Looks rather similar to a company where I had an interview and orientation day with: http://www.anbpromotions.co.uk/. But halfway through the orientation day I just offered my apologies and left as it just wasn't for me.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Yeah, I came across many such "marketing firms" during my job hunt. Most will be door-to-door or telemarketing, and some even require that you buy their product from them and re-sell it, so they don't come out at a loss if you're a berk salesman.
Reply 7
hahaha oh well... I will check it out and get ack to you :wink: and dont worry, I dont have any money to give, whcih is why Im looking for a job! :biggrin:

how did it go? Any news on that?
how did it go? Any news on that?

Oh, hey bud!

well, I told my sister about it and she said that its a scam and they will have you knocking on peoples door and making commision and told me dont waste my time going.... and so did my mommy :biggrin: soo I didnt end up going :frown:

But I did honestly say to myself perhaps I should go just to fill you in on it :biggrin:

But sorry about that... :frown:
Reply 9
I have also applied for a job with them thinking that it was a genuine role, but alarms was raised when the advertisement for the role didn't say exactly what the role was.

Most of the time that's because there's something that they don't want to tell you,.

I applied for a similar position a few months back, where the role wasn't really explained in the advertisement on TOTAL JOBS, or even in the initial screening interview, and the second one, I didn't actually find out until after the second interview, where they had each one of us go out and shadow one of their field sales team members, to show us what they do, it wasn't until after the field sales team came in and took us out of the room to take each one of us out on the field, then I found out "BY ASKING" lol.

They had all of us walking to the train station to go out and watch them knock on peoples doors to try and persuade them to join a charity :frown:

I can see the disappointing look on everyone face as they realized what, we was actually doing.

The moral of the story is if it sounds to good to be true the chances are it is!!!!!

I've shared some links to help anyone thinking of applying for this role or any similar.

findhttp://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2010/08/cobra-group-makes-a-mint-while.html

http://www.redplanetmarketing.co.uk/induction-first-two-weeks.htm

hey i applied for this job too using the website totaljobs..i got interview too but after reading these comments im not sure whether i should go or not.... :/ they dont really explain the job very well on their website or on totaljobs...
Original post by miss stroppy
hey i applied for this job too using the website totaljobs..i got interview too but after reading these comments im not sure whether i should go or not.... :/ they dont really explain the job very well on their website or on totaljobs...

I knew it was a scam and took the advice from my sister, people, internet and on here not to go. And Im glad I didnt!

Its up to you if you wanna go. Though, I dont see why you should be wasting your time.... But if you decide to go, I heard they will send you to an area to knock on peoples doors and get them to opt-in for ehatever they are advertising! so where some good shoes!

If you decide to go, then please tell me how it went. :smile:
Reply 12
Yep I had the same, got called up by a company (either this one or similar) who said they found my cv and wanted to interview me, **** yeah I've been head-hunted I thought

did some research, total scam door to door job, didn't go
I knew it was a scam and took the advice from my sister, people, internet and on here not to go. And Im glad I didnt!

Its up to you if you wanna go. Though, I dont see why you should be wasting your time.... But if you decide to go, I heard they will send you to an area to knock on peoples doors and get them to opt-in for ehatever they are advertising! so where some good shoes!

If you decide to go, then please tell me how it went. :smile:

I decided not to go in the end i thought whats the point wasting time and money... so many people have said its a stupid job i agree :smile:
Original post by Firepanda
Yep I had the same, got called up by a company (either this one or similar) who said they found my cv and wanted to interview me, **** yeah I've been head-hunted I thought

did some research, total scam door to door job, didn't go

sameee i got happy thinking woohooo they replied so quick little did i know its fake :frown:
Reply 15
i dont think anyone here knows what ther talking about on here ive worked here for 4 months now and i make 600 to 800 pounds a week here so if its a fake or scam then its the best scam or fake going making 2500 a month for the price of a travelcard
Reply 16
Original post by tellboy101
i dont think anyone here knows what ther talking about on here ive worked here for 4 months now and i make 600 to 800 pounds a week here so if its a fake or scam then its the best scam or fake going making 2500 a month for the price of a travelcard

what are you doing for them?
Reply 17
I work in a company who works along side with Red Planet. It is not a scam. It is a legit company.no you do not have to buy from them to sell anything. Yes you are paid for a full training week which is why no experience is needed. I am earning 450-600 a week. So none of you even know what you are talking about. The reason why we do not have a huge waiting list for interviews is because we interview pretty much every day as we are a fast growing company. Get facts right.
Reply 18
Original post by Mbarker1
I work in a company who works along side with Red Planet. It is not a scam. It is a legit company.no you do not have to buy from them to sell anything. Yes you are paid for a full training week which is why no experience is needed. I am earning 450-600 a week. So none of you even know what you are talking about. The reason why we do not have a huge waiting list for interviews is because we interview pretty much every day as we are a fast growing company. Get facts right.

I love how you start off trying to legitimise yourself by claiming to work for a different company (not red planet), yet by the final sentence you're saying 'we interview', 'we are a', 'we do not have'... So you do work for Red Planet?

I can see why a genius like you ended up at a door to door sales company. Do you think people are so stupid that they won't see through the fact that the only people who talk positively about this shoddy company are those with a single post? You're a fake and you earn money by misleading young people in to working for you, you should feel ashamed of yourself.

Now kindly go crawl back under whatever rock you scrambled out from :angry:
Original post by Mbarker1

What do you actually do to earn £450-600 a week? Is this before tax? What time do you work from and until?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest