Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

University of Plymouth Accommodation 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by charlie9872
Its doubtful that you'll get the University owned accommodation as I've seen people saying they've been rejected from it, however, Unite (Private halls basically) appear to have some rooms left, only downside is they're pretty expensive (Like 20 quid a week extra than the Uni's)

https://www.unite-students.com/student-accommodation/plymouth/discovery-heights?

Central point is sold out but they still have some places left in Discovery heights which is literally opposite the Uni. Are you going to the 'find a home' event or whatever it is down in Plym? You can go to it and meet some people in the same position as you and sort out a house together will other freshers, that may be a better option - All the people I know at Uni say living in a house is, much much better than halls anyway so don't be too upset about missing out on halls! You'll be fine, plenty of options.

Thanks for the advice :smile:. I've actually found a house to rent with few other freshers, so I'm no longer worried about missing out on halls.
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 401
Original post by CameronHayward
I had plymouth as my insurance choice and as soon as I knew it was where i was going (results day), I applied for the accommodation and now im in. It's a bit late leaving it til now. However they did post on facebook on Friday that they still had limited spaces in halls (under 50 left) and if you are interested contact them either Friday or next Tuesday (Monday's a bank holiday). Friday's gone now, so what I would recommend is getting up nice and early on Tuesday and giving them a call as soon as their phone lines open (I think it 9am). If you can't get in, there's always the Unite halls, I'm pretty sure there's some left of them. If you still can't get anything, there's quite a few threads in this Plymouth forum about private accommodation and people with spare rooms that need filling, so just have a good look through.

Thanks for the info. I've actually already got a private house to move into no more than 2 mins away from the campus so it's too late to apply even if there were spaces. btw, I'm surprised that you mentioned there were still under 50 spots left since I was told last Monday that all spaces were taken when I applied.
Original post by ab030894
Thanks for the info. I've actually already got a private house to move into no more than 2 mins away from the campus so it's too late to apply even if there were spaces. btw, I'm surprised that you mentioned there were still under 50 spots left since I was told last Monday that all spaces were taken when I applied.

People do cancel there rooms in halls which is why spaces come up.
I called up last week and checked if there were rooms and was told limited spaces.
I came in through clearing, so visited plymouth last week and the a woman at the Accommodation office told me halls had filled up, when i asked her about the limted spaces there were less than a day ago she said: "No, none left, your too late, its the 23rd of august you do realise!?"
We asked if they'd be anymore cancellations, and she said No, you probably wont find any rooms in halls now.

3 after house searching, we returned to her office, terrified i was going to live in a bin for my studies..and spaces in halls suddenly appeared when we went to a different desk.

I advise all students to do the same if your still homeless for un!
Hall cancellations do exist, :smile:
Reply 403
Original post by natalieann1993
People do cancel there rooms in halls which is why spaces come up.
I called up last week and checked if there were rooms and was told limited spaces.
I came in through clearing, so visited plymouth last week and the a woman at the Accommodation office told me halls had filled up, when i asked her about the limted spaces there were less than a day ago she said: "No, none left, your too late, its the 23rd of august you do realise!?"
We asked if they'd be anymore cancellations, and she said No, you probably wont find any rooms in halls now.

3 after house searching, we returned to her office, terrified i was going to live in a bin for my studies..and spaces in halls suddenly appeared when we went to a different desk.

I advise all students to do the same if your still homeless for un!
Hall cancellations do exist, :smile:

Wow. looks like your determination saw you through in the end. I only asked over the phone and since they told there wasn't anymore spaces twice, I didn't even bother asking when I went into the office. Stupid of me really.
Reply 404
When are people generally moving in? I wasn't sure whether to move in next weekend or the weekend after. I'm not staying in halls btw.
Wow. looks like your determination saw you through in the end. I only asked over the phone and since they told there wasn't anymore spaces twice, I didn't even bother asking when I went into the office. Stupid of me really.

It wasn't my determination mainly, one of my friends also got a place down here and was determined for halls so went back in a bleak hope i room would of came up. And it just so happened a few did, there spaces coming up everyday.
But i guess youve already got a house now?
x
Reply 406
Original post by jelly129
Gilwell but 146

Ahh, you'll be in a different block. I'll see you around. ^_^
Reply 407
Hello fellow students!!!!!!!! Im staying in central point- room 318A... Anyone else?? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by EcclesRose
Anyone here in Gilwell?

Hi there!
I am living in 375 Gilwell Hall and studying Marine Biology. :smile: Where in Gilwell are you?
Jennifer
Reply 409
Original post by natalieann1993
It wasn't my determination mainly, one of my friends also got a place down here and was determined for halls so went back in a bleak hope i room would of came up. And it just so happened a few did, there spaces coming up everyday.
But i guess youve already got a house now?
x

Ye, I got a house like 2mins walk away from campus. It would have probably been cheaper than student halls as it's only costing me £80 per week with all bills included. It's a pretty nice place aswell. The only negative is the fact that I'll know no-one when I move in..
Reply 410
Original post by CastawayJen
Hi there!
I am living in 375 Gilwell Hall and studying Marine Biology. :smile: Where in Gilwell are you?
Jennifer

Hello! Pleasure to meet you, my name's Ieuan.

I'm in 463 Gilwell Hall, studying Music.

I'm in room 351. :biggrin:
Anyone else in robbins... only found 3 people :/ M604 :smile:
Original post by Lukeeee
I'm in room 351. :biggrin:

Im in Gilwell 381, studying fine art :smile:
Original post by ThatJoshGuy
Anyone else in robbins... only found 3 people :/ M604 :smile:

Heyy, I am :smile: there is a group on facebook for people in robbins 2012/13 might be a room mate there, I found 3 of mine :smile: x
Reply 414
Aha, awesome. What day are you going on?

15th I believe. You?

Original post by EmanFirstLast
Im in Gilwell 381, studying fine art :smile:

Yay, I'll see you there. :biggrin:
Reply 415
[INDENT]Hey I'm in Radnor 885 :smile: anyone anywhere close ? I'm doing biomed. [/INDENT]
Ye, I got a house like 2mins walk away from campus. It would have probably been cheaper than student halls as it's only costing me £80 per week with all bills included. It's a pretty nice place aswell. The only negative is the fact that I'll know no-one when I move in..

2 mins?! I'm still ten mins from campus at st Thomas court. Lucky you :tongue:
Original post by RCordingley
Heyy, I am :smile: there is a group on facebook for people in robbins 2012/13 might be a room mate there, I found 3 of mine :smile: x

Cheers for the heads up
Reply 418
Original post by Lukeeee
Ahh, you'll be in a different block. I'll see you around. ^_^

yeah u probs will see me abnout at some points haha what u studying??
Anyone in Central Point, Flat 307?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending