The Student Room Group

Sticking up posters without blue tac?

Hello,

My halls at Sheffield Uni have said that they don't allow blue tac into dorm rooms, so I was wondering if anyone had any alternatives to sticking up posters and photos.

Or do people just tend to ignore rules like that?

Thank you! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

use white-tack and be careful peeling it off the wall. if it does peel paint off (and your walls are white) just paint the plaster with a bit of tipex and nobody will ever know
White tac is better than blu tack, but if you can't be arsed, just stick stuff to your door/wardrobe/shelves/window etc instead of the walls :smile:
Reply 3
White tac it is, then! I'm definitely going to put things on the walls themselves, though, as I have quite a lot that I want to put up! Thanks for the help. One of my friends was talking about poking pins through posters and something else like that... This sounds easier.
Original post by Liisarr
Hello,

My halls at Sheffield Uni have said that they don't allow blue tac into dorm rooms, so I was wondering if anyone had any alternatives to sticking up posters and photos.

Or do people just tend to ignore rules like that?

Thank you! :smile:

Command strips ftw!
gum
White tack or sellotape.
Reply 7
masking tape would probably be good as it would stick but not leave residue :smile:
I use masking tape to stick up posters in my room at home, it doesn't leave any marks on the wall at all :smile:
Original post by Gridiron-Gangster
Command strips ftw!

This!
I've heard quite a lot of people raving about Command strips. It's a bit on the expensive side for what it is but i'd rather pay £3+ than get fined if my wall at my dorm room get damaged.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by ChantelleWes
This!
I've heard quite a lot of people raving about Command strips. It's a bit on the expensive side for what it is but i'd rather pay £3+ than get fined if my wall at my dorm room get damaged.

They really are good although word of warning, when removing them make sure you peel them off SLOWLY otherwise they will rip your posters and if you've pressed down too tightly on the wall, could peel of some paint. Otherwise they are a much neater and efficient alternative to blu tack or white tack.

Can't remember how much I paid for mine but I swear by them for making charts and diagrams for revision.
Reply 11
WingARRdium Leviosa.
white tac? & I'm pretty sure people ignore rules like that anyway. if you want to play it safe stick the posters to wardrobes and doors. Or put them in frames and get some self adhesive hooks and attatch them to the walls that way. Or hole punch and put some string through to make a loop then use a hook? But to be honest thats just major hassle, just use white tac and be careful when peeling it off again.
This!

*googling command grips*
Original post by Gridiron-Gangster
They really are good although word of warning, when removing them make sure you peel them off SLOWLY otherwise they will rip your posters and if you've pressed down too tightly on the wall, could peel of some paint. Otherwise they are a much neater and efficient alternative to blu tack or white tack.

Can't remember how much I paid for mine but I swear by them for making charts and diagrams for revision.

Oh really? Where did you get them from?

Original post by blahblahblah1
*googling command grips*

..and? What do we think? Lol

How about blu tack sticky pads? Not sure the exact name of them but their made by blu tack.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
..and? What do we think? Lol

I think I may have to get some and experiment :P
Original post by blahblahblah1
I think I may have to get some and experiment :P

Haha yes!! Let me know how you're feeling about it!

Reply 19
Definitely those command strip things. I've just moved out of a flat I've lived in for 3 years, and had a few posters stuck up with them. Have to admit I was a bit scared of pulling them off because they'd been there for so long, but no problem!

Quick Reply

Latest