The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by belladalton
It went cardiac output, (whatever the other one was) and then maximum cardiac output. I don't know the difference :L

Cardiac out put is how much your heart pumps in any given minute where as the maximum is the most it could ever pump in one minute, which will increase as the heart gets stronger and bigger.
Reply 41
Original post by Tarmu
3 of 4?

Power
Co-ordination
Reaction time
Agility
Balance
Speed

A lot of people either put speed balance co ordination or power! Sorry :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 42
Original post by Tarmu
Sorry, you're wrong. I've just looked it up in my CGP revision guide;

Long Term Effects
"A bigger, stronger heart will contract more strongly and pump more blood with each beat - so your stroke volume and cardiac output will increase".

Your cardiac output is (heart rate X stroke volume) though and because your heart rate increases immediately with exercise your cardiac output would!

But max heart rate is long term because it is the amount your heart could possible pump out and would increase as your heart gets stronger.

Why are people still posting about this exam it was a week ago
Reply 44
Original post by pouryia
Why are people still posting about this exam it was a week ago

Some of us are doing a level so want to know where we've gone wrong

Original post by Springroo96
Some of us are doing a level so want to know where we've gone wrong

Oh ok :smile:
Original post by astropadro
It was 100% maximum is long term and cardiac output was immidiate, as you can not improve your maximum in the short term.

Yay! People agree with me! :woo:

Original post by redtortoise
I think its long term because they said maximum, if they had just said cardiac output then it would have been immediate.
Reply 47
Original post by Springroo96
A lot of people either put speed balance co ordination or power! Sorry :smile:

I'm aware of that, I myself put; power, co-ordination and balance. I was merely replying to a comment suggesting there were only 4 components of skill-related fitness; sorry for the confusion I may have caused you :wink:
Reply 48
guys what did you put for the question on the muscles? i thought one of them was definitely gluteals! how many questions was for the muscle part? and how many questions was it for the one for anaerobic respiration? was it just boxing and tennis?
Reply 49
Original post by osama2
guys what did you put for the question on the muscles? i thought one of them was definitely gluteals! how many questions was for the muscle part? and how many questions was it for the one for anaerobic respiration? was it just boxing and tennis?

For the muscles I put gastrocnemius for pointing toes deltoid for keep arms abducted and I've forgotten what the other one was!

Reply 50
did anyone else get unusually low grades for this module??
Reply 51
Original post by felixdez
did anyone else get unusually low grades for this module??

Yes in all the mock past papers I did I got around a*s high A's but in the real thing I got a low B in my exam?

Latest

Trending

Trending