Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

University of Plymouth Accommodation 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by jelly129
yeah u probs will see me abnout at some points haha what u studying??

Electrical and Electronic Engineering with Foundation. You?
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 421
Original post by Lukeeee

same course

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 422
Robbins N703 here. Can't seem to find anybody in my flat on here or on the fb page :frown: studying extended science
Reply 423
Original post by Rehez001
[INDENT]Hey I'm in Radnor 885 :smile: anyone anywhere close ? I'm doing biomed. [/INDENT]

I'm not close I'm in 641 :P but doing biomed! :biggrin:
Original post by Red_Dragon123
Anyone in Central Point, Flat 307?

I am, 307E. When you moving down?
Reply 425
I just recieved an e-mail about payment for my first instalment which is due by the 10th and I don't get my student loan until the 17th .... Will this be a problem? Also, how do I pay these instalments? Does the monet come out automatically or do I have to go onto a website etc. ? Help please? I'm living in Francis Drake btw
Reply 426
Original post by D556mm
I just recieved an e-mail about payment for my first instalment which is due by the 10th and I don't get my student loan until the 17th .... Will this be a problem? Also, how do I pay these instalments? Does the monet come out automatically or do I have to go onto a website etc. ? Help please? I'm living in Francis Drake btw

I rang and asked whether the first instalment can be paid once I've received my loan but it can't be done, so you have to make sure the correct amount is in your bank by the 10th, either from savings or your parents! And then you take the money back out once you have your loan. Yeah the money automatically comes out of the bank you paid your deposit with.
Reply 427
Yeah as Tayub said, there's no way to defer this payment. It sucks I know, I also won't be getting my money through until the 17th. I was lucky enough to have just enough to cover my £250 damages deposit and the first four weeks, but for fresher's week i'll be skint! If you can't borrow from friends/family, ask in your bank about a student account. If I recall correctly barclays offer a £2000 interest free overdraft on student accounts, which should be more than enough to cover you until your loans come through.
Reply 428
Original post by Tayub16
I rang and asked whether the first instalment can be paid once I've received my loan but it can't be done, so you have to make sure the correct amount is in your bank by the 10th, either from savings or your parents! And then you take the money back out once you have your loan. Yeah the money automatically comes out of the bank you paid your deposit with.

Original post by padanew
Yeah as Tayub said, there's no way to defer this payment. It sucks I know, I also won't be getting my money through until the 17th. I was lucky enough to have just enough to cover my £250 damages deposit and the first four weeks, but for fresher's week i'll be skint! If you can't borrow from friends/family, ask in your bank about a student account. If I recall correctly barclays offer a £2000 interest free overdraft on student accounts, which should be more than enough to cover you until your loans come through.

Well my sister said she didn't have to pay when she went to Plymouth until she got her loan and I can't get the money in time either :s-smilie: What will happen then?
Reply 429
Just did my research and there is a procedure for a 14-day overdue (letters are sent out to you, family and services but this means that the student has some financial difficulties) and one for an 8-week overdue (loss of the room). I'll be overdue by 7 days so as long as they get the money then it should be fine. I e-mailed them but I'm still waiting on a reply. Hopefully there will be no effect on my room :s-smilie: I'm just worried about it.
Reply 430
HI i just got a place at Plymouth through clearing today, I have nowhere to live! Are the student halls of residence full now? Where is the best place to stay?
Reply 431
Original post by ThatJoshGuy
Anyone else in robbins... only found 3 people :/ M604 :smile:

Wow 3? surly beats most people who have found 0-1

(sarcastic tone)
Reply 432
Original post by HDBrowne

(sarcastic tone)

I share this as I have found no one! :frown:
Original post by HDBrowne

(sarcastic tone)

No i meant as in 3 people in the whole place not my flat or even my block! I now have 1 friend!
Reply 434
Original post by D556mm
Well my sister said she didn't have to pay when she went to Plymouth until she got her loan and I can't get the money in time either :s-smilie: What will happen then?

It's a direct debit, I'm not sure quite how it works, but they may not be able to take the payment from your account if you haven't got the funds. I dunno though, depends on your bank account terms. Ring them, ask them what's going to happen if you can't make the payment, they must have some procedures for this. :smile:
Reply 435
Original post by padanew
It's a direct debit, I'm not sure quite how it works, but they may not be able to take the payment from your account if you haven't got the funds. I dunno though, depends on your bank account terms. Ring them, ask them what's going to happen if you can't make the payment, they must have some procedures for this. :smile:

Yeah they do, I found them earlier.There's 2 procedures, one for a 14-day overdue and the other for an 8-week overdue. 14-day one just states that the student has some financial difficulties and the 8-week one is to relieve you of your room. I'll be overdue by 7 days so it should be acceptable
Reply 436
Original post by ThatJoshGuy
No i meant as in 3 people in the whole place not my flat or even my block! I now have 1 friend!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2085263
Original post by padanew

Barclays do have a £2000 interest free overdraft ... Only thing is, until they see a lump sum of at least £1500 being deposited (supposedly from your student loan) into your account, you're not eligible for it as I found out when I got mine :/
In the meantime you only get £200 free. So basically, don't rely on that because it won't work!
Reply 438
Original post by alice-christie
Barclays do have a £2000 interest free overdraft ... Only thing is, until they see a lump sum of at least £1500 being deposited (supposedly from your student loan) into your account, you're not eligible for it as I found out when I got mine :/
In the meantime you only get £200 free. So basically, don't rely on that because it won't work!

Ah really? Thanks for the heads-up, i'm setting one up today - I'll be fine with just £200, but I don't see myself depositing £1500 in there any time soon! I guess one of my loan payments might be that high though yeah. Sucks for people who need the money for up front fees like the rent deposit though:rolleyes:
Reply 439
Original post by Lukeeee

geography :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest