The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester FAQ - almost everything you've ever wanted to know about UoM

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I still haven't got my student finance confirmation letter. On the website the payments are "approved". Should I wait or phone them?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
I don't understand how to access the MATHS0000 on blackboard, can somebody help me please. I can log into MyManchester and have registered as far as I am aware, I just don't understand how to get blackboard working :smile:
Depending on whether your course is made up of compulsory modules or not, you can view your timetable on the student system. You go portal -> my services -> student system -> enrollment -> my weekly schedule.
Reply 23
I've completed all of the steps just fine, it's just I don't actually have those confirmation forms I should have gotten in the post, and they don't show up on the "correspondence" bit.

Never mind I've sorted it out now.
(edited 11 years ago)
hi, i am international student from malaysia, i do understand that i need to have those mentioned vaccine before coming to UOM, like those mumps, measles, rubella, meningitis C, but do i need to do any medical checkup with my doctors, blood test, x-ray???
Original post by raymondlemon
hi, i am international student from malaysia, i do understand that i need to have those mentioned vaccine before coming to UOM, like those mumps, measles, rubella, meningitis C, but do i need to do any medical checkup with my doctors, blood test, x-ray???

Hi,

It's probably best to contact the international team about this. Their email is [email protected]
Reply 26
Hi guys I was hoping some people could help answer some questions for me. I'm living in Whitworth Park Derby halls this year.

Firstly, does anyone know what the Whitworth Park gym is like and how much it costs? i.e. does it have free weights etc. and how big it is. Otherwise can anyone recommend a cheap student gym near City halls?

Secondly, is it worth buying a bus pass as I'm close to Uni from my halls? I realise this is quite a subjective question but is it common for students on the city campus to still get a bus pass?

Finally, can anyone say which supermarkets are near the city halls and how far away they are?

Thanks again,

PN
Original post by pot noodle
Hi guys I was hoping some people could help answer some questions for me. I'm living in Whitworth Park Derby halls this year.

Firstly, does anyone know what the Whitworth Park gym is like and how much it costs? i.e. does it have free weights etc. and how big it is. Otherwise can anyone recommend a cheap student gym near City halls?

Secondly, is it worth buying a bus pass as I'm close to Uni from my halls? I realise this is quite a subjective question but is it common for students on the city campus to still get a bus pass?

Finally, can anyone say which supermarkets are near the city halls and how far away they are?

Thanks again,

PN

The gym is 10 pounds for the year this year I believe, I don't actually know what's in it as I've never been, pretty sure the only thing it doesn't have are free weights, although this may have changed as they were revamping it. I'd check out the sudgen centre and the armitage (sugden is nearer) for 'proper' gyms I don't know the exact prices although I think it's between 160 and 190 for the year?

I never bothered buying a pass because I just walked into uni and most of the time and taxied it to town on nights out (if there's a few of you it's pretty much the same price as a bus.)WP is pretty much walking distance to most places on campus unless you're on north campus where there is a bus down which is free anyway. If you have regular gym commitments and decide to go to the armitage centre in fallowfield or get a job in town, it could be worth investing in. It really depends on your needs.

There is a Morrisons and Sainsburys across the road but they are those crappy 'local' stores which are pretty expensive and small, they're good when you're feeling lazy or just want milk and bread, but not good for big shops. For that, I'd recommend Asda in Hulme, which is about a 10 minute walk away or Sainsbury's in Fallowfield, ten minutes on a bus.

If you have anymore questions, it could be worth checking out the massive FAQ on whitworth in my sig. I lived there last year :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 28
Hi, does anybody know where I could access the reading list for my course? It's Law (LLB) if that helps, thanks guys.
Original post by AH94
Hi, does anybody know where I could access the reading list for my course? It's Law (LLB) if that helps, thanks guys.

http://www.law.manchester.ac.uk/manlaw/registration/ug_courses/new_students/
Reply 30
Yes mate it depends if I can get the funds to afford a membership. If so then yeah for sure..

Original post by tillytots
The gym is 10 pounds for the year this year I believe, I don't actually know what's in it as I've never been, pretty sure the only thing it doesn't have are free weights, although this may have changed as they were revamping it. I'd check out the sudgen centre and the armitage (sugden is nearer) for 'proper' gyms I don't know the exact prices although I think it's between 160 and 190 for the year?

I never bothered buying a pass because I just walked into uni and most of the time and taxied it to town on nights out (if there's a few of you it's pretty much the same price as a bus.)WP is pretty much walking distance to most places on campus unless you're on north campus where there is a bus down which is free anyway. If you have regular gym commitments and decide to go to the armitage centre in fallowfield or get a job in town, it could be worth investing in. It really depends on your needs.

There is a Morrisons and Sainsburys across the road but they are those crappy 'local' stores which are pretty expensive and small, they're good when you're feeling lazy or just want milk and bread, but not good for big shops. For that, I'd recommend Asda in Hulme, which is about a 10 minute walk away or Sainsbury's in Fallowfield, ten minutes on a bus.

If you have anymore questions, it could be worth checking out the massive FAQ on whitworth in my sig. I lived there last year :biggrin:

Thanks for your help
Reply 32
Try joining 'pure gym' - think it costs around 25 a month, and its 24 hours.

I'll be joining that most likely once I start :smile:
Reply 33
What are the times for picking up your keys? Victoria Hall this is.

Thanks
Reply 34
How do I get to the Armitage centre from the North Campus?
Original post by RexyB
How do I get to the Armitage centre from the North Campus?

Go to Oxford Road, get a bus going south (Magic Buses, the navy ones, are cheapest), and get off at Owens Park. Then walk across Fallowfield Campus.
Reply 36
Original post by Origami Bullets
Go to Oxford Road, get a bus going south (Magic Buses, the navy ones, are cheapest), and get off at Owens Park. Then walk across Fallowfield Campus.

Thank you :smile:
Heyyyy I just firmed Manchester to study English, I need AAA and I was just wondering whether anyone has not met their requirements and still gotten in?? (just curious :wink: )
There's still no reply from MBS ... I am quite worriedWhat worse : I was rejected by other 2 courses in UoM the same day It seems that I am not going to meet any offer...
Reply 39
Hey!

I've been given a conditional offer at UoM for Mental Health Nursing, and I've applied for my accommodation and everything but I have been informed that my terms are extended.. They aren't the usual terms that everyone else has to I have to stay longer. Has anyone else had this problem.. what did you do?
I've contacted the accommodations office where I applied to and let them know. Does it affect it? Will they void my contract?? :frown:

Help please!

thank yoo :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending