University of York
York

York Freshers Autumn 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Original post by NBloxham
Accalia , Thanks I've chosen medieval Latin level 1 :smile:

I think you may have gotten me mixed up with someone :confused:

But... that's an interesting choice. What made you go for Latin? :wink: I went for German level 1.
University of York
York
Reply 901
Original post by Eliza-Rose
Sorry, newbie :colondollar:

Historical Archaeology :biggrin:

Sorry to geg, but I'm studying Historical Archaeology as well :biggrin:
Just signed up to do Italian Level 1. There's only one other person on the sign up list, haha!
Reply 903
Sorry about that . I chose latin because I'm going to be studying history and I figured it world be useful :smile: why did you choose German ? I did it as a gcse .
Reply 904
Original post by Holby_fanatic
Just signed up to do Italian Level 1. There's only one other person on the sign up list, haha!

If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask :biggrin: (I'm Italian)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 905
Sorry about that . I chose latin because I'm going to be studying history and I figured it world be useful :smile: why did you choose German ? I did it as a gcse .

I opted for French at GCSE :tongue: and German just seemed like a language that I'd be more likely to use (which means when I can afford to go on holiday, I can go to Germany and pretend it's for educational purposes).

How did you find German at GCSE? I can't remember whether it was French or German which had the strange tenses thing going on (my knowledge of French was incredibly poor, languages were taught really badly and we only spent one lesson a couple of weeks before our final exam on grammar/sentence structure).

EDIT: Also, do you know where you choose what group you're in for the language?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 906
Original post by Holby_fanatic

I'm doing Italian Level 1 - just as part of my Hisory course instead.

(I think I have your Twitter btw :tongue:)
Reply 907
Original post by fiona_x
I'm doing Italian Level 1 - just as part of my Hisory course instead.

(I think I have your Twitter btw :tongue:)

Same goes for you :-) if you need any help, feel free to ask :biggrin: (I'm Italian)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by jmolyneux
Sorry to geg, but I'm studying Historical Archaeology as well :biggrin:

You are the first person I have spoken to that is :biggrin:
Where are you staying ?? Are you excited about starting ??
Reply 909
I'm Ben, studying History :smile:
Reply 910
Original post by Accalia
I opted for French at GCSE :tongue: and German just seemed like a language that I'd be more likely to use (which means when I can afford to go on holiday, I can go to Germany and pretend it's for educational purposes).

How did you find German at GCSE? I can't remember whether it was French or German which had the strange tenses thing going on (my knowledge of French was incredibly poor, languages were taught really badly and we only spent one lesson a couple of weeks before our final exam on grammar/sentence structure).

EDIT: Also, do you know where you choose what group you're in for the language?

It was ok and it does have strange tenses :smile: it was the same for my school unfortunately :s-smilie: I'm not sure I've been looking for it as well :s-smilie:
Reply 911
You sign up for what group you're in at vla.york.ac.uk, there should be an "LFA registration" link

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I8150
I'm doing History and Politics, so don't need to do Languages for All for credits, but I tried to sign up for beginners Russian just now and it won't let me. I didn't even realise there was a deadline! Theres an application form if you missed the deadline, but thats online for people who have to do it for credits. Languages were never my strongest subjects, so I'm not that bothered about not taking one, but I'm worried everyone will be doing it and I'll be frowned upon for not.

Is anyone else not doing LFA? Should I contact them and ask them to let me in?
Reply 913
Original post by Eliza-Rose
You are the first person I have spoken to that is :biggrin:
Where are you staying ?? Are you excited about starting ??

I know there doesn't seem to many people doing it! hahah, and i'm staying in Vanbrugh, where are you staying? and i know this sounds stupid but now its coming i really dont want to leave home... im a wimp! :P hahahha, how about you? are you excited?
Reply 914
Original post by Super Cicero
I'm doing History and Politics, so don't need to do Languages for All for credits, but I tried to sign up for beginners Russian just now and it won't let me. I didn't even realise there was a deadline! Theres an application form if you missed the deadline, but thats online for people who have to do it for credits. Languages were never my strongest subjects, so I'm not that bothered about not taking one, but I'm worried everyone will be doing it and I'll be frowned upon for not.

Is anyone else not doing LFA? Should I contact them and ask them to let me in?

I did LFA Spanish last year and people doing languages were definitely in the minority - yeah there's plenty of them, but way more people who don't. It's a great opportunity but you probably won't be sorry to not have to make 2 hours extra a week for it, do the extra work and then extra exams as well!
Reply 915
It was ok and it does have strange tenses :smile: it was the same for my school unfortunately :s-smilie: I'm not sure I've been looking for it as well :s-smilie:

Good luck with the Latin, anyway :biggrin: and with Freshers. I feel majorly disorganised, although somebody was kind enough to bring me cardboard boxes this morning :tongue: hopefully should reduce some of the clutter in my room. Are you self-catered?

Original post by Hicky
You sign up for what group you're in at vla.york.ac.uk, there should be an "LFA registration" link

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I8150

I can't believe I spent so long searching through VLE and that link was there all along. :colondollar:
Reply 916
Hi
Im Anya and I'm studying English Lit.
I'm at Halifax College as well.
Reply 917
I think someone should join a Tennis society with me during freshers! :biggrin:
Reply 918
Original post by Accalia
Good luck with the Latin, anyway :biggrin: and with Freshers. I feel majorly disorganised, although somebody was kind enough to bring me cardboard boxes this morning :tongue: hopefully should reduce some of the clutter in my room. Are you self-catered?

Thanks and you too :smile: I think I'm feeling generally organised but I do need cardboard boxes :smile: yeah I'm self catered and in Alcuin , what about you ??
Reply 919
Original post by sam_11
I think someone should join a Tennis society with me during freshers! :biggrin:

I'm considering joining a tennis society actually :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest