The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Who's going Bradford School of Pharmacy then ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by . .
I manage to sort it out then. :redface:

Yeah I think it's a 1 hr 20 minute commute.

And I'm not from Preston but from a place close to Preston.

Fair enough then. You're back so glad to see you. :w00t: :woo:
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Reply 1501
Original post by Paracetamolpharm
Fair enough then. You're back so glad to see you. :w00t: :woo:

Yeah I got banned for having a lot of points for warnings and stuff. :redface:

I still haven't got a thing ready though just managed to sort the accommodation out. I'm just waiting on a bit of money to come in from some people so I can start buying stuff I need. :lol:
Original post by . .

I still haven't got a thing ready though just managed to sort the accommodation out. I'm just waiting on a bit of money to come in from some people so I can start buying stuff I need. :lol:

Awww it is okay don't worry about it. :smile:

Did your accomodation thing reached them which you were mentioning that day ? :smile: I see haha. :smile:

What else do you need for uni ? :smile:
Reply 1503
Awww it is okay don't worry about it. :smile:

Did your accomodation thing reached them which you were mentioning that day ? :smile: I see haha. :smile:

What else do you need for uni ? :smile:

Yeah. The next morning I went to the library and before I set off I checked my email and there was nothing there. Then as soon as I got there and printed the forms off. I checked my email before logging off and I received my confirmation and details and stuff. :eek:

Need to buy clothes duvets cooking stuff etc..
Original post by . .
Yeah. The next morning I went to the library and before I set off I checked my email and there was nothing there. Then as soon as I got there and printed the forms off. I checked my email before logging off and I received my confirmation and details and stuff. :eek:

Awww that is excellent see I told you.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by . .

This page might be of helpful to u:- http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/What_To_Take_To_University

Although I am not even taking/need half of the stuff mentioned there. I think its still quite a helpful list to look through!
Reply 1506
Original post by greenlantern
This page might be of helpful to u:- http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/What_To_Take_To_University

Although I am not even taking/need half of the stuff mentioned there. I think its still quite a helpful list to look through!

I've seen the list just need to buy the stuff.
Original post by . .

Awww you should go for your shopping someday, I have already got lots of clothes so didn't need to buy them. :biggrin:

Plus I am commuting so I don't need to buy anything but you sure need to do shopping because you will be living out. :smile:
I'm a pharmacy student going into my second year at Bradford and hope you guys all enjoy your first year here (I definitely did!) Try and get yourselves involved in as much as you can, Bradford is a city which can open a lot of doors for you. The course is demanding but interesting and there's a lot of friendly people here waiting to help you if you need it. If any of you have any questions about the course or the city then ask me :smile:
Original post by Navi_Fairy
I'm a pharmacy student going into my second year at Bradford and hope you guys all enjoy your first year here (I definitely did!) Try and get yourselves involved in as much as you can, Bradford is a city which can open a lot of doors for you. The course is demanding but interesting and there's a lot of friendly people here waiting to help you if you need it. If any of you have any questions about the course or the city then ask me :smile:

How did you do for your first year ? :smile:
How did you do for your first year ? :smile:

68% average overall, struggled with some modules like the chemistry but really enjoyed others like the microbiology and human body. Some of the stuff you learn in first year seems a little bit random though - not sure how it will change as they're introducing the new course for you guys.
68% average overall, struggled with some modules like the chemistry but really enjoyed others like the microbiology and human body. Some of the stuff you learn in first year seems a little bit random though - not sure how it will change as they're introducing the new course for you guys.

Thanks is the chemistry module really hard ?
Thanks is the chemistry module really hard ?

It is quite hard, it was generally the module that we all struggled with (it was our last exam of the exam period, I remember sitting with everyone afterwards not thinking we did too well!). As I said I'm not sure if it'll be the same this year, but the labs were quite difficult and you had to really read around them a couple of times to understand what was going on.

As for the chemistry exam there were two halves - physical and organic. The physical was quite easy compared to the organic as it involved a lot of calculations where you were given the formulas and as long as you knew how to use them you were okay. Didn't really get on with the organic personally though! Lots of mechanisms and pathways etc. Still a really interesting module.
It is quite hard, it was generally the module that we all struggled with (it was our last exam of the exam period, I remember sitting with everyone afterwards not thinking we did too well!). As I said I'm not sure if it'll be the same this year, but the labs were quite difficult and you had to really read around them a couple of times to understand what was going on.

As for the chemistry exam there were two halves - physical and organic. The physical was quite easy compared to the organic as it involved a lot of calculations where you were given the formulas and as long as you knew how to use them you were okay. Didn't really get on with the organic personally though! Lots of mechanisms and pathways etc. Still a really interesting module.

Thanks a lot for all the information probably have to work hard with the chemistry module then . :smile:
Reply 1514
Is anyone going tomorrow ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1515
i would really apreciate if anyone could tell me what grades they got in with at BSP this year if you dont mind, thanks. I will be applying to BSP hopefully this year
Reply 1516
Original post by miisn
i would really apreciate if anyone could tell me what grades they got in with at BSP this year if you dont mind, thanks. I will be applying to BSP hopefully this year

Someone got in with ABC this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1517
I've done the EPQ in year 12, I was thinking does the BSP take interest in it whilst giving out the offers
Original post by miisn
I've done the EPQ in year 12, I was thinking does the BSP take interest in it whilst giving out the offers

Best I can suggest to you is to email the universities and ask them for yourself if they'll accept EPQ or not. :smile:
Seems like everyones getting busy with life now...is anyone planning to try out any of the uni of bradford sports clubs this year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending