The Student Room Group

Official UCY Adult Nursing Students 2012

Hello guys,

Well I thought I would create this page so that we could all meet and greet before the course starts in September.

If you have an offer, let us know whether it's conditional or unconditional :smile:

This page is intended for people who have either firmed or insured UCY/Bournemouth however anyone who has any questions ect are more than welcome to post here.

It will be nice to get to know everyone :smile: Oh and congratulations :biggrin:

Coral
Reply 1
This is great.......i was thinking of doing this....glad you have done it!! as you know i have got my offer and have accepted as my firm and only choice so definatly going in sept :smile: its conditional but just got to do my occ health check and crb check now and then it will turn to unconditional if all is ok which it should be :smile: woo hoo lets hope more people write on here and we can find some others starting with us!! My placements are in the yeovil locality.................also to go with what coral has said, let us know if your interested in lift sharing to bournemouth uni campus one day a week? :smile: congrats everyone who has recieved an offer!
Reply 2
Hi Coral and holz :smile: I've now received an unconditional offer and i will be studying at ucy and my placement locality is west dorset. I've had a letter through the post giving me the time table for the first week, which looks as though we have to go to Bournemouth on Tue 25th. I'm in group E1Y(a) is anyone else in this group??. I'm definatly wanting to lift share!! I'm quite nervous!! How is everyone else feeling?
Evie
Reply 3
Original post by Evie.H
Hi Coral and holz :smile: I've now received an unconditional offer and i will be studying at ucy and my placement locality is west dorset. I've had a letter through the post giving me the time table for the first week, which looks as though we have to go to Bournemouth on Tue 25th. I'm in group E1Y(a) is anyone else in this group??. I'm definatly wanting to lift share!! I'm quite nervous!! How is everyone else feeling?
Evie

Heya!

I know my placement locality is Yeovil and surrounding area but I have yet to receive the timetable.

Please could you detail the timetable to us i.e when we start ect?

I believe there is a bus that takes the UCY groups to Bournemouth so we don't actually have to drive down there so I will probably do this seeing as it will probably be cheaper than fuel but have to wait and see.

Have you bought any specific equipment/books yet?

I'm pretty nervous to be honest. I don't really know what to expect lol You will be fine I am sure :smile: It will be nice to meet you when we start.

xx
Reply 4
We start on monday 24th sept and have to report to reception at UCY by 9am... and we should finish around 4pm. On tuesday we are in Bournemouth for our enrolment and uniform fitting. we have to be there at 10am and should leave around 5pm. Then wednesday off. thursday back at UCY start at 10am and should finish by 4pm. and friday off. But I've seen in other threads we are in deferent groups so i don't know if it's the same for you or not. Let me know when you get yours :smile:

I don't know if it will be worth me travelling to yeovil just to get on a bus to take me to bournemouth but i'll wait and see.

I haven't bought anything yet... i will probably buy a folder just for the first week and then wait to see what books we need and any other equipment.

I'm pleased i'm not the only nervous one! looking forward to meeting you :smile:
xo
Reply 5
Original post by xcoral23
Hello guys,

Well I thought I would create this page so that we could all meet and greet before the course starts in September.

If you have an offer, let us know whether it's conditional or unconditional :smile:

This page is intended for people who have either firmed or insured UCY/Bournemouth however anyone who has any questions ect are more than welcome to post here.

It will be nice to get to know everyone :smile: Oh and congratulations :biggrin:

Coral

Hi just found this site... I start at UCY on the 24th too, so HELLO all! I see someone on here is from Shepton, thats really near me, maybe we can lift share?
Reply 6
Original post by ficee
Hi just found this site... I start at UCY on the 24th too, so HELLO all! I see someone on here is from Shepton, thats really near me, maybe we can lift share?

Heya!

Aww that's cool well done!

Add yourself to this site if you have access to facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/259137490872238/

Look forward to meeting you x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending