The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Living at home and going to cov university..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by berad93
That's not too far away from Coventry, pretty ideal it sounds like. How are you travelling there? I'm travelling from Banbury on the train. Yeah! Ellen Terry building is where im
at, looks like it won't be that hard to meet new people, it'd be cool to meet you!

I'm travelling from Birmingham to Coventry by train, then getting a bus from there, I've heard it's not too bad as I have friends that do the same currently! And yeah! Do you start on the 24th as well?
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by berad93
Are you planning to do much for freshers seeing as we're away from uni?

At the moment i plan to travel by train and just come home, possibly get a bus home - just going to go with the flow! :smile:
Reply 42
In regards to freshers, I can see a lot of people from the uni facebook are planning to stay in a travelodge for a week or so.. personally for me the cost of a hotel is not worth it, so I will be either staying sober to drive home (:/) or staying on a friends floor, if I make any that are living in cov :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by TheoJS
I'm travelling from Birmingham to Coventry by train, then getting a bus from there, I've heard it's not too bad as I have friends that do the same currently! And yeah! Do you start on the 24th as well?

Oh that's cool, like friends in their second year? What are you going to study? Yeah my induction lecture is on the 24th
Reply 44
Original post by jackief
At the moment i plan to travel by train and just come home, possibly get a bus home - just going to go with the flow! :smile:

Yeah I guess that's the best idea what are you studying?
Reply 45
Is there anyone staying at home and going to be studying journalism and media by any chance?
Reply 46
I'm studying Occupational therapy :smile: So excited now :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by jackief
I'm studying Occupational therapy :smile: So excited now :smile:

That sounds interesting! Have you enroled yet? Were there any timetables on there?
Reply 48
Original post by berad93
Oh that's cool, like friends in their second year? What are you going to study? Yeah my induction lecture is on the 24th

I'm going to study music performance :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by TheoJS
I'm going to study music performance :smile:

oh yeah course you are, because you're in Ellen Terry too, sorry completely went over my head. Hopefully we'll meet then, you seem cool.
Got my ID card today... I look so serious. One week til induction - it's already feels like it's dragging. The only problem with living at home, I now realise, is... parents. My mum (who also went to Cov uni) is already planning to kick me out of the house in the mornings. My dad (who also studied at Cov uni and used to work there - you can probably guess the rest of the story...) agrees with her. Sometimes I wonder if I would have been better off in halls. :tongue:

Original post by ZRO
I'm commuting from coventry aswell.

ZRO, I have a strange feeling you're doing biomed science?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by jon_a.k.a_bob
Got my ID card today... I look so serious. One week til induction - it's already feels like it's dragging. The only problem with living at home, I now realise, is... parents. My mum (who also went to Cov uni) is already planning to kick me out of the house in the mornings. My dad (who also studied at Cov uni and used to work there - you can probably guess the rest of the story...) agrees with her. Sometimes I wonder if I would have been better off in halls. :tongue:

What is your I'd?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 52
Original post by jon_a.k.a_bob

ZRO, I have a strange feeling you're doing biomed science?

Yeah I am. How do you know :P?
Original post by Jhurst123
What is your I'd?

The Pheonix Card - you need it to open doors, for the library etc...

Original post by ZRO
Yeah I am. How do you know :P?

It's rather simple: cold, hard, logic. :cool:
Reply 54
What's everybody doing for Freshers? I don't want to miss the whole week so was thinking of attending a couple of nights but I'm not going to know anybody haha, hoping there are some similar people on my course for the induction.
Reply 55
Is anyone else here doing biomedical sciences?
Ive got to get to the John Lang building on monday, anyone who is already on site / had a look know any key features I should look out for so I know im heading in the right direction?
Original post by paladimathoz
Ive got to get to the John Lang building on monday, anyone who is already on site / had a look know any key features I should look out for so I know im heading in the right direction?

The John Laing building is opposite the law courts, a building which has a really large coat of arms above the door (which will certainly hurt if it fell off), and a large ramp to the entrance. It's on the same road as the really new and modern Severn Trent Center - can't miss it during the night - it's all lit up with funky colours.

I live about a 15mins walk away from the uni (more like 5 mins to the techno center of the uni) - I know the area really well, plus not alot has changed since my parents went there.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 58
I'm hopefully going to the bar crawl on the saturday, maybe it'd be nice to get a group of us commuters together then if anyone's free? :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by Adster159
Hello, i'm going to Coventry University to Study Business Administration and i'm living at home too! I live in Burbage so I'll probably catch the train from my local train station. Normally get away with child return tickets so only £3.80 return :wink:

I'm doing Business Administration too :smile: not living at home though unfortunately!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending