The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Korean Studies 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
Original post by Loretto
Wow, I could have sworn they were asking for AAB too but I see that's not the case.
Either way, hope you guys get on this course next year. :smile:

Oh okay.

Thank you. :smile:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 761
Original post by ZombieYoshi
It'll take some getting used to being able to walk around without my dog almost tripping me up first thing in the morning.

yeah, as soon as I open the front door and he has his lead on he literally bolts out of the door and I end up flying after him XD for such a small doggy he's so strong!
Reply 762
Original post by Munny_d
'Korea's Place in the Sun'
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Koreas-Place-Sun-Modern-History/dp/0393327027/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345450986&sr=8-1

and

'North Korea - Another Country'
http://www.amazon.co.uk/North-Korea-Another-Bruce-Cumings/dp/156584940X/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1345451039&sr=8-3

And for registration week, you will need to buy 'Introduction to the Korean Language' which will be £22.00.

Thank you so much!:smile:
Reply 763
Original post by ZombieYoshi
I have 50/50 with a spare 20 credits for an unrestricted module to make it 70/50, so I'll see how that goes.
Is your 70/50 all EAS modules? Because I think it's that our credits should add up to 100 form EAS modules, with 20 left over to choose for unrestricted when we get there. So maybe that's why you were rejected.
I'm not entirely sure, I'm going off of this: https://www.shef.ac.uk/module-registration/assets/pdf/eas.pdf

Yeah they were all EAS modules, but the tutor said that they rejected it simply because the modules were unbalanced and as the first year is pretty intense they were worried this would make it hard to balance my workload. After I emailed them back about the rejection they said I can discuss it with tutors during intro week and there is a possibility I can still do the modules I origionally selected yay :smile:
Reply 764
Original post by KatYXT
Yeah they were all EAS modules, but the tutor said that they rejected it simply because the modules were unbalanced and as the first year is pretty intense they were worried this would make it hard to balance my workload. After I emailed them back about the rejection they said I can discuss it with tutors during intro week and there is a possibility I can still do the modules I origionally selected yay :smile:

That's good :biggrin: at least they're not dismissing it outright, relief! Hahaha.
Reply 765
Original post by wingspari
Cool! We really could be classmates then. :biggrin: Oh that's good. I haven't been there yet... Yeah, I'm going to apply for both and Sheffield as my first choice - tho I dunno if I'll even get predicted a AAB, probably ABB, but still gonna apply to SOAS as insurance. Yeah, I know, yet Sheffield sounds much nicer.

Have you done any language gcses/a-levels? I haven't lol ^^' Not required for thes (though preffered).

Woo! awesome. No i haven;t done any languages, i asked at open evening and the guy said it's not a requirement also so that's okay! ^^
Reply 766
Original post by jade456
Woo! awesome. No i haven;t done any languages, i asked at open evening and the guy said it's not a requirement also so that's okay! ^^

:biggrin: That's great!

Made the 2013 thread ^^ http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2118906&p=39517449#post39517449
Reply 767
Hello guys!

Wish you good luck and I hope you'll enjoy the "Intro Week".Please promise to write here and update me with information about what's happening.

In case you haven't read I won't be coming for the registration week as I am flying on 22.
Reply 768
Original post by buthoney
That's good :biggrin: at least they're not dismissing it outright, relief! Hahaha.

I know I'm so relieved! The languages and writing systems modules just looks too interesting for me to give up :tongue:

Original post by Mamonde
Hello guys!

Wish you good luck and I hope you'll enjoy the "Intro Week".Please promise to write here and update me with information about what's happening.

In case you haven't read I won't be coming for the registration week as I am flying on 22.

Hey, where are you flying from? At least you can enjoy the last day(s) of intro week :smile:
Reply 769
Everyone, have you all seen the Korean studies freshers event?? It's been posted on the facebook page for a few days but I'm not sure if any of you have added yourself. It'll be a good night, meet and greet etc students across all years plus others who are just interested in Korea/Korean. So make sure you come. Ksoc is always a laugh! It's usually the best place you find out info and ask questions, as drinks are flowing and you find people are more honest about their experiences studying both in Sheffield and in Korea etc. Get to meet Koreans too. I can't make it to the more 'official' department meet and greet as I've literally just came home from Korea and need to chill a bit so I hope you're all at the event so I can meet the people I've been talking to!

https://www.facebook.com/events/119253894888330/

Here's the link, if that doesn't work just go on the Ksoc facebook page, scroll down a little and you'll see it there too! Hopefully see you all soon! :smile:
Reply 770
Original post by 0w3n-69
Everyone, have you all seen the Korean studies freshers event?? It's been posted on the facebook page for a few days but I'm not sure if any of you have added yourself. It'll be a good night, meet and greet etc students across all years plus others who are just interested in Korea/Korean. So make sure you come. Ksoc is always a laugh! It's usually the best place you find out info and ask questions, as drinks are flowing and you find people are more honest about their experiences studying both in Sheffield and in Korea etc. Get to meet Koreans too. I can't make it to the more 'official' department meet and greet as I've literally just came home from Korea and need to chill a bit so I hope you're all at the event so I can meet the people I've been talking to!

Here's the link, if that doesn't work just go on the Ksoc facebook page, scroll down a little and you'll see it there too! Hopefully see you all soon! :smile:

ARGHHHH all you guys are so lucky, I wish i was staring this year!! fjhfgfgfjgf. Good luck to everyone btw!!
Reply 771
Original post by 0w3n-69

Sounds good - cheers for that!

Well. Its nearly 4.30 in the morning and I think my liver officially hates me. I think we need to be up for 12:00pm for registration tomorrow? I'm not sure. Btw the SEAS department are very friendly; Judith is very bubbly! Love her haha
Reply 772
Original post by 0w3n-69

I added myself to the event ^^ I had my first Japanese Politics lecture today, it looks really good!
Reply 773
Hello guys!Finally I am here at Sheffield,too! I had today Japanese politics,too and Korean Language..
Reply 774
Original post by Mamonde
Hello guys!Finally I am here at Sheffield,too! I had today Japanese politics,too and Korean Language..

Hey it was good to finally meet you on Tuesday! Managed to get to your lectures alright today?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending