The Student Room Group

Can I get a loan for a course with a foundation year

I want to apply for the Electronic Engineering course with a foundation year, would I get the loan to cover the foundation year as well as the other 4 years.
P.s its in University of Hull, UCAS code: H603
I would imagine so- Med students get funding for all 5 of their undergrad years, inc. the ones who do foundation years. If not, which is unlikely, you may have to pay for your final year- but you can easily save up for that as you have 4 years. But I would say SFE will give you a loan for all years. My mate is doing his 2nd degree and he gets a loan. Hope this helps.
Reply 2
Original post by christianoginni
I want to apply for the Electronic Engineering course with a foundation year, would I get the loan to cover the foundation year as well as the other 4 years.
P.s its in University of Hull, UCAS code: H603

Hello,

After looking on the website for University of Hull with the particular UCAS code, it seems the course you're wanting to do totals 4 years, whereas your post sort of signifies being a 5 year course.

Just to explain, the first year would be your foundation year, gaining of course a foundation degree, the rest of the 3 years would be to work towards getting BEng.

If this sounds right to you, then you would be able to get the full SFE support for all 4 years altogether.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending