The Student Room Group

University of Malta Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Malta is seeming really attractive.. I will definitely apply :biggrin: however just as a back up if I don't get any offers here in the UK!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by abzman619
Malta is seeming really attractive.. I will definitely apply :biggrin: however just as a back up if I don't get any offers here in the UK!

I thought this too, but have you looked into the subject requirements?
Reply 282
Yeah they want Bs in biology and chemistry. However they want a humanities subject which I don't have.. I'm doing maths :/ I've sent them an email but they haven't replied yet

When do applications open for 2013 entry? :smile: also would it matter if I have no humanities A2- I have done English Lit to AS and the extended project if they are looking for the essay factor, /contrasting subject. :confused:
Reply 284
Out of interest, what grades do UoM want you to have when applying for medicine?

I've been to Malta a few times, and absolutely love it! I was just curious about the university :smile:
Original post by syhash
Out of interest, what grades do UoM want you to have when applying for medicine?

I've been to Malta a few times, and absolutely love it! I was just curious about the university :smile:

They ask for Bs at A Level although I'm not sure their minimum requirement is what they expect in reality- I'm sure someone on here can enlighten us more :smile:
Reply 286
Original post by AspiringGenius
They ask for Bs at A Level although I'm not sure their minimum requirement is what they expect in reality- I'm sure someone on here can enlighten us more :smile:

Oh okay thank you! And do you know if they ask for chemistry and/or biology for A2? :smile:
Original post by syhash
Oh okay thank you! And do you know if they ask for chemistry and/or biology for A2? :smile:

Both, and a humanities subject. But I'm not sure how strict the policies are at all. I literally know very little hence why I am on this thread. Do you know when applications for 2013 entry open?
Reply 288
Both, and a humanities subject. But I'm not sure how strict the policies are at all. I literally know very little hence why I am on this thread. Do you know when applications for 2013 entry open?

No sorry, I don't know much about it either. I'm not properly looking into Malta, I was just curious seeing as I've been there a couple of times and was considering it as a back-up if I don't get offers from UK universities. Someone will hopefully answer our questions soon :wink:
Original post by syhash
No sorry, I don't know much about it either. I'm not properly looking into Malta, I was just curious seeing as I've been there a couple of times and was considering it as a back-up if I don't get offers from UK universities. Someone will hopefully answer our questions soon :wink:

See I'm hoping it to be one of my main options. I love UCl and Kings but if I got a place at Malta I would definitely consider going over Uk medical schools :smile:
Reply 290
See I'm hoping it to be one of my main options. I love UCl and Kings but if I got a place at Malta I would definitely consider going over Uk medical schools :smile:

Oh that's amazing! I haven't looked into it much, but after reading some of the posts on this thread I might give it a go! I've got a couple of years before I start applying, so I've got plenty of time :wink: Have you heard from anyone what it's like for international students in Malta?
Original post by syhash
Oh that's amazing! I haven't looked into it much, but after reading some of the posts on this thread I might give it a go! I've got a couple of years before I start applying, so I've got plenty of time :wink: Have you heard from anyone what it's like for international students in Malta?

No I've literally spoken to noone hence why I am here lol! :smile:
Reply 292

finally found some info about the requirements: http://www.um.edu.mt/registrar/regulations/faculties/ms/MD-1998-2

I would qualify because I take Economics. But I'm trying to find out more. I remember when I was researching this last year, I thought they wanted a language, so I completely discounted it. Now it seems not. Malta's certainly attractive because it's English speaking.
Original post by Pride
finally found some info about the requirements: http://www.um.edu.mt/registrar/regulations/faculties/ms/MD-1998-2

I would qualify because I take Economics. But I'm trying to find out more. I remember when I was researching this last year, I thought they wanted a language, so I completely discounted it. Now it seems not. Malta's certainly attractive because it's English speaking.

Yes and the low cost accommodation and no fees are definately drawing me. They list pure maths there. Do you think I would qualify with Maths A Level?
Reply 294
Yes and the low cost accommodation and no fees are definately drawing me. They list pure maths there. Do you think I would qualify with Maths A Level?

Possibly. I would think so.

I just get the impression there is hardly any info on the website. I don't know whether my application would be competitive, because I'm not sure what they're after. Does an A equal a B in their 'matriculation certificates' or whatever they're called?

I may just fill in an enquiry form, to get more information. And maybe somebody on here who has got onto the course could give us more info.
Original post by Pride
Possibly. I would think so.

I just get the impression there is hardly any info on the website. I don't know whether my application would be competitive, because I'm not sure what they're after. Does an A equal a B in their 'matriculation certificates' or whatever they're called?

I may just fill in an enquiry form, to get more information. And maybe somebody on here who has got onto the course could give us more info.

Oh I did that, a month ago. No response. :/
But, they just require B's (not A's) at A level in bio and chem - the humanities/languages thing is apparently a general university requirement but how strict they are is unclear.

Original post by Pride

See I thought this, but apparently those are the course-specific requirements, but the general university requirements still want the language/humanities.

Applications open in November, I too am trying to find out how strict they are - let me know if you manage to!

Original post by abzman619
Yeah they want Bs in biology and chemistry. However they want a humanities subject which I don't have.. I'm doing maths :/ I've sent them an email but they haven't replied yet

I sent one over a month ago and still haven't got a response so I wouldn't count on a quick reply ...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 296
Original post by joker12345
Oh I did that, a month ago. No response. :/
But, they just require B's (not A's) at A level in bio and chem - the humanities/languages thing is apparently a general university requirement but how strict they are is unclear.

See I thought this, but apparently those are the course-specific requirements, but the general university requirements still want the language/humanities.

Applications open in November, I too am trying to find out how strict they are - let me know if you manage to!

I sent one over a month ago and still haven't got a response so I wouldn't count on a quick reply ...

yeah, I study Economics, so I think that counts as a humanity. I just need some info. So you've sent an enquiry form already? no reply, that's so annoying...
Reply 297
You will need a language at AS, just a pass is needed so an E is fine! They are strict with there admission policy - you have to meet their course specific requirements AND general entry requirements. If you're Alevel students you can apply till July if u remember correctly.

Original post by Aysha92
You will need a language at AS, just a pass is needed so an E is fine! They are strict with there admission policy - you have to meet their course specific requirements AND general entry requirements. If you're Alevel students you can apply till July if u remember correctly.

thank you! are you there now? I have BBBC at AS with AAAb predictions for a2 but malta is my 2nd choice to UK

Original post by Pride
yeah, I study Economics, so I think that counts as a humanity. I just need some info. So you've sent an enquiry form already? no reply, that's so annoying...

hey you two! seen you on the year 13 medic thread- are you considering malta as a back up then to avoid a gap year or incase you dont get the grades, or you generally want to go there as a first choice- BBB and no fees, cheap living costs is sooo appealing and malta is just stunning and theres the opportunity to learn a new language < abroad sounds soo good :P hehe! x
Reply 299
Original post by Aysha92

you need a language? Where did you find this info. I can't find it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending