The Student Room Group

IGCSE statement of entry??

I didn't know about the statement of entry until last week.
what is the point of having a statement of entry? shouldn't the invigilators have
them? because anyone can edit the statement and send a double.
Reply 1
Original post by reb0xx
I didn't know about the statement of entry until last week.
what is the point of having a statement of entry? shouldn't the invigilators have
them? because anyone can edit the statement and send a double.

I'm not sure what you are asking about. Not all schools issue (or even create) statements of entry, so you will have to explain what happens at your centre for us to understand your problem. Is bringing the statement of entry along to the exam required as (very poor) proof of who you are?
Reply 2
Original post by Data
I'm not sure what you are asking about. Not all schools issue (or even create) statements of entry, so you will have to explain what happens at your centre for us to understand your problem. Is bringing the statement of entry along to the exam required as (very poor) proof of who you are?

yes, isn't bringing the statement a poor proof of who you are?
Reply 3
Original post by reb0xx
yes, isn't bringing the statement a poor proof of who you are?

Not at all - if you were intending to get someone to impersonate you then you would give it to him/her.

In most centres where they don't recognise all the candidates they have candidate cards on the desks with photos on so invigilators can check identities against them.
Reply 4
Original post by Data
Not at all - if you were intending to get someone to impersonate you then you would give it to him/her.

In most centres where they don't recognise all the candidates they have candidate cards on the desks with photos on so invigilators can check identities against them.

yes, the invigilator had photos to check the statements.
its impossible to make a fake one.

Quick Reply

Latest