The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York

York St. John Applicants 2013

I haven't been able to find one of these for York St. John's so I thought I'd start one!

I'm hoping to join in 2013 to study History and American studies!

Good luck to everyone! :smile: xx
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm hoping to go there in 2013 to study Education Studies :smile:
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Reply 2
I'm hoping to go for a primary b'ed :smile: have you already aplied? i says they email to confirm but its been two weeks and they havemt slighlty worried :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Original post by Alex-xox
I'm hoping to go for a primary b'ed :smile: have you already aplied? i says they email to confirm but its been two weeks and they havemt slighlty worried :s-smilie:

hello, i'm thinking of applying to do the same at york st john but i haven't visited there yet, just wondered if you have and what you thought? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by ConnieMary
hello, i'm thinking of applying to do the same at york st john but i haven't visited there yet, just wondered if you have and what you thought? :smile:

I actually only went last wednesday after i sent off... i thought it was really niice!! the layout for the teaching lectures were like proper primary classrooms and the library had a section devoted to beign like a school library with big books and everything else :smile: it was probably the best facilities i've seen so far and everyone seemed really friendly. Where else are you looking at?
I actually only went last wednesday after i sent off... i thought it was really niice!! the layout for the teaching lectures were like proper primary classrooms and the library had a section devoted to beign like a school library with big books and everything else :smile: it was probably the best facilities i've seen so far and everyone seemed really friendly. Where else are you looking at?

Are you from Bradford Uni?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 6

that sounds good! i like the look of it but haven't had a chance to go there yet, i think i am at the end of the month but am going to apply anyway :smile: i like winchester, reading, roehampton and sheffield hallam.. i wanted to look at nottingham trent but i haven't got a B in gcse maths and also northumbria but i think it's too far away from home for me. you ? :smile:
Applying for primary ed also :-)

Reply 8
Original post by KMLeeson
Are you from Bradford Uni?

Nope i actually go to a sixth form in cheshire at the moment. :smile:

Original post by ConnieMary
that sounds good! i like the look of it but haven't had a chance to go there yet, i think i am at the end of the month but am going to apply anyway :smile: i like winchester, reading, roehampton and sheffield hallam.. i wanted to look at nottingham trent but i haven't got a B in gcse maths and also northumbria but i think it's too far away from home for me. you ? :smile:

i wanted to go to trent but im in the same possition but my others are university of Gloucestershire, Bishop Grosseste, and University of Cumbria (advanced SEN/inc) my main problem is i dont know where i want to go most!! Whats Winchester like? I still have the option of adding one because i only have four and i wondered about them?
Reply 9

i wanted to go to trent but im in the same possition but my others are university of Gloucestershire, Bishop Grosseste, and University of Cumbria (advanced SEN/inc) my main problem is i dont know where i want to go most!! Whats Winchester like? I still have the option of adding one because i only have four and i wondered about them?

i know its so tricky!! i really like it, it's quite small and has old and new parts to it.. it was rated outstanding for primary ed. umm it depends what you like really i guess! but looking at your other options it's quite a similar type of uni :smile:
Reply 10
I'm going next year to Study English language and Japanese there study abroad programme looks very good that's what helped me make my mind up ^_^

Ah right sorry! I went to St. John's on Wednesday 10th and was wondering if you were the girl I had the tour with! Guess not! :smile:

Reply 12
Original post by KMLeeson
Ah right sorry! I went to St. John's on Wednesday 10th and was wondering if you were the girl I had the tour with! Guess not! :smile:

ahh no i meant thursday!! oopss sorry... i had the tour on my own but it was still really good :smile:
Reply 13
I have a friend applying here for Educational Studies and Primary Education.
She is in love with the University so one will be her firm and the other insurance.. she'll see you there!
I'm really hoping to get into York St. Johns to do Media Studies c:
Reply 15
Applied for Business Management :smile:
Reply 16
I'm applying for Psychology, fingers crossed :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPod app
Reply 17
Applied for Education Studies.. aaah hope I hear soon!
Original post by kaatylouise
I'm really hoping to get into York St. Johns to do Media Studies c:

Me too! I am applying York St. Johns, Bangor and Anglia Ruskin.
Do you know anything about the media department there? It all sounds so good online, but is it really?
(I can not visit there since I live in Germany at the moment :// )
Do you know how hard it is to get in? I don`t have the best of the grades (AACC but resitting one C this spring and predicting B/A since I originally did those exams from hospital and did not do well).
Have you sent your application already? I am doing it this Sunday and I feel like I am late already...
Reply 19
I'm looking to do Tourism Management at York St John as it's one of the few up north who aren't asking for GCSE maths at grade C... i have a D, although re-sitting i'm not too confident i'll get it!

Applying for Liverpool John Moore, Central Lancashire, Chester(Possibly) and Manchester Met(Need a C though)

Have any of you visited the accomodation at York? i've only seen online pictures and you can never tell from those!
Also is the university only small? i know it only has a few thousand students unlike Manchester etc with 33k

Quick Reply