The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2013 hopefuls! (again, early...)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3220
Original post by LucyHannah2048
Is any one else really scared from reading everyone else's amazing marks!?? :eek: I didnt do as well as I had hoped and now I definately know Im not guna make it this year. So im probably guna take a gap year and reapply again. I know I have always wanted to be a vet, and I still do, but Im so terrified I wont get the grades for it!!
I'm just wondering how everyone else prepares for their exams?? It might be my way of revising that needs changing :s-smilie:

i literally feel the same, i go on the stalking page and stuff and people are like 'yeah i got A*A*A' and i'm like hahahahaha no. not good!
revision tips would be very helpful people c:
Original post by rahrahh
i literally feel the same, i go on the stalking page and stuff and people are like 'yeah i got A*A*A' and i'm like hahahahaha no. not good!
revision tips would be very helpful people c:

Omg i know! I wish I had those grades haha, Im resitting as many as I can just to get up there! Haha I shouldnt stalk the page as its making me absolutely terrified! :/
Original post by rahrahh
just got invited to an interview at bristol! so happy but nervous ah! :biggrin:

now i need to fill out my nottingham questionnaire, here's to it taking forever :frown:

Congratulations!!! :biggrin:

When did you send off your UCAS? :smile:
Reply 3223
Original post by matty9694
Congratulations!!! :biggrin:

When did you send off your UCAS? :smile:

thankyou, i'm so happy! um i think just under 2 weeks ago :smile:
Original post by rahrahh
thankyou, i'm so happy! um i think just under 2 weeks ago :smile:

You're welcome. :smile: When I got my Liverpool interview in January I was so happy I just threw the laptop, started shouting and waving my arms around like a loon! Haha! God knows what i'd do if I got an offer! :tongue:

Wow! I applied a week ago, so I could hear in a week or so. :smile:
Reply 3225
You're welcome. :smile: When I got my Liverpool interview in January I was so happy I just threw the laptop, started shouting and waving my arms around like a loon! Haha! God knows what i'd do if I got an offer! :tongue:

haha i don't blame you! it's just torture now knowing i have to wait a few months before i find out if any of the other universities want to interview me. good luck! :biggrin:
Is anyone from Northern Ireland here? :tongue:

I had a liverpool interview too, messed up big time due to nerves :s-smilie: :L
Original post by rahrahh
haha i don't blame you! it's just torture now knowing i have to wait a few months before i find out if any of the other universities want to interview me. good luck! :biggrin:

I know! I waited until 20th January last time. (Got pre-interview rejections on January 10th, 11th and 12th!!! :frown: )

Original post by Imlovingmyradio
I had a liverpool interview too, messed up big time due to nerves :s-smilie: :L

Same!!! The interviewer on my 3rd station actually put his arm around me because I was physically shaking. (It didn't help that I was also desperate for a wee! :tongue: ) You wouldn't have thought that i've performed in front of more than 1000 people as an ELDERLEY WOMAN with absolutely no signs of nerves before. Haha! (I was 15 at the time and the audience was mainly teenagers. CRINGE!) :tongue:
I know! I waited until 20th January last time. (Got pre-interview rejections on January 10th, 11th and 12th!!! :frown: )

Same!!! The interviewer on my 3rd station actually put his arm around me because I was physically shaking. (It didn't help that I was also desperate for a wee! :tongue: ) You wouldn't have thought that i've performed in front of more than 1000 people as an ELDERLEY WOMAN with absolutely no signs of nerves before. Haha! (I was 15 at the time and the audience was mainly teenagers. CRINGE!) :tongue:

Yeah I'm the same D:, I kept awkwardly giggling..I'm crap at blowing my own trumpet :L:L
Yeah I'm the same D:, I kept awkwardly giggling..I'm crap at blowing my own trumpet :L:L

Haha! :tongue: Is it just me or do you also start forgetting REALLY simple words when you're nervous? Same!!

I just wish they'd see that I do have the confidence and the interpersonal skills to be a vet and that i'm only like that at interview because it means so much to me! :redface:
Haha! :tongue: Is it just me or do you also start forgetting REALLY simple words when you're nervous? Same!!

I just wish they'd see that I do have the confidence and the interpersonal skills to be a vet and that i'm only like that at interview because it means so much to me! :redface:

I had the same problem in mine! I kept saying 'ummmmmm what's the word"! I cringe thinking back on my interview!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by jordanelouise
I had the same problem in mine! I kept saying 'ummmmmm what's the word"! I cringe thinking back on my interview!!

Glad it's not just me then!!! :tongue: I actually think i'd have done a better job if I'd have been drunk. I was THAT bad! :s-smilie:
Glad it's not just me then!!! :tongue: I actually think i'd have done a better job if I'd have been drunk. I was THAT bad! :s-smilie:

I agree, if I was drunk I'd done a way better job..I kept like getting confused and going.."Ahhhhhhh" :rolleyes:
Did you get any acknowledgement that RVC had received it??
Just worried now, as i'm a reapplicant, UCAS have changed my ID number back to what it was last year (they only did this on Monday), but on the form my UCAS ID is the one they gave me before they changed it..
Slightly worried they won't know who I am as my ID has now been changed completely...
And I haven't had any acknowledgement of my application or the form being sent etc.
So have any of you had an email from them about it?
Thanks. (Sorry for the waffle above)
Is anyone from Northern Ireland here? :tongue:

Hi, Im from Northern Ireland, Where you all applied to???
Reply 3236
I just opened up my RVC form again to help me with the Nottingham form and i've only just noticed that it has mistakes on it!!! :frown: Every time I meant to say microscope, I seem to have put telescope! CRINGE! I just hope they scan them really quickly.

Never mind - there's nothing you can do about it now. They'll probably see it but will know what you mean. Just hope they don't mention it if you get called for an interview (don't worry, I'm sure they won't!)

Just a quick reminder for all 2013 applicants now everything's getting under way:

As tempting as it may be, please do not discuss any content of the Nottingham questionnaire on the forum. People want to help each other but this could put your chance of an offer or another person's chance at risk if you're caught.
Original post by Cetacea
Never mind - there's nothing you can do about it now. They'll probably see it but will know what you mean. Just hope they don't mention it if you get called for an interview (don't worry, I'm sure they won't!)

Just a quick reminder for all 2013 applicants now everything's getting under way:

As tempting as it may be, please do not discuss any content of the Nottingham questionnaire on the forum. People want to help each other but this could put your chance of an offer or another person's chance at risk if you're caught.

True! There's no point in me getting worried about what I can't change. :smile:
A fox just casually walked past me as I was waiting at the train station :biggrin:
Original post by estudiante_numero1
Not really haha, but thank you! :colondollar: :tongue:

They're still pretty impressive grades, don't worry! My average AS UMS across my three most relevant is only 86 UMS so you did way better than me haha! :biggrin:

I've got 22 weeks of work experience if you include long-term placements. :smile: You?

Oh damn, is it the day before? :/ I have Maths Challenge too I think, wooo! :frown:

That's still really good for getting all A's! I only got 2 :L
Wowwww! I've got 12 not including long term...I can't remember how long my long term ones were...they were like 4 months but for only 3 days a week :L
It is indeed :frown: Not impressed! Howevere I had wondered whether it may help get into a lateral way of thinking as such for the BMAT??
Sorry about taking ages to reply! Got the SAQ to do! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending